10-23-11, 03:18 AM   #61
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Keep it civil please, that goes for both sides here.
10-23-11, 03:56 AM   #62
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm a perfectly refined lady of society, I wouldn't dare question someone else's intelligence~ I swears.

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Keep it civil please, that goes for both sides here.
PS: your sig is huge!

OT:
I found this pretty funny That's pretty much their stance on anything these days lol

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Q) How are you guys going to fit Draenei and the BEs getting monks?
A) We will probably throw it in like its always been there.... We'll make it work!

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 10-23-11 at 04:20 AM.
10-23-11, 06:39 AM   #63
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
The reason I play a Human now is because of that. It's the best part ;D New Hair styles would be nice, REAL nice, but I want them to fix hands/feet and the shoulder skeletons right now. Look at orc or human males when they move their shoulders, same with Blood Elf females. Looks pretty horrible.
I was making a sig for a worgen character and the person requested that I include both the human and worgen form. When I was cutting out the background I noticed that the difference in quality between the worgen model and the human model was HUGE. It's as if the models were from two different games. I think instead of adding new hairstyles or new dances they should focus on updating the old models.

Originally Posted by Blizz
We do want to change hunters so you can see quivers and or ammo pouches, potentially customize them, etc.
/drool

This is one of the things I've been wanting since the beginning. I really, really hope they'll also display bows/guns/xbows on the back like they do with melee weapons.

Now let hunters mount their pets and I'm back for good.
10-23-11, 08:28 AM   #64
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Ride around on a bird or turtle mount? Lol. I'd love to see my hunter's bow on her back. That would be amazing. Send in a twitter Q&A for it or w/e

And yes, they definitely need to update the old models... it's not even a joke when you compare old and new.

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
I was making a sig for a worgen character and the person requested that I include both the human and worgen form. When I was cutting out the background I noticed that the difference in quality between the worgen model and the human model was HUGE. It's as if the models were from two different games. I think instead of adding new hairstyles or new dances they should focus on updating the old models.

/drool

This is one of the things I've been wanting since the beginning. I really, really hope they'll also display bows/guns/xbows on the back like they do with melee weapons.

10-23-11, 10:57 AM   #65
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Ride around on a bird or turtle mount?
Pff. How about ride around on a Loque'nahak mount?
10-23-11, 11:08 AM   #66
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Pffft. I'm thinking of my human riding around on a CHIMERA. Or a T-Rex. :>
10-23-11, 11:08 AM   #67
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

I WOULD NEVER ride on that baby. It's a sin and how dare you even think of wanting to :< poor girl... (yes I know it's a boy But it's a girl 'cause I say so)

10-23-11, 12:09 PM   #68
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

If he's strong enough to mate with Har'koa then he's strong enough to carry an anorexic female blood elf on his back.
10-23-11, 12:38 PM   #69
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by kasca View Post
WOW we get our bags BACK..woot. again well be missing a bog for other stuff. The way it read is (to me) there takeing melee away from any class they dont use melee.
No, not the ammo pouches and quivers that used to take up a bag slot. Just the appearance of a pouch or quiver on your model. They want to do this for each class, too. So pally's would have a libram on their model, etc.

I'm not going to address the rest of your post, since it already has been. Take a breather, please, kasca. Many of us are sharing information we picked up from the Con (or its stream) and not just from what you may be able to read. Though most of what has been said has been put into text form on various sites already.

/drool

Yeah, they're still planning on updating the models. They say that it's especially apparent how different they are when you look at the old models compared to the new Pandaren ones. They did mention displaying bows/guns on your back, since those will be your primary weapon now. I believe this was during one of the Q&A panels that this came up at. As for riding your pet, why would you want to do that? Your pet is your companion, your best friend, your hunting partner. Why would you want to tire it out by carrying your lazy butt and all your gear around?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-23-11, 12:40 PM   #70
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

'Cause Haylie is a Blood Elf, nuff said ;D
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
... As for riding your pet, why would you want to do that? Your pet is your companion, your best friend, your hunting partner. Why would you want to tire it out by carrying your lazy butt and all your gear around?

10-23-11, 03:17 PM   #71
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Heh, I guess we'll just have to agree that we disagree regarding the 'mount your pet' thing. Else I'd end up throwing this whole thread off-topic.

I have to admit at first I thought the Mists of Pandaria thing was some sort of joke. It still feels a bit anti-climatic. So many cool lore points to cover and they go with the obscure Warcraft 3 Easter Egg?

Regardless, I've browsed around mmo-champion a bit and I haven't found much info on UI changes. Any significant changes coming up on that front?
10-23-11, 04:44 PM   #72
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
The pet battle system seems to have almost an entire new UI with its own unitframes and actionbars.

And we have the Chi/Light/Dark energy element coming.
10-23-11, 05:02 PM   #73
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Gives Zork something to do with his RBBS Orbs ;D having a dual/tri system of resources. Warlocks are going to have more than one now as well, and some other classes might get a secondary resource.

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
The pet battle system seems to have almost an entire new UI with its own unitframes and actionbars.

And we have the Chi/Light/Dark energy element coming.
Several classes have more than one resource now, monks have 3, warlocks have 3. New combat pets ui. Um not to sure what else as of right now.
Heh, I guess we'll just have to agree that we disagree regarding the 'mount your pet' thing. Else I'd end up throwing this whole thread off-topic.

I have to admit at first I thought the Mists of Pandaria thing was some sort of joke. It still feels a bit anti-climatic. So many cool lore points to cover and they go with the obscure Warcraft 3 Easter Egg?

Regardless, I've browsed around mmo-champion a bit and I haven't found much info on UI changes. Any significant changes coming up on that front?

10-23-11, 05:45 PM   #74
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Got some Pandaren names saved on my server 8D

Now to wait until the beta...
10-24-11, 03:27 PM   #75
Phanx
Cat.

After some more thought, I've decided that if I ignore the pandas and pokemon, the rest of the expansion doesn't look as awful as it did at first glance. It still looks like they're simplifying too many things; in particular, for the classes I play, most of the "talents" are completely useless and do absolutely nothing to improve my character's effectiveness. I get that they're trying to avoid making any talents mandatory, but I think they went too far in the opposite direction. I feel like I could just ignore the entire talent system and not really be any worse for it.
10-24-11, 03:45 PM   #76
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I think the mistake they made in the current version of the talents they previewed (nothing is set in stone, etc) is that since there will always be an 'optimal' spec for mitigating damage/healing/doing damage, they moved all of those talents into the spec abilities, leaving only the truly optional stuff. However, what's optional? PvP stuff, mobility, a little utility. That's about it. Those don't make for very interesting talents at all.

In my opinion, they need to find a good balance between talents that are interesting for your role even when you don't PvP, and talents that aren't mandatory so that everyone has to take them. It's difficult, but currently they seem to lean too far to one side.

Personally, I actually found nothing wrong with the pre-Cataclysm talents. Cataclysm gave us less choice, and with the ways things are looking now, Mists of Pandaria simply gives us no interesting choice at all for some classes (looking at you, Paladin talents).

But anyways, pre-alpha is pre-alpha etc. Things can (and probably will) change.
10-24-11, 04:06 PM   #77
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't know... I see some decent Pally talents in there. Now... I could never make it past level 19 on a Pally, so I'm speaking as an outsider. But there are some things in there that sound pretty nice. Perhaps you need to take a step back from what you are used to?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-24-11, 04:23 PM   #78
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

They are making WoW just like D3, next up they are reducing all the attack things for rogue, making SS the only way to get CPs and making evis the only finisher besides bleeds.
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I don't know... I see some decent Pally talents in there. Now... I could never make it past level 19 on a Pally, so I'm speaking as an outsider. But there are some things in there that sound pretty nice. Perhaps you need to take a step back from what you are used to?

10-24-11, 04:23 PM   #79
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Well, I don't know. So this are the talents, right?

http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pand...t-calculator#l

Say you're Retribution, like me. Only the last tier of talents actually has something that directly impacts dps. The others are, in order: mobility, CC, defence, self-heals, utility. For PvP that's great, but for PvE that's not interesting at all. Partially because we'll barely use any of that in PvE and partially because we just get to choose between stuff we already had before and never had to think about, since we didn't really care either.

For holy and protection it's a little more interesting, though.

I heard similar complaints from a few other classes, hope they spice things up a bit across the board.

Last edited by Haleth : 10-24-11 at 04:26 PM.
10-24-11, 09:35 PM   #80
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
I think putting things of the same type in one category to chose from bad.
My preference would be that I give up things of the other categories.
So if I chose selfheal as a tank in one category I would give up dps/utility.
That would give the choice to be a dps-tank, a self-heal tank or a utility-tank.

I still think they take away the choices and not adding as the try to advertise.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » So, Next Expansion Enthusiasm?