01-24-10, 02:20 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 1/24: BreadCrumbs, LFDAutoJoin, and Target For Me (all new)

BreadCrumbs:

Do you ever get turned around and forget which way you came from and/or which way you were going? Perhaps this happened to you while questing or farming. Never be confused again! BreadCrumbs will create a trail on your minimap, showing which way you've come from.

Check it out yourself, or try it with something like Routes! Download located here.

LFDAutoJoin:

I believe that the "image" above states the purpose of this mod quite well. LFDAutoJoin will auto accept/join a group when the dungeon popup appears. When doing so, it will play an optional/configurable, loud sound alerting you of the fact. You may choose to have the sound play always or only when your character is marked as AFK. If you auto-join while AFK, the addon will print a message that you will be back shortly. Now, you can alt-tab to look at Wowhead, read forums, or look at Dark Legacy comics. Or you can play catch with your dog before ignoring it during your dungeon run. Make a trip to the bathroom so you don't need to take a break for it later. Grab a snack. Watch TV. etc.

It is important to note that this addon should not be abused. Please don't join the queue and then go out for a walk, make a trip to the store, or have no intention of returning in a timely fashion. This will only serve you to get a bad reputation, and get the ability to auto-join dungeons removed from the game.

This addon may be downloaded here.

Target For Me:

This addon creates a macro for targeting which is automatically updated based on which boss you are currently at. You must target the boss before entering combat in order for the macro to be adjusted, as addons cannot change macros while in combat. For example, if you are at Lord Marrowgar in ICC, your macro will look like the one in the screenshot above. Using the macro will attempt to target a Bone Spike. If one does not exist, or is dead, then you will select Lord Marrowgar as your target.

To see a list of currently supported fights, check out the addon's download page.

For previous Picks of the Week, see here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to WoWInterface, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 01-24-10 at 08:24 PM.
01-24-10, 03:53 PM   #2
Amethyst
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yay, my first pick of the week mod! Thanks!
01-24-10, 07:50 PM   #3
Zenh
A Murloc Raider

The addon has a setting to allow or not the ability to auto-join when your character is marked as AFK.
This "feature" doesn't actually exist, it was suggested in the comments though. ;-) LFDAutoJoin will join you AFK or not. However, there is an option to play the LFD-ready custom sound file only when AFK.

Appreciate the pick. =)
01-24-10, 08:22 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oops fixing now
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-25-10, 09:12 AM   #5
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
Exclamation

Hehe first addon on here and pick of the week! :-) Guess I should upload the newest version! LOL If you get to it before the new version goes up it's already on curse.com (even though they suck and won't fix the search which makes it next to imposible to find BreadCrumbs!!!!)

Thanks for the pick. Hope it helps you as much as it has me since I made it! :-)

Zas
10-20-11, 02:33 PM   #6
spiralofhope
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Too bad about LFDAutoJoin being broken. Interesting functionality protected again. =/

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 1/24: BreadCrumbs, LFDAutoJoin, and Target For Me (all new)