12-14-10, 10:19 PM   #1
projecthate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Dungeon loot rolls do not have warehouse data

I've noticed this for quite some time and it hasn't been a huge problem but my gear is changing so fast now that I find myself needing on things for my offspecs that I have in the bank. Is it possible to get the tooltips for dungeon drops to show whether or not they're in the warehouse?

12-14-10, 11:50 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The tooltip scanner just looks for the item name in the first line. Are you using any addon causing or is the game showing the first line differently than normal?

12-15-10, 12:23 AM   #3
projecthate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I don't think so - the only other addons I run are Atlas/AtlasLoot, Bartender, OmniCC, Quartz, Satrina's Buff Frames, Skada and VuhDdo.

From the nature of your question, I'm guessing you see warehouse data on dungeon loot tooltips?

I'll disable everything except Carbonite and see if I still encounter the problem.

Okay I've tested a bit and confirm it can't be any other addons I have running and I see no reason why the game would be displaying anything abnormally. Screenshots:

I know it looks like I just logged in for the third one, and that's true... I forgot to screenshot the addon usage tooltip to show that no addons were running. I promise, I didn't turn anything off between screenshots.

Also, it's not a huge concern (I understand you have more important stuff to do), I've always just been curious why it didn't work.

Last edited by projecthate : 12-15-10 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Screenshots

12-15-10, 04:43 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hehe, I believe you. That is my favorite instance to test in. My goblin shammy has the mace from the first guy. I had 2 of them at one point, but never noticed the tooltip.

I added testing it to my todo list.

12-16-10, 11:09 PM   #5
projecthate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Another oddity I just found with warehouse is that heroic and non-heroic versions of the same items do not register correctly. It seems that if you have one of each the warehouse registers it as two of the non-heroic and as such displays warehouse data saying that you have two non-heroic on the tooltip. Not a problem, just thought it was interesting and if you wanted to add a line or two of code to fix it you could (although there's probably no practical reason anyone would care).

12-17-10, 03:39 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I found the problem. Equipped items were not counted.

For next version:
Fixed Warehouse tooltip info not counting equipped items.

It saves items using their link not id, so items with a heroic version will look the same. No easy fix for that.

12-17-10, 05:56 PM   #7
projecthate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I found the problem. Equipped items were not counted.

For next version:
Fixed Warehouse tooltip info not counting equipped items.

It saves items using their link not id, so items with a heroic version will look the same. No easy fix for that.
I feel like this post makes me sound like I'm ungrateful for the effort you put in, but it's totally not meant that way.

Are you sure this was the problem? This may also be occurring but in my screenshots the cape is in my bags, not equipped.

12-17-10, 06:09 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No worries.

I was using the BOE mace from the first boss in RC, which my shammy had equipped, but was not counted in tooltip. I already had in my mage's inventory when testing. I have to run out, but I will try the tooltip again with the roll box open later tonight. Should not matter since the tooltip looks the same.

12-17-10, 07:21 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I tried it again and the tooltip for the mace showed the correct warehouse info while rolling on the item. If it still does not work for you, then I don't know what is causing it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Dungeon loot rolls do not have warehouse data