09-19-05, 02:09 PM   #1
Vel
A Murloc Raider
Auto switch to 1hander + shield if a caster class is targeted?

I'm wondering is there ANY way to make an addon or macro so that if, as a warrior, or any class really, if you target a mob that is a caster class, you can automatically switch to 1h+ shield?

God that would be fantab'. I'm kind of sick of while clearing mobs, having to click sword and shield if i see a caster so I can shield bash them, then switch back to 2 hander.
09-19-05, 05:17 PM   #2
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
it may be possible but I'm really not sure, I heard something about reactive macros along time ago .... not sure the details really.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
09-19-05, 08:49 PM   #3
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Two ways. Both require CapnBry's WeaponQuickSwap at http://capnbry.net/wow/

Method 1: If you grab CapnBry's WeaponQuickSwap (near bottom of http://capnbry.net/wow/ ) you can make a macro like this:

/script local o,t=GetInventoryItemLink("player",17),"target" if UnitExists(t) and UnitPowerType(t)==0 and not o then WeaponSwap("Looming Gavel","Crest of Darkshire") elseif o then WeaponSwap("Whirlwind Axe") end
/cast Shield Bash

Change the bits in bold to your weapons/shield. Then use this macro in place of Shield Bash. You can change /cast Shield Bash to /cast Sunder Armor or even /cast Heroic Strike and use in place of those abilities instead.

Due to the cooldown, if it has to do a weapon swap it won't perform the "cast" right away, so you'll need to hit the button again to actually shield bash if a swap occurs. You may find it better to use Heroic Strike instead of Shield Bash, so you can swap back to 2h once you're on a non-caster target.

Method 2: I was going to copy-paste a small set of files but I kinda fleshed the mod out. When it's approved download AutoShieldSwap. It will do exactly what you're asking.

/autoshieldswap [normal main] [normal off] [caster main] [cast off]

will create two sets of weapons. When you target an enemy caster it will use the caster set. When you target an enemy non-caster it will use the normal set.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Auto switch to 1hander + shield if a caster class is targeted?