07-22-16, 02:02 PM   #1
Serpentacus
A Murloc Raider
Quest Tracking Issue

Okay Let me start by stating, I love the way Carbonite handles several things that have become very useful to me, However, The Interface for the quest tracker and the Quest log i now prefer blizzard's standard tracker and quest log, the problem i'm running into is that when i use the blizzard standard quest tracker and quest log every time i turn in a quest carbonite auto untracks every single quest in my quest log. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this or if this is a glitch within the current build but am unable to figure it out.
07-22-16, 03:14 PM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
In the Settings (Carbonite - Quest Module) under the tab (Watch Options) there is a line that reads "Disable Blizzards Auto Quest Tracking".. Uncheck this and see if that helps..

Thrumbar

Originally Posted by Serpentacus View Post
Okay Let me start by stating, I love the way Carbonite handles several things that have become very useful to me, However, The Interface for the quest tracker and the Quest log i now prefer blizzard's standard tracker and quest log, the problem i'm running into is that when i use the blizzard standard quest tracker and quest log every time i turn in a quest carbonite auto untracks every single quest in my quest log. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this or if this is a glitch within the current build but am unable to figure it out.
07-22-16, 04:23 PM   #3
Serpentacus
A Murloc Raider
Yeah I tried that, disabled almost every button in every possible combination i could imagine.... spent 12 hours trying different configurations, the only thing that fixed it was removing the whole quest plugin, which, is the main plugin i care about, due to some of the tooltip and quest enhancements it gives for quest objectives, at the moment i've uninstalled the whole addon, maps and everything until a none beta format is available then i'll try agian.
07-22-16, 05:02 PM   #4
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah I tried that, disabled almost every button in every possible combination i could imagine.... spent 12 hours trying different configurations, the only thing that fixed it was removing the whole quest plugin, which, is the main plugin i care about, due to some of the tooltip and quest enhancements it gives for quest objectives, at the moment i've uninstalled the whole addon, maps and everything until a none beta format is available then i'll try agian.
What types of enhancements are you looking for? I'm thinking about some questing addons and would like some input as to what people think is useful. This will have nothing to do with the mapping system of Carbonite, but more along the lines of quest tracking, tooltips, etc.
07-22-16, 08:45 PM   #5
Serpentacus
A Murloc Raider
the main thing i'm looking for is better tooltips, standard blizzard tooltips don't show on mobs that 'drop' items for a quest only on mobs that have to be killed for a quest, the arrow pointing to the current quest is a useful tool as well but i cannot get it to work on any other similar thing, tomtom or the like doesn't seem to like me, of course i cannot use the standard blizzard quest tracker to point the way to a particular quest either so thats problematic, honestly, I wouldn't mind a 'lite' version of the carbonite quests. one that allowed for quest tooltips, and carbonite map tracking, but utilized the standard blizzard tracker and quest log, unless enhancements are made to the current carbonite quest log and tracker it seems.... inferior to what blizzard has done with their logs and trackers at this point. but this is just my opinion.
07-23-16, 09:30 AM   #6
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the main thing i'm looking for is better tooltips, standard blizzard tooltips don't show on mobs that 'drop' items for a quest only on mobs that have to be killed for a quest, the arrow pointing to the current quest is a useful tool as well but i cannot get it to work on any other similar thing, tomtom or the like doesn't seem to like me, of course i cannot use the standard blizzard quest tracker to point the way to a particular quest either so thats problematic, honestly, I wouldn't mind a 'lite' version of the carbonite quests. one that allowed for quest tooltips, and carbonite map tracking, but utilized the standard blizzard tracker and quest log, unless enhancements are made to the current carbonite quest log and tracker it seems.... inferior to what blizzard has done with their logs and trackers at this point. but this is just my opinion.
The addon Wholly adds information to the tooltips about items a mob drops to start a quest, as well as putting pins on the map for those mobs as well. This should include both the normal Blizzard map as well as Carbonite maps. However, to run Wholly you need to also have the add Grail which provides the tons of quest information. I have always used TomTom in preference for pointing to things (other than the built-in Blizzard pointer).
07-23-16, 10:17 AM   #7
Serpentacus
A Murloc Raider
yeah Not sure why tomtom doesn't work for me properly i probably just need to fiddle with the settings things tend to screw up and not work for me right.... i swear i'm a walking programing code scrambler... but i will give a try to what you suggested and see if that works for me but i'll still keep an eye out on carbonite been using it close to 7 years sooooo kind of a fan of it.
07-23-16, 01:59 PM   #8
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

yeah Not sure why tomtom doesn't work for me properly i probably just need to fiddle with the settings things tend to screw up and not work for me right.... i swear i'm a walking programing code scrambler... but i will give a try to what you suggested and see if that works for me but i'll still keep an eye out on carbonite been using it close to 7 years sooooo kind of a fan of it.
If you are running TomTom with Carbonite, you'll have to disable TomTom emulation in the tracking hud section of Carbonite's options.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Quest Tracking Issue