12-17-08, 11:59 AM   #1
cfichter
A Murloc Raider
Cartographer - screw image over tracker???

I've tried deleting all cartographer files including saved variables and reinstalled, but cartographer is placing a mini-map icon with a screw image over my tracking icon so I can't see what I have selected for tracking.

I love cartographer for the transperency on the map to reduce real estate on the screen, but this screw thing is really annoying.

Is there anyway to get rid of it?

thx
12-17-08, 12:05 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by cfichter View Post
I've tried deleting all cartographer files including saved variables and reinstalled, but cartographer is placing a mini-map icon with a screw image over my tracking icon so I can't see what I have selected for tracking.

I love cartographer for the transperency on the map to reduce real estate on the screen, but this screw thing is really annoying.

Is there anyway to get rid of it?

thx
That icon is the "AddOns Preferences" button also known as the "Rock" button as that is placed there by the Rock libraries. Just click on the "screw" button to access the AddOns Preferences options menu. If you don't see the menu (but rather the Cartographer or another Rock based mod's menu), then just select "AddOn Preferences" from the drop down menu. Then you can unlock the button to move it or select the option to hide the MiniMap button.

Alternately, you can use the command /rock to access that menu.
12-17-08, 12:32 PM   #3
cfichter
A Murloc Raider
No menu option, no pull down. When I right or left click on the screw, it just shows all the tracking options. When I hit escape and look in "interface", Add on pref or anything like it is not loaded. I don't have any fu or anything loaded.

12-17-08, 12:42 PM   #4
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
type "/rock"
12-17-08, 01:40 PM   #5
cfichter
A Murloc Raider
Wow. I typed /rock and it brought up an interface, I selected to remove the minimap icon - and then wierdness. Interface closed but icon stayed up. Whenever I tried to type /rock again, I could not hit enter to process (didn't respond to command). I shut client down (complete not just log off) and logged in again. Icon still there, typing /rock brings up interface with "Add on preferences" showing but only available option is a slider bar to change the size of the preferences window.

This sucks supremely.
12-17-08, 02:10 PM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by cfichter View Post
I
To be quite honest, Cartographer (and most of the Rock based mods) are getting a bit long in the tooth (as in, they are getting old and not aging gracefully).

If you don't use Cartographer for more than the "transparency" then you may want to take a look at an alternate map mod. I highly recommend Mapster. pMap is another good one to look at, there are plenty more like that.

If you use only Cartographer and no other Rock based mods (Chinchilla, Pitbull, Parrot), then I would highly recommend dumping Cartographer. It was a great mod in its day, however times have changed and the code has not.
12-17-08, 02:11 PM   #7
cfichter
A Murloc Raider
thx
yep, was thinking going back to mapster. I had it but wanted the transparency. Guess it's a compromise either way, and the screw is more annoying than not having transparency -

thx anyhoot
12-17-08, 04:09 PM   #8
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I use Cartographer and have no problems. I got the latest release at Curse.
12-18-08, 06:42 PM   #9
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

another alternative solution would be using something like Minimap Button Frame to customize all your minimap buttons, then nothing should overlap.
12-18-08, 07:17 PM   #10
sensory
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mapster has the transparency you speak of.

But yes, remove Rock completely from your Addons folder if it's there. Personally I stopped using those addons around the time when Rock came along.. they ended up with far too many features, straying from the clean minimal addons they once were, and thereby becoming bloated and resource intensive.
12-18-08, 08:37 PM   #11
Somnifer
A Defias Bandit
are you sure it's Cartographer or Rock that's putting that screw icon over the tracker? I had the same thing happen and found it was Automaton's minimap button

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Cartographer - screw image over tracker???