07-25-14, 12:14 PM   #1
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Vocal Raid Assistant

Hello WoW-Interface-Community .

I have made and addon (not from scratch), that will help raiders, and more importantly raid-leaders, keeping track of what cooldowns that are being cast in realtime (Example given, Tranquility, Divine Hymn, Healing Tide Totem and more). This can often be hard to notice from various sources on your screen, and can end up cluttering your UI.

Instead this addon tells you vocally what cooldowns are being casts (you can customize which you wanna hear).

You can download the addon here:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/vocalraidassistant

I would love feedback (You can post here or on Curse), both positive and negative, so i can try and improve the addon. I really think this can be a good asset to a progressing raiding guild.

Cheers
- Nitrak
07-26-14, 01:41 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Why not upload the addon here on WoWI? Once you've set it up, it only takes a minute to upload each new version... since it doesn't look like you're using version control on Curse either, it probably takes longer to upload a new version there than it would take you to upload it here.
07-26-14, 03:53 AM   #3
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Why not upload the addon here on WoWI? Once you've set it up, it only takes a minute to upload each new version... since it doesn't look like you're using version control on Curse either, it probably takes longer to upload a new version there than it would take you to upload it here.
I'll be getting it uploaded here one of these days .

Tbh, dno why i haven't used the repository, i'm just making a zip-file everytime i make a new version . I'll look into using the SVN

But 1.0.3 just came out, a lot of nice new features, atm just have one big hurdle i'm working on.

I am trying to make a feature for individual selection of who you want to hear buff application on, although i find it hard (still very new to lua) to make a frame that updates as players update in group.

I am trying to bind: PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED but because of CallbackHandler i get an error that i have to bind it to a function, and if i try and bind it to a function (which i would assume it would run when the event is called), nothing ever happens. So i'm at a bit of a loss .
07-26-14, 05:24 AM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm pretty sure that event is obsolete and you need GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE instead.
07-26-14, 03:00 PM   #5
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I'm pretty sure that event is obsolete and you need GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE instead.
Okay, i'll give it a go, will look at it tomorrow - But as i said, still very new to making UI's, so i find out stuff as i go!
07-27-14, 10:24 AM   #6
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Thank you for your hint. With your hint and some more googleling i finally made it work .

1.0.4 is now uploaded on both curse and WoW-Interface! - It is looking good!

Last edited by Nitrak : 07-27-14 at 12:35 PM.
07-28-14, 07:13 PM   #7
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I don't know if this technically is considered bumping, but just wanted to let interested parties know that just uploaded version 1.0.5 for approval (Both here and on curse), here is the change log:

Version 1.0.5
Added Cooldown Bar
Added Defensive Buff Bar
Added Offensive Buff Bar
(NOTE: All the bar's will receive further updates)
Added class color to Individual Buff
Added abilities:
- Icebound Fortitude
- Dancing Rune Weapon
- Vampiric Blood
- Barkskin
- Might of Ursoc
- Survival Instincts
- Fortifying Brew
- Guardian of Ancient Kings
- Argent Defender
- Divine Protection
- Divine Shield
- Shield Wall
- Last Stand
- Demoralizing Shout

I think you guys really will like the new bars i added, although they are still primitive (You can't add and remove abilities from them yourself).

Any feedback regarding the bars is highly appreciated, as this was a very big leap for me, and hopefully there is no "kinks", but you never know!
07-30-14, 08:48 PM   #8
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Had to make an "emergency patch", so little sleep for me tonight! .

Version 1.0.6
Fixed "nil" bar error that would occur in rare situations
Added class color to progress bars
Update bar interface slightly
Added abilities:
- Shattering Throw

The "nil" error would run infinite since it was a bar that was "miscreated blank", and would be created with an infinite timer. Luckily i found the culprit (i think, was not able to reproduce the error) and did a few other minor updates and tweaks .

I will be going on a 2 week vacation from 02/08-16/08, so during this time my replies and updates may be scarse, but i will be back! - I got big plans in store for this addon!
08-22-14, 08:01 AM   #9
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Back from vacation

And just released 1.0.8. Now you can customize what the bars will show yourself! Plus some bug-fixes!

Keept getting 0 returned from GetInspectSpecialization(name) so now "Tank only" checks on Role instead of specialization
10-12-14, 09:37 AM   #10
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It's been some time, but i finally had time to update my addon!

Version 1.0.9 is up for approval on curse and right after i post this, i will update the WoWInterface upload.

Version 1.0.9
Fixed a bug where you could not move the Cooldownbar
Now cooldowns that reset on boss kill/wipe will be reset on Cooldownbar

As far as i am aware, it is all cooldowns that are 5 minutes or above that get's reset when you wipe/kill a boss - If this is incorrect, please correct me and i will correct the code. I tried finding information about exactly what it resets, but it was near impossible.
06-02-15, 01:22 PM   #11
Nitrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I have been busy with my studies, and exams, so no news for a long time.

I just released version 1.2.1.

I removed all the bars and other clutter, and reverted the addon back to do it's basic functions, since the feedback i have gotten suggests that people prefer their own methods of showing cooldowns/buff uptime etc, but really enjoy the vocal part.

I have also added quite a few spells that will be announced.

I hope you will find it to good use

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Vocal Raid Assistant