07-05-10, 05:25 PM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

cant resize chat - nobody noticed??

we cant resize anymore with prat or chatter the chat windows UP? only DOWN?? and cant make it bigger, on all screen for example?

also with tinypad we cant link more than 1 item now... anyway many chat problems with last patch and i cant belive nobody speak about that or try to fix... thanks
07-05-10, 05:48 PM   #2
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use BasicChatMods and the author has fixed the resize issue. So I imagine prat and chatter will have fixes soon.

Last edited by def9 : 07-05-10 at 05:48 PM. Reason: grammer
07-05-10, 09:56 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Been using chatter since before the patch and havent had any resize issues since about 2 days after it. The get the latest version from wowace.com

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-06-10, 02:16 AM   #4
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I think he means that you can no longer drag the edges of Chatter to resize it, instead you need to use the corner tag.
07-06-10, 03:23 AM   #5
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by xandora View Post
I think he means that you can no longer drag the edges of Chatter to resize it, instead you need to use the corner tag.
Yep, its a giant PITA. Or at least was.

BasicChatMods has a new resize_chatframe.lua module, but its no different from Chatter's TinyChat.lua (which has been around forever). All it does is allow you to make the chat box smaller than the default minimum size.

Fortunately, though, Chatter has added a new module in the last couple of alpha revisions--AllResize.lua--that allows you to once again resize the chat box via any edge of it. Instead of just by the lower right corner as Blizzard has by (annoying) default.

Pick up the latest Chatter revision at the development site (v.1.2.6-7-g2127a58 or later). The alpha revision cautions apply to non-releases (it might 'splode your 'puter, etc.). But the latest alphas have been working here without errors or problems.
07-06-10, 01:17 PM   #6
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Look here http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....168140&sid=1#0 in official forums where after 8 replies the only word i can say, sorry, is retards - nobody got what i said, but finally here in wowinterface you guys got it from first try lol.

But still i dont got the solution and what u said, so how we can resize the chat window using any point to drag it? what tinychat.lua? But ok probably ill wait for updated, but im wonder why the bigest problems arent fixed yet

Basicchatmods can make the chat window big on all screen?.. i dont want to try it, i think chatter and prat are better, i mean was better- because now are uselles for me, i use from them only the Highlight option (wich i heard is bugged too...)

Other big problem is we cant make the chat window how big we want, i mean on all screen (to take a screen, for example, of a long chat). Only Prat was able to do that, but now cant do this anymore

Last edited by xromania™ : 07-06-10 at 01:24 PM.
07-06-10, 01:58 PM   #7
Kagaro
A Cyclonian
I added a resize module to chatter, when enabled will re-enable the 3.3 all edges can be used for resizing.
07-06-10, 02:03 PM   #8
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

It'll take a little bit for the developers of Chatter to work out all the new kinks and bugs from their addon. But it looks like it should return to a mostly normal function soon.

Just be patient.
07-06-10, 03:35 PM   #9
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
But still i dont got the solution and what u said, so how we can resize the chat window using any point to drag it? what tinychat.lua? But ok probably ill wait for updated, but im wonder why the bigest problems arent fixed yet
You not understand what I said? The answer was in my post.

Download the latest version of Chatter from the development site. There is a new feature in it turned on by default (called "All Edge resizing") that allows you to resize the chat box by clicking any edge (as Kagaro said above).

Other big problem is we cant make the chat window how big we want, i mean on all screen (to take a screen, for example, of a long chat). Only Prat was able to do that, but now cant do this anymore
Not true. Chatter's new "All Edge resizing" allows you to click an edge of the chat box to resize it however big you want, like before.

If you don't use any chat mods, you can also make the default chat box however big you want it, as you could in the previous WoW patch. Click the chat tab to move the box, use the lower right corner to make it bigger. Much more inconvenient than Chatter's edge resizing, though.
07-07-10, 04:49 PM   #10
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks all and yes i saw what you said but i preffer to use the main download. And before i wasnt able to resize on all screen the chat box but only with Pratt yes. And i used in same time chatter just for the Highlights option. Now i can finally use only a chat mod not 2, if you say chatter can resize on all screen now...

But tinypad why isnt implemented in chatter or prat? how you guys manage your words, copy/paste, the notices or the items you want to remember?? i see the author updated it after years, this patch, but he a new problem - about linking 2 items from tinypad to chat. We can link only one. I cant say anymore Chuck Nourish lol. Chuck is achiev. Or to link 2 or 3 items from tinypad...

Last edited by xromania™ : 07-07-10 at 05:00 PM.
07-12-10, 03:26 PM   #11
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

back to this post. Hey thanks Kagaro, we can drag from anywhere now. But, like before the patch too, we cant resize the chat window how big we want - for example on all screen. Im using Prat just for that... And isnt good to use 2 addons for chat..

and my suggestion about tinypad or a notes thing implemented in a chat addon... you guys dont need notices with stuff to remember and items link?...
07-12-10, 06:48 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You couldn't do that before the patch. There was always a limit to how large or small the chat frame could be. You had to use an addon for it (sometimes the option was called "greater resize").
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-21-10, 07:40 PM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

... how we can resize the chat window using any point to drag it? ... make the chat window big on all screen?
PhanxChat allows you to resize the chat frame from any edge (the way it worked by default before patch 3.3.5) and to resize the chat frame to fill the entire screen if you want. It doesn't have all the other features that, say, Prat has, but it may be worth checking out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » cant resize chat - nobody noticed??