01-12-06, 04:03 AM   #1
spock
A Murloc Raider
DAB 3.0 keybindings (basic)

I'm nearing completion on my upgrade from 2.36 to 3.0 for DAB. I encountered the message that says the default WOW keybindings for bar1 (1, 2, 3, ..., -, =) need to be rebound. Fine, I did that and it works, but only until i logout or reload the UI. It seems to "forget" that i bound those keys and when it reloads it binds them to nothing. I need to rebind them every time I log in.

At the end of my bindings-cache.wtf file (not sure if this is the main keybinding file or not) I see the lines:

bind 1 DAB_1
bind 2 DAB_2
bind 3 DAB_3
bind 4 DAB_4
bind 5 DAB_5
bind 6 DAB_6
bind 7 DAB_7
bind 8 DAB_8
bind 9 DAB_9
bind 0 DAB_10
bind - DAB_11
bind = DAB_12

Those seem right, but aren't loaded on login. Any ideas?
01-12-06, 05:29 AM   #2
facboy
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i believe it's a bug in the current DAB. avoid using the 'auto-configure' setting or button and u should be ok...you'll need to manually set up the keybindings using DAB's key configuration, not the WoW default interface.
01-12-06, 02:52 PM   #3
nasents
A Defias Bandit
I've tried what seems to be like everything to fix this with still no resolution. I"ve tried many things that have worked for others to no avail, auto config, no auto config, set in WoW, set in DAB, new profiles, delete profiles, bind for all chars, not bind for all chars... nothing seems to work for me.

Everytime I die, hearth, reload ui, enter or exit an instance my bindings are gone and it automatically changes to page 1 of bar 1 and an error pops saying that I'm trying to use wow's default keybindings.

only think I can think of is some setting in WOW its self that rebinds my set keybindings to wow and overrides what I put in DAB.

This has been the death of me like 10 times now. I REALLY hate to but I'm going to have to look for a new interface if I can't get this figured out tonight. Which really sucks, after I fumbled through how to set up the new DAB I REALLY like it, but my feeble mind just can't get used to resetting KBs everytime I zone.
01-12-06, 07:17 PM   #4
facboy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by nasents
I've tried what seems to be like everything to fix this with still no resolution. I"ve tried many things that have worked for others to no avail, auto config, no auto config, set in WoW, set in DAB, new profiles, delete profiles, bind for all chars, not bind for all chars... nothing seems to work for me.

Everytime I die, hearth, reload ui, enter or exit an instance my bindings are gone and it automatically changes to page 1 of bar 1 and an error pops saying that I'm trying to use wow's default keybindings.

only think I can think of is some setting in WOW its self that rebinds my set keybindings to wow and overrides what I put in DAB.

This has been the death of me like 10 times now. I REALLY hate to but I'm going to have to look for a new interface if I can't get this figured out tonight. Which really sucks, after I fumbled through how to set up the new DAB I REALLY like it, but my feeble mind just can't get used to resetting KBs everytime I zone.
if nothing else works, edit the lua. that's how i fixed mine.
01-12-06, 07:57 PM   #5
spock
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by facboy
set up the keybindings using DAB's key configuration, not the WoW default interface.
This worked for me.
01-13-06, 03:03 AM   #6
legion87
A Defias Bandit
I deleted any discord action bar related files in my interface/wtf folders

Logged in, hit save bindings per character on the wow keybindings

did /dab , created a new profile

did some keybindings and logged out and back in and they saved ^^

make sure to delete your old discord savedvariables

I tried pretty much everything and it wouldnt save my binds until I did the above
01-13-06, 05:26 AM   #7
Moulden
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy

Originally Posted by facboy
if nothing else works, edit the lua. that's how i fixed mine.
I thought this was a good idea but when I was editing it I noticed that the only key that had been successfully saved was button ID 60 (as shown in the GUI) but it was being saved in button position [62] (in the lua).

Are they all offset by two?

Also, is there any way to get the buttons numbering consecutively in the bars? mine are all over the joint. eg. 1st bar runs 1-12 and the last two buttons are 77 and 81 :-/
01-13-06, 05:58 AM   #8
Moulden
A Defias Bandit
Cool

Originally Posted by Moulden
Are they all offset by two?
Apparently not >_<

Button IDs 45-46, 73-76, 85-88 and 105-106 (2nd bar) are all in their correct respective slots in the lua. /shrug

Meh, it's working now. I'm moving on.
01-13-06, 07:46 AM   #9
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Moulden
Also, is there any way to get the buttons numbering consecutively in the bars? mine are all over the joint. eg. 1st bar runs 1-12 and the last two buttons are 77 and 81 :-/
Remove all buttons from all bars then re-add. DAB does add them in order but didn't always which is why the default settings are mixed up.
01-13-06, 08:15 AM   #10
Mayeck
A Kobold Labourer
Found this in an other thread http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3300 :

Originally Posted by Killariel
some things to try...

1) Open up the WoW keybinding interface and make sure the box in the upper-right hand corner is checked - individual bindings for characters.

2) Set all of you Dab specific settings at the same time using the DAB keybind Interface.

3) Go back and set your non-dab bindings in the WoW keybind interface.

4) Log out.

This should do it...

Worked great for me. Tried mostly everything else..

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DAB 3.0 keybindings (basic)