07-13-05, 11:16 PM   #1
Nebolith
A Defias Bandit
Talking AutoClam (or Box)

Anyone know of a mod which will automatically open clams when you get them?
I spend a lot of time looking for golden pearls and every time i get a clam, i have to open up my bag, find the damn clam (because my inventory is usually full), right click the clam, and loot it...

It would be nice if the clam autoopened or even had an option to autoloot it.
07-13-05, 11:20 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Not possible. An option you could consider, though, would be to put a clam on your hotbar. With the new "sticky items" that got put into game this patch, if you put something on a hotbutton then "run out of" it, it'll remember it, so that the next time you get any of the same thing, it will automatically show up on the bar again, even though it may not be in the same place in your bags. With it on your hotbar, it'd be easy to just click it and loot, without having to go searching through your bags ...
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-14-05, 03:19 AM   #3
Nebolith
A Defias Bandit
Great thank you...

I wasn't sure if the sticky slot was a 'feature' or a bug.
08-25-05, 05:39 AM   #4
johnbuns2
A Murloc Raider
Clams and chests won't go in hotbar :(

Clams and chests won't go in the hotbar... maybe because of the new patch? Or is there a solution to this?
08-28-05, 01:59 PM   #5
johnbuns2
A Murloc Raider
Crappy solution.

I came up with a lame solution. Get an Addon like AutoBag or AdvancedBags, something like that. Those will automatically move the clams into a bag of your choice. Then you can have an AutoIt program running with script similar to this:

EDIT- Deleted

Now here's the dorky part. You can call this by having the AutoIt loop monitoring your keybinding file in

EDIT- Deleted

Now go to whatever addon you're using. Be it AutoBag or Advanced Bag Plus and throw in one of these in the appropriate place I like to use a hex value to represent how many slots, up to 16:

EDIT- Deleted

The .wtf file is updated as soon as you throw that command, and autoit picks up the change, and runs whatever routine you have programmed. In the routine i wrote above it goes through and systematically shiftclicks every slot in the bag. (But it gets the coordinates from MyFile.ini which I make with a Coordinate Builder Program i made.)

Longwinded, unprofessional, newbish. But it works. Clams loot themselves.

Last edited by johnbuns2 : 08-29-05 at 06:00 AM. Reason: 3rd party programs are illegal.
08-28-05, 02:57 PM   #6
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Umm, 3rd party programs will get you banned.
08-29-05, 05:56 AM   #7
johnbuns2
A Murloc Raider
Doh!

My bad! Deleting script now. Thanx Devla. =D
08-29-05, 01:42 PM   #8
darkforce898
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
download and use autobar and set it up so that they go into it, i think it will work...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » AutoClam (or Box)