01-10-06, 08:13 AM   #1
lbooker
A Defias Bandit
WoW UIManager and Auto-Updater

Hello people!

I've been working on this project for the past year, releasing updates when I've had time. I finally decided however to get around to doing the big things I wanted done.

UIManager allows you to manage, export, install, delete and update the interface versions of all your addons. It also now, after much ado, supports the updating of mods over the internet. All one needs to do is right-click on a mod in the list, and select Update UI Mod.

The only proviso is that the mod needs to have the '## Update:' field in it's TOC filled out. This field must contain a static URL to a ZIP file of the UI's latest version. Ideally, you'd just replace the file with your addon every time you update it, so that the '## Update' field remains correct.

So, I guess I'm asking now that anyone who has a mod, find a good file host and add this info to your TOC. Anyone who uses WoW UIManager can then update it from the program with the minimum of fuss.

Please, check it out. Let me know if you have any suggestions or bug reports.

PS. This needs the .NET Framework 1.1 -- you can grab it here: http://tinyurl.com/6nkqy

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~digitalcorsair
01-10-06, 07:46 PM   #2
Tsurani
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
anyone know anything about this? or used it ?

no offence but it sounds to good to be true lol
01-11-06, 03:06 PM   #3
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would love to see something more along the lines of a debian repository backend for the major hosts (like wowi) and a utility (command line / gui frontend) that does something similar to an apt-get.

If done right, it would require little in the way of major changes on the host side, and users could get updates out of the box (as well as browse addons to install)
01-11-06, 07:11 PM   #4
lbooker
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Beladona
I would love to see something more along the lines of a debian repository backend for the major hosts (like wowi) and a utility (command line / gui frontend) that does something similar to an apt-get.

If done right, it would require little in the way of major changes on the host side, and users could get updates out of the box (as well as browse addons to install)
A repository at a major host would be ideal. However I don't exactly have that support so this was the only solution.

The other option was to host a repository myself -- but I don't have the time to maintain such a repository.

I can easily code in command line stuff into the program, so you could run it in a batch file just before starting WoW. It would check for new UI mod versions, update, and then run WoW. You wouldn't even need a GUI (unless you wanted to enable/disable, delete, install and export mods).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » WoW UIManager and Auto-Updater