03-15-09, 03:36 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 3/15: hud (new) & PetShop (new)

hud:

Click to view larger.

This is a new heads up display (HUD) on the market, and, as such, is not completed yet. But I'm putting it here for you all to keep an eye on it, as it looks very promising. It has a futuristic look to it, and uses animations to help display information - very cool. Videos showing it in action are linked in its description. The full-circle may not be appealing to all, but transparency (alpha) is customizable, and, as already mentioned, it's not finished quite yet - so more options can come in the future.

You can watch the videos and aid in beta testing here.

PetShop:

Have you ever come across a pet on the auction house or at a vendor, and forget if it was your druid alt or your hunter that did not have it yet? Are you a collector/completionist that wished to have every pet on every character? How about just working towards those pet achievements on one toon, but not another? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then PetShop may be for you. It stores a database of which pets your characters already know, and then displays that information in the tooltip for that pet at the vendor/auction house.

Get it yourself on its download page.

For previous Picks of the Week, see here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to WoWInterface, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 03-22-09 at 07:50 PM.
09-27-09, 07:25 PM   #2
gbbaker
A Murloc Raider
Transparency is key IMO. I already have enough things blocking my vision hindering my ability to play on this "slow, non graphics card computer" so I don't need the ui to add to the noise. I tried this and liked it except for its not transparency as default, should be 50% transparent as default and actually should be an optional choice when people buy the game just as burning crusade expansion should no longer be an expansion but included in the basic game.
Summary: Good job should be an option when people buy the game. Many people will chose this ui just make it 50% transparent by default.

Last edited by gbbaker : 09-27-09 at 07:28 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 3/15: hud (new) & PetShop (new)