08-30-05, 09:53 AM   #1
Lokwinano
A Defias Bandit
Interface for the 2-boxer

For those of us who play two accounts concurrently on two computers, it would be great to have something to work with, especially for the tank/healer or tank/mage combo. Something where sending a tell (hopefully by hitting a button) one could get the second box (healer or mage) to send a heal or start assisting and damaging the main or primary box.

I can write basic macros, but totally lack the skill to do something like this. Does it exist?

Lokwinano
08-30-05, 01:00 PM   #2
Ulukek
A Murloc Raider
I think this is what you're looking for. I've never used it so I don't know how well it works.
09-04-05, 12:20 AM   #3
Lokwinano
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Ulukek
I think this is what you're looking for. I've never used it so I don't know how well it works.
It's extremely close. In fact, it would be perfect if the spell types in question were healing types or damage types. Something customizable. I typically dual box a rogue/priest, where I would want to send a whisper to the priest (heal me!), or a Pally/Mage where I would want to whisper to the mage, attack this.

But thanks so much for the input on the other, it will be a good one for my druid main.
09-04-05, 06:54 AM   #4
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
a friend asked me to investigate this when wow first came out. The fact is, what you are looking for can be done in a limited form by what someone previously linked here, but not much further. The problem is that ALL spell casts must be accompanied by a hardware event. In other words, a mouse click or keyboard click. Hitting a macro counts as a hardware event because you are hitting a keyboard or mouse button to activate the macro.

If you attempted to cast a spell from a scripted event, it would appear to work, but would actually do nothing (the spell would never actually be cast). It simply fails with no errors if you do not send a hardware event with the cast script...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Interface for the 2-boxer