03-21-09, 11:47 PM   #1
Runiker
A Kobold Labourer
Request: ninja looter reporter

Hello I was playing wow the other day (no not all my storys start this way) and somebody said too bad there is no way to make a list of people who ninja loot things so you don't invite them into partys ect. To myself i was thinking well i have seen addons do a lot more then that. So as i pondered i looked into it and found that if somebody took the time they could make an addon that did just that report ninja looters. I don't know much about addons but here is the gist of what i get from what they can do and what add ons use this now.

Cartographer - sends data to guild members when you do an action i presume it would not be that hard to change it from an action to a command to send information.

notes - i seen add ons that keep track of notes im sure that adding a name is close to notes and displaying them.

What i would like to see this add on do

Main needed features to work
-Be able to log a players name as a ninja
-Be able to give reason why they were marked
-Have a rank system (more times marked the higher the rank)
-Be able to send this information to party or guild using a command that syncs all people inside the party or guild who has addon (adds names they have and you dont to yours and names they dont to theres)
-Smart counter so that the same person can not keep marking one person over and over

some nice features if possible
-Be able to log the players name-race-class and other details by highlighting them then going over to the addon and click on the reason and poof its done no typing needed.
-Be able to log what they "stole"
-Be able to send a crossed whispers
-Send a warning to a user if they party with a said "loot stealer" and what rank they are at.
-Be able to select 1 row of data and send into any chat channel

If you feel you are up for the task feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
03-22-09, 12:34 AM   #2
SkunkWerks
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons like this have been tried and have failed miserably- for all the usual reasons that trying to "report" other people outside of what Blizzard's behavior guidelines say is unacceptable typically fails.

Good luck with your attempt.

Last edited by SkunkWerks : 03-22-09 at 01:21 AM.
03-22-09, 04:09 AM   #3
Faraque
A Theradrim Guardian

Bad Player does something close to this.
03-22-09, 05:06 AM   #4
Bangerz
A Fallenroot Satyr

There was even an addon that uploaded and downloaded a list of ninjas to/from a website.

What typically happens is not enough people use it, or people abuse it.
03-22-09, 05:29 AM   #5
Jatz
A Kobold Labourer
How would you limit reports to Ninja looters, and not players that were just disliked.
It could be a nasty way for a guild to get back at someone they were in dispute with. Under the terms of the just released Add on policy, I think Blizzard would have to take action

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: ninja looter reporter