06-12-10, 10:10 PM   #1
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Stupid text in the middle of my screen

I've posted about this before, but nothing I try works. I have this stupid green text in the middle of my screen when I get Missile Barrage proc'd on my mage. As frost, Fireball! is spammed in the center. My warrior has the same problem with Sword and Board. Here are my options for combat text (I don't use a combat text mod):

Anyone know what is causing this irritating text?

PLEASE HELP X_X
06-12-10, 10:26 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try unchecking the floating combat text It's probably a forced inclusion to that as procs isn't an option it seems as the aura option isn't ticked so that must be for non procced auras or the more long term ones.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
06-12-10, 10:27 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Though you have all of the types unchecked, I notice that you do still have "Enable My Floating Combat Text" enabled. Try turning it all the way off.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-12-10, 10:31 PM   #4
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Though you have all of the types unchecked, I notice that you do still have "Enable My Floating Combat Text" enabled. Try turning it all the way off.
Unchecking it hides the normal combat text (damage) that is important. Is there a workaround, or is a mod required?

EDIT: Also, I downloaded the addon MoveAnything to see if I could locate the text that was responsible. After browsing through every single little checkbox, no cigar.
06-12-10, 10:32 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah, I suppose it would... But what you are seeing is coming from the default FCT. The only way to get rid of it, that I am aware of, is to use a replacement combat text addon.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-12-10, 10:43 PM   #6
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Ah, I suppose it would... But what you are seeing is coming from the default FCT. The only way to get rid of it, that I am aware of, is to use a replacement combat text addon.
Darn. SCT and MSBT and Parrot are the only ones I know of, and they change the text to appear in another location. Is there a mod that still has the yellow text above the mob's head? It's nice to know what you are hitting with your spells, and it's fun to watch numbers fly when you AoE
06-13-10, 12:06 AM   #7
Nananea
A Defias Bandit
SCT keeps your yellow text unless you use SCT Damage

I believe you can allow the yellow text with MSBT and Parrot as well, but SCT I know for sure.
06-13-10, 12:17 AM   #8
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

try /framestack
06-13-10, 02:42 AM   #9
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Nananea View Post
SCT keeps your yellow text unless you use SCT Damage

I believe you can allow the yellow text with MSBT and Parrot as well, but SCT I know for sure.
Yes, MSBT allows the default "yellow text" for sure as well...by default.
06-13-10, 04:14 AM   #10
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Politig View Post
Unchecking it hides the normal combat text (damage) that is important. Is there a workaround, or is a mod required?
If unchecking "Enable Floating Combat Text" hides the damage then I suggest you repair your game or check that some addon isn't interfering as It shouldn't be hidden.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	damage.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	4395  

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 06-13-10 at 05:02 AM.
06-13-10, 08:11 AM   #11
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by v6o View Post
If unchecking "Enable Floating Combat Text" hides the damage then I suggest you repair your game or check that some addon isn't interfering as It shouldn't be hidden.
DOH! I love you. But unchecking it also hides the purple/red text you see when you get hit. That's important too :\

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Stupid text in the middle of my screen