02-02-09, 05:09 PM   #1
Kruskk
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Requesting a Character Sheet Mod

I am looking for a mod or someone to make a quick mod that would change what is shown on the character sheet when brought up. Instead of seeing a 3-D model of your character, turn buttons, resists, and 2 drop-menu windows, it would show your resists across the top in the block, no 3-D model unless you click a button, and all 5 of the drop-menu info in one window. Or in this case, no sub-window, but just the grey bg and text information.

This is so I dont have to change menus around so much when I want to view certain stats and info.

If there is a mod that can do something like this or anyone that could program something like this, please let me know.

Also for the resists would it be possible to add a line to the mouse over window to give a percentage value of the resist versus either your current target or against a mob of the same level?

Last edited by Kruskk : 02-03-09 at 09:33 AM.
02-02-09, 06:29 PM   #2
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I have to admit I would second this mod as being very useful, sadly I dont know anything about coding so I am pretty useless in that department just thinhk this would be useful mod.

- Winston Churchill
02-02-09, 06:43 PM   #3
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
I could try and make this but it wouldn't be replacing the default ui and would be very simple. also would just be a basic frame that you open through a chat command (if you wan't a more complex version you would have to get some one else)
02-02-09, 07:34 PM   #4
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by cloudwolf View Post
I could try and make this but it wouldn't be replacing the default ui and would be very simple. also would just be a basic frame that you open through a chat command (if you wan't a more complex version you would have to get some one else)
Instead of a chat command, you could always either

a) force replace the character keybinding to your frame instead
b) hook into the function call for showing the frame, suppressing the original and calling your own instead

I'd also like to see this mod, unfortunately I just started a major project that will engulf my time or I'd write it.
02-02-09, 08:04 PM   #5
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
Chaos inc i'm a beginner to coding for this. I don't think it would be in my capacity so far to override an old frame or bind it to open when character menu opens. i could eventually try after getting the base look and work. i will work on this later.
02-02-09, 11:05 PM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Why has no one made this before? Awesome idea, even at the most simple level, it would be extremely useful.
02-02-09, 11:16 PM   #7
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
Working on it as we speak will be simple lay out but should be sufficient. Ive had this idea before or something similar was just to lazy to do anything about it
02-02-09, 11:48 PM   #8
BFSskepsis
Premium Member

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Working on it as we speak will be simple lay out but should be sufficient. Ive had this idea before or something similar was just to lazy to do anything about it
Do it and I will love you forever.
02-02-09, 11:56 PM   #9
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
Around 4:15 pm US West time I should be able to get a release #1 out.
Right now its 10:00pm US West and I have school in the morning. Will get to this when I get home from school.
02-03-09, 08:47 AM   #10
Kruskk
A Murloc Raider

wow already someone making this mod! I cant wait to see what youve come up with.

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Why has no one made this before? Awesome idea, even at the most simple level, it would be extremely useful.
I am full of ideas. ^_^ Maybe I should post more.\

Since I am a photoshop nut, heres a slight example of what to shoot for. Just omit the PvP tab at the bottom, thats another mod, and omit the borders of the "stat windows." You should be able to fit 6 blocks of info in the window space without having to change the size of the window.

Last edited by Kruskk : 02-03-09 at 09:31 AM.
02-03-09, 04:48 PM   #11
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
Release number 1
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atDisplay.html

I don't think i can give you a Resilience rating on this. I'm not finding the API to get your resilience rating I'm sure its there I just can't find it.

Kruskk atm it won't replace the default window. I will try to get that functionality in. So far I'm still a beginner at UI creation. Right now it will open with a chat command will see if i can make it open via pressing C maybe not on top of the old one we will see.

Last edited by cloudwolf : 02-03-09 at 08:30 PM.
02-03-09, 08:52 PM   #12
Kruskk
A Murloc Raider

good work so far. Ill let you know of any bugs/problems with what you have in this forum.

Ok heres something new, everytime I open my character sheet, keybind c of course, it also opens the Stat Display. Not able to move the window either. And all information in the original character sheet is either missing or reporting zero/negative values. It is only when I refresh the information by changing the boxes info like normal that it shows proper information. Resistances in the character sheet are shown as "x"

Last edited by Kruskk : 02-03-09 at 09:03 PM. Reason: New Bug
02-03-09, 09:15 PM   #13
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
I designed it to open with the menu also with the chat option i will add an option to disable the bind on C menu and I myself do not get the glitch where my Default menu is completley broken i just noticed the X's over the resistances and guild level race etc is broken too. I'll see what i can do not sure that it will get a fix/update tonight.
I also have an idea for a fix.

Do you want it to open seperatly of character screen or with it. also do you want it to replace the character screen or not. I'm trying to figure out a way to NOT replace the default charactar screen and get it to show up when the character screen opens. Also i know its not movable yet that will come later.

Last edited by cloudwolf : 02-03-09 at 10:09 PM.
02-04-09, 01:27 AM   #14
Recluse
A Cliff Giant

Release number 1
I don't think i can give you a Resilience rating on this. I'm not finding the API to get your resilience rating I'm sure its there I just can't find it.
Have a look in PaperDollFrame.lua (Blizzard's UI Kit) under the function PaperDollFrame_SetResilience().
02-04-09, 06:37 AM   #15
Kruskk
A Murloc Raider

Do you want it to open seperatly of character screen or with it. also do you want it to replace the character screen or not. I'm trying to figure out a way to NOT replace the default charactar screen and get it to show up when the character screen opens. Also i know its not movable yet that will come later.
Lets have it open separately from the char pane as it can get in the way right now. Also there are a few bugs in the window itself. Most of them are the names of the values (ie: Stamina, Intellect, etc...) they are not all there, the word itself. Its mostly the last 3 or 4 letters of the word.

For now work with what you can get in that window you have now and make sure all the information you are getting is accurate. Once you get that, then see if you can hook it into the character pane and being able to remove the current 3-d doll and current menus there.
02-04-09, 05:19 PM   #16
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
updated. You can now choose whether it opens with c or not. REQUIRES A /reloadui or to log out of your character then back in for the change to take effect. Due to this BY default it is not auto open on C just to keep annoyance down.

Ty for the resilience help and what res are you running in kruskk because on my screen I get full display of words.

Last edited by cloudwolf : 02-04-09 at 08:02 PM.
02-05-09, 07:53 AM   #17
Kruskk
A Murloc Raider

I run at 1440x900
02-05-09, 03:33 PM   #18
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

umm.....

http://www.wowinterface.com/download..._AllStats.html

has the functionality, just for LDB instead of a char frame replacement. still like the idea though, just thought i would throw that option out here. gl
02-05-09, 05:04 PM   #19
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
Well now that addon is more accurate than mine lol wonder how they did that any way. I tried running on 1440x900 and i see full values same as running on 1680x1080. I also tried running in windowed mode and normal mode. I see full values would you please provide me with a screen shot of the visual glitch your getting kruskk
02-07-09, 10:27 PM   #20
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
Double post lol.
Updated with more accurate number readout.

Are you still getting visual glitches kruskk?

Updated again this time it over rides when its bound to the character frame.

Last edited by cloudwolf : 02-08-09 at 01:36 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Requesting a Character Sheet Mod