01-17-11, 02:14 PM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

where is the old recount??

edit - sry about title, im speaking about gearscore not recount

where is the old gearscore or a addon like this? the new recount is stupid. I just want, like before, to see directly and fast, when i put the mouse over a player, his gear score.

Last edited by xromania™ : 01-18-11 at 01:52 PM.

01-17-11, 03:24 PM   #2
Rosalyne
A Defias Bandit
Maybe try the addon Gearscore? Recount never had anything to do with a player's gearscore.

01-17-11, 06:29 PM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Myeah, Recount is as Recount always has been.

B'sides, Gearscore is utterly pointless now. In Wrath there might have been some reason to use it, sure, but in Cata it's skill that conquers content, not gear. Until Gearscore comes out with some kind of measure on skill rather than just what items the player might've bought, it's completely worthless as a benchmark of any kind.

01-17-11, 08:11 PM   #4
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
At one point recount did support a "gear Score" report window as well as a report based on dps or heals vs the persons gearscore. I am not sure if this was included in recount or gearscore.

I know that the above information is not what the OP is looking for but figured it was worth mentioning.

01-17-11, 08:36 PM   #5
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Myeah, Recount is as Recount always has been.

B'sides, Gearscore is utterly pointless now. In Wrath there might have been some reason to use it, sure, but in Cata it's skill that conquers content, not gear. Until Gearscore comes out with some kind of measure on skill rather than just what items the player might've bought, it's completely worthless as a benchmark of any kind.
Really ? It lists every single enchants they have , whether they are missing a belt buckle, where they are missing enchants, have ungemmed items, or are wearing tank items in dps spec ( vice versa ) . I can also flag their enchants as -1 so other people can see their wrong enchants. I can also see estimated difficulty for t11 raids , heroics , normals and all their past history with any raid dating back to EARLY WotLK down to the exact number. I can also switch to PvP GS where I can see if they are missing pvp gear, and how many more pieces of PvP gear they need to get . I can also see their primary stats and how much of each they have . I can ALSO scan the whole raid at once to see who is gemmed / enchanted wrong and is holding us back. It also has multiple modules to enable / disable to decrease addon usage . Did I mention it shows new articles / news / changes and also links to their online profile ?

tl;dr Don't call an addon utterly useless. Your opinion is exactly that, yours . Just because you don't find something useful doesn't mean that addon is also useless to everyone else

EDIT : To the OP, uncheck EVERY box in the options menu except "Enable Quick Scan Feature". Just target the player u want, and it will have their GS in your tooltip

01-17-11, 09:06 PM   #6
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Poreo View Post
[...]
I can ALSO scan the whole raid at once to see who is gemmed / enchanted wrong and is holding us back.
Nice! I stopped using Gearscore in favor of Elitist Group, because of the enchants/gems.

I don't know when/how they're going to implement a "skill" score, but I'm gonna embrace Gearscore again

01-17-11, 09:21 PM   #7
Poreo
There will never be an addon that shows skill, at least I don't think so. The user of any addon has to have good judgement and be able to intepret numbers correctly, and there lies the abuse of addons like gearscore and even recount for that matter . See what I did there ?

01-18-11, 02:18 AM   #8
red8981
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
the one you talking about is called "the old gearscore"
there is still this addon "gearscore", however it gives a player score and the average item score. it just simply changed to something that has nothing to do with gearscore. it is like an addon with some gear suggestion and player's experiences.
and of course, if you can understand that. Go download it, and try it out. it's cool anyways. Gearscore

01-18-11, 05:12 AM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Don't call an addon utterly useless. Your opinion is exactly that, yours .
Indeed it is. It was my belief that was obvious enough to not have to be explicitly stated.

It is completely and utterly useless to me, seeing as how I don't pug raids. I go in with people I know, and people who know what they're doing. In fact, I'm their raid officer, so I keep track on exactly what they're enchanting with and what gems they're using, and the day one of them forgets about an enchant or a gem I'm there with a friendly nudge. Another advantage of raiding with people you trust is that you know what kind of raids they can handle. No need to use fancy tools to determine that for you, you just have to use your noggin'.

TL;DR: I, and I reckon most people with me, have a raid group that doesn't pug, and as such don't need addons to tell us the people we trust are ready.

01-18-11, 01:56 PM   #10
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

so the answer is there is not a addon who can show fast when u put the mouse over a player his gs?

and why u say gs is uselles in cata and now is about skills? i dont get it exactly. Still gear matter and i dont see what is different in cata. U think now all have almost same gs or any noob can have high stuff fast now or what?

again i dont undersant how there are thousand addons and no one about most important things in the game - the gearscore, so we know who is around.. same about bars for example, only macaroon is have all things about bars but only one addon about skill bars?

again no addon about dungeons. I want in a dungeon before the boss to see ingame the tactics. Is hard to make a addon like that? DBM isnt good

Last edited by xromania™ : 01-18-11 at 02:00 PM.

01-18-11, 01:58 PM   #11
Poreo
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
so the answer is there is not a addon who can show fast when u put the mouse over a player his gs?

and why u say gs is uselles in cata and now is about skills? i dont get it exactly. Still gear matter and i dont see what is different in cata. U think now all have almost same gs or any noob can have high stuff fast now or what?
Ignore the people, download the gearscore here on wowinterface and disable everything except quick scan. It should work just like the old gearscore now

01-18-11, 03:39 PM   #12
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
U think now all have almost same gs or any noob can have high stuff fast now or what?
That's exactly how it is. WotLK dungeons and raids were "steamrollable", as the expression goes, and were in fact far too easy due to not requiring much, if any, knowledge of tactics and/or your class. This has been confirmed by Blizzard employees. Cataclysm, however, is hard. Even Ghostcrawler says this. Cataclysm dungeons and raids aren't "steamrollable" any more. If people stand in the fire, the raid will wipe. If people get hit by a Lava Parasite, the raid will wipe. If someone doesn't know how to properly use their crowd control abilities, the raid could wipe. Anyone can buy two hundred thousand gold from chinese gold farmers to buy full ilvl 359 epics on the AH and strut around saying "i haz epix nd ovr 9k gs, inv plox", but the truth of the matter is, a players who knows their class and their tactics in half-346, half-333 gear will be more contributing to the raid.

01-18-11, 03:47 PM   #13
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

We have gotten slightly off topic from the OP's original question.

As poreo had said download the gearscore addon and disable all the "Fluff" options. This will enable just the mouse hover over tooltip display of people's gearscore and avg ilevel.

There is also http://www.wowinterface.com/download...19029-AiL.html This will show just the Avg Item level of the player.

Have a good day.

01-18-11, 08:19 PM   #14
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Also, if you're using GearScore 4.x, you can enable the "Quick-Scan" mode, which adds their gearscore to the tooltip. Just a note. :P

01-18-11, 11:19 PM   #15
psycedelic
A Defias Bandit
Fps/cpu

Really ? It lists every single enchants they have , whether they are missing a belt buckle, where they are missing enchants, have ungemmed items, or are wearing tank items in dps spec ( vice versa ) . I can also flag their enchants as -1 so other people can see their wrong enchants. I can also see estimated difficulty for t11 raids , heroics , normals and all their past history with any raid dating back to EARLY WotLK down to the exact number. I can also switch to PvP GS where I can see if they are missing pvp gear, and how many more pieces of PvP gear they need to get . I can also see their primary stats and how much of each they have . I can ALSO scan the whole raid at once to see who is gemmed / enchanted wrong and is holding us back. It also has multiple modules to enable / disable to decrease addon usage . Did I mention it shows new articles / news / changes and also links to their online profile ?

tl;dr Don't call an addon utterly useless. Your opinion is exactly that, yours . Just because you don't find something useful doesn't mean that addon is also useless to everyone else

EDIT : To the OP, uncheck EVERY box in the options menu except "Enable Quick Scan Feature". Just target the player u want, and it will have their GS in your tooltip
Before you used playerscore your computer/hdd/cpu was in chillmode and you had 200 fps in wow, after you installed playerscore you dropped down like a stone to 20fps with zoomed in view looking down in the ground.

so much unessaery crap in playerscore

If you wanna pug go with ppls you pugged before with ;D

01-19-11, 01:09 AM   #16
Mirrikat45
A Murloc Raider

Ignore the people, download the gearscore here on wowinterface and disable everything except quick scan. It should work just like the old gearscore now
And now twice as fast!

01-19-11, 02:45 AM   #17
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

A great alternative to the now non-open-source GearScore/PlayerScore: YAGRA.

YAGRA uses less CPU/memory (with comparable features turned on) & provides similar scores to GS. It also (optionally) provides scores that more accurately reflect Cataclysm item levels; something GS has yet to do.

Last edited by Zidomo : 01-19-11 at 07:25 AM.

01-19-11, 03:00 PM   #18
Mirrikat45
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Zidomo View Post
It also (optionally) provides scores that more accurately reflect Cataclysm item levels; something GS has yet to do.
This is incorrect.

01-19-11, 06:18 PM   #19
Poreo
This thread needs to get locked

01-19-11, 06:53 PM   #20
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

This thread needs to get locked
Seeing as how the OP's question has been answered (several times) I agree. If people want to discuss the virtues vs. downsides of gearscore you can start yet another debate on the Official Forums.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » where is the old recount??