Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-06-20, 03:07 PM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alternatives to CurseForge / WowAce for repositories and package manager / builder

CurseForge and WowAce websites moved to Overwolf on Nov 30. While the websites themselves have returned, the SVN repositories are not in the state they were before the move but appear to be weeks (if not months) old. The package manager / builder is also not functional. The state of these two pieces has not been publicly acknowledged and, of course, there's not an estimate of when (or if) they will return.

In the meantime, Blizzard has released Shadowlands on _retail_ and Naxxramas on _classic_ both of which need a "## Interface:" bump at the very least.

I do have a local copy of the SVN repositories for my addons so I'm looking for:
  1. A new home for the SVN repositories (and how to upload my local copy).
  2. A package manager / builder that will require the minimum amount of changes (i.e. uses .pkgmeta).
  3. A How-to or Step-by-Step on how to complete this transition.

The addons I'm most concerned with (Skillet and Skillet-Classic) are both hosted on WowInterface so once I have a new .zip file, I can upload them here. If you can upload a .zip package to CurseForge, I don't know how to do that so some assistance would be appreciated.

I've seen references to https://github.com/BigWigsMods/packager but I'm not sure yet how I would use it.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Alternatives to CurseForge / WowAce for repositories and package manager / builder