08-31-05, 08:57 AM   #1
gammatrus
A Kobold Labourer
Button que?

I've searched around for a little bit on this site and google, and have not found any helpful information.

Would it be possible to add a que system to your buttons? (i.e. Cast a spell, and click another one. After the first spell is cast, the second one is cast immediately after.)

I know it is possible to do it with the macro function of casting specific spells, but I was wondering if it would be possible to create a more versitile method, that doesn't set specific spells in line.

It's possible that this is already out there and I've missed it, or it's just not possible.

Thanks,
Gamma
08-31-05, 10:33 AM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's a neat idea and easily doable except for the "immediately after" bit. (Along with each cast requires a keypress, you can't "store up" keypresses for future spells. CoH had that and it rocked. Would be cool if WoW did too.)

But you could definitely have one button cast the next spell in the queue like CastAway while others add spells to the queue.

To flesh the idea out some:
- I'd make shift or alt required to queue a spell. That way if you're setting up a queue and someone jumps you, you can vanish or frost nova without putting it in the queue.
- You can hook UseAction to see which spells are being used. This can be limited to spells but it'd be kinda neat to queue up items also.
- The UI bit could be a small bar showing a list of actions in the queue. GetActionTexture would get the icon.
- A button on the UI and a key binding could clear the queue.
- Shift/alt+clicking the action in the queue could remove it.
- A "Repeat" vs "Play Once" option, so you can set up a queue to use often, that reverts to the start after a period of inactivity, or a one-time queue for a specific purpose.

That'd be a great first xml project if anyone is learning xml.

Last edited by Gello : 08-31-05 at 10:35 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Button que?