04-06-08, 07:13 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 4/6: Panda (new)

Panda is a mod that Tekkub started talking about a long time ago and I had since forgotten about. Well, it was finally released to wowi, and here's the scoop on it.

Panda:

<no picture, cause tek doesn't believe in 'em So here's my own>

Panda (Prospecting and Disenchanting Aide) is a mod to help you auto-loot when disenchanting and prospecting. Sure, you could just enable Auto Loot in your Interface Options, but most people (myself included) prefer to leave that option off. But using the auto-loot modifier key (shift, for example) only works for the first DE or Prospect. So, visions of pandas started dancing around in tekkub's brain.

Since then, a couple of other features have taken form in the mod. It also helps auto-loot when cutting gems and will gather price information from AuctioneerAdvanced for gems, dusts, and other mats.

Read more about Panda here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to our site, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-06-08, 08:33 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nice addon ... just grabbed it earlier.

Love the easy disenchanting. No more clicking Disenchant and then clicking item to disenchant.

You open this addon (strangely through option house .. ) and select the disenchant tab. Then click your item you want to disenchant. Same goes for prospecting as well.

Been looking for a mod like this forever.

Thanks Tekkub.
04-06-08, 10:57 PM   #3
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Some clearification is in order...

First up, Panda was conceived due to my roommate having me DE tons of **** for him. Got sick of finding things in my bag, wanted a speedy solution.

Naturally, the second step was fixing the autoloot bug. This only functions if you have auto-loot turned on, as far as I'm aware shift-click DE works fine. But what fool doesn't turn that on anyway? There's no real reason not to.

Then of course, came prospecting. I put the panel in without any real testing, never fleshed out the result probabilities because I found it much simpler to just hit up Wowhead to find the right ore to crush. Tho click-crushing works, I've since found that all one ever really crushes is adaman, for which I just made a simple macro. So that panel is basically dead, I doubt I'll ever flesh it out with probabilities.

And then the last bit, gem cutting. When mass-cutting I found the default craft frame woefully inadequate... so I made a panel with all the green and blue cuts available for super-fast click cutting. Recently I added a epic cut panel as well, since these cuts are now easy to get.

Before you ask, Panda is beta and probably always will be. It does everything I need, so I don't really work on it, but it doesn't do everything I think it should, nor have any real options, so I don't think it is complete and release quality.
04-07-08, 09:50 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
First up, Panda was conceived due to my roommate having me DE tons of **** for him. Got sick of finding things in my bag, wanted a speedy solution.
Ah yes, forgot about that part.

And, I have to say, I love the gem cut panel. I'm not a jewelcrafter, but I can now see all gems without going to wowhead.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 4/6: Panda (new)