05-01-14, 01:50 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Map: Show Friends/Guildmates in cities

Map > Map Options:
"Show Friends/Guildmates in Cities"

(None of the 3 available options in that section work when they are check-marked).
I'm not referring to Battlegrounds.

They used to work, but they haven't been working for a very long time.
Rythal, is this also on your 'list of things to do"?

05-02-14, 02:21 AM   #2
tbor
A Kobold Labourer
I've been using carbonite, well, practically forever. The only time I've ever seen anyone shown on my map is if they too are using carbonite and have their privacy settings set to allow their position/etc made available, of course excluding bg's, groups, raids and the like.

Personally, I'd surmise that there are more important things to be done, this is a minor issue.

05-02-14, 02:23 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Yeah those options only work if the other people are also using Carbonite.

05-02-14, 06:37 PM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Rythal, thanks for replying. I may be wrong, but I thought Carbonite used to display friends/guildmates because the info was taken from Blizzard's "Friends List," etc. and not restricted to only Carbonite users, but rather to help those of us who do use Carbonite. No biggie. I only asked if it was on your list.

05-04-14, 11:08 AM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by tbor View Post
I've been using carbonite, well, practically forever. The only time I've ever seen anyone shown on my map is if they too are using carbonite and have their privacy settings set to allow their position/etc made available, of course excluding bg's, groups, raids and the like.

Personally, I'd surmise that there are more important things to be done, this is a minor issue.
You've been using this addon "practically forever" and yet you've only joined this forum this month.. this year? (05-02-14 01:21 AM) Hmm?

You can "surmise" all you want about an issue which was important enough for me to post, but it's only your opinion, so I discount it since it was uncalled for and was a 'slight' against me.

The only thing I do agree with is when you said: "there are more important things to be done." Those things haven't been done, and there is NO information from Rythal as to whether or not he's doing them or going to do them.

Current status of his plans or progress remains a mystery, and has been that way for a very long time. And, to make things even worse... BlizzCon is coming up again! I "surmise" that we might lose his development again for another 6 months or even more.

05-04-14, 01:16 PM   #6
Tactica
Not Amused

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Yeah those options only work if the other people are also using Carbonite.
The same goes for the addon that tracks guildies.

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
You've been using this addon "practically forever" and yet you've only joined this forum this month.. this year? (05-02-14 01:21 AM) Hmm?
Most addon users don't sign up just to post and/or read.

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
You can "surmise" all you want about an issue which was important enough for me to post, but it's only your opinion, so I discount it since it was uncalled for and was a 'slight' against me.

The only thing I do agree with is when you said: "there are more important things to be done." Those things haven't been done, and there is NO information from Rythal as to whether or not he's doing them or going to do them.
Glancing over the support forums, seems like there is a lot of support. I do not use Carbonite therefore I am not much help when it comes to using it. The topic of this thread is related to showing people on the maps, thus I supply my answer:

I can surmise that if this were possible by simple means, i.e. not having to simultaneously run the addons) it would have already been incorporated into the code. Seeing as unless the other players are using the addon, they will not show on the maps. I am quite sure this is not possible.

Last edited by Tactica : 05-04-14 at 01:18 PM.

05-04-14, 01:44 PM   #7
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
HandyNotes and its guild plugin also only work if they have installed the AddOns because there is no way to learn the location of other people who are not in your direct party, instance, battleground, raid, group, etc.

The only way to know guild members "in the wild" is if all people involved use compatible AddOns.

05-05-14, 03:54 AM   #8
Kreelor
A Firelord

Topic question answered.

My question has been answered. Thank you all for your replies and comments. Finished.

06-04-14, 05:26 PM   #9
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
A long long time ago Carbonite did used to show Guildies on the map even if they didn't use Carbonite. That stopped working a few Expansions ago.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map: Show Friends/Guildmates in cities