01-14-15, 02:12 AM   #1
jlam
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Supporting Markdown for description & changelog

I'd like to request that Markdown support be added to the descriptions and changelogs when uploading a new file for an addon. This is mostly for convenience -- GitHub supports Markdown for the README file in the root of the repository and it's a convenient place to dump the description of a project. If I could just copy and paste its contents instead of maintaining a separate BBCode version of the same text, that would make maintaining my project on WoWInterface a bit easier.
01-14-15, 10:36 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This has been suggested a couple of times already, although it's been archived since.
01-14-15, 07:36 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Archived? A search shows 4 other threads in this forum when searching for "markdown". Three of which are from the past 4 months. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...archid=3396709
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-14-15, 08:32 PM   #4
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Archived? A search shows 4 other threads in this forum when searching for "markdown". Three of which are from the past 4 months. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...archid=3396709
I was going to say that they weren't displayed in the forum itself for some reason, but then I realised it was only showing threads from the last 2 months by default. I'm not used to having a time filter for forums.
01-15-15, 02:34 AM   #5
jlam
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Choonstertwo View Post
I was going to say that they weren't displayed in the forum itself for some reason, but then I realised it was only showing threads from the last 2 months by default. I'm not used to having a time filter for forums.
Ah, yes, that threw me as well. Sorry for the noise.
01-15-15, 10:46 AM   #6
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Choonstertwo View Post
I've been a member for like 8 years and I've never seen that...
01-15-15, 04:17 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Down at the bottom of the forum view: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=18
Under "Display Options"
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Supporting Markdown for description & changelog