03-17-08, 08:36 AM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 3/16: Wow! 3 new mods!

Wow, there were quite a few great mods uploaded to the site this week! I felt it very difficult to pick just one, so I'm going to do a quick blurb about THREE! o.O

Group O Matic

This addon looks both quite promising and interesting. It's a tool for raid leaders to aid in moving people around in groups. Moving people can be done with slash commands (moving someone to a group number, or swapping two people) or automatically by the addon. You can also save a raid setup to restore it later (say you swap a couple people for one fight, then want to restore the raid to the setup it had before) and create templates for boss fights, dungeons, etc. that you can apply.

You can read more and download it here.

FlashFind

There are some people who just love the default bags. Some like the art, some like using the separate bags as a categorizing system, etc. But sometimes you just can't find what you're looking for. That's where this mod can help. Using it's slash-command, you can find anything in your bags (and bank, if you have it open). Say you have 10 stacks of different kinds of dust in your inventory, and you're looking for Dream Dust - but you don't remember what color it is. Typing /find dream dust (or even just /find dream) will automatically open whatever bag that dust is in and flash the icon for you so you see it.

For more info and a download, click here.

Chinchilla

Finally, there's Chinchilla. While there are TONS of minimap mods around, this one has extra little features that make me love it. For example: minimap buttons (the default ones like Tracking, bg, etc) can be detached from the minimap and moved wherever you want. Different styles of minimap blips (the icons that show on your minimap for party, quests, etc) are included to choose from. There are tons of border options, including a really cute one with Chinchillas (pro-tip from ckknight - switch it to rotating minimap while using the round chinchilla border and turn your character to the right ). You can even create your own blip and border textures.

Find out more about its many features and download it here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to our site, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-17-08, 09:33 AM   #2
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am really happy with Chinchilla which I started to use 2 or 3 weeks ago after randomly running into it wandering WoWAce forums. I was looking to find a replacement for RicoMiniMap and it came just at the right time I guess. Just like CowTip for tooltips, watch it become one of the major addons for the minimap.

And of course there is always the funny crazed side to it.
I mean "Chinchilla", wth?
ckknight: "Chinchilla - Minimap addon of awesomeness. *chewing sound*. It'll nibble your hay pellets."
How can you not try that lol

Last edited by Kaomie : 03-17-08 at 09:49 AM.
03-17-08, 11:00 AM   #3
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kaomie View Post
I am really happy with Chinchilla which I started to use 2 or 3 weeks ago after randomly running into it wandering WoWAce forums. I was looking to find a replacement for RicoMiniMap and it came just at the right time I guess. Just like CowTip for tooltips, watch it become one of the major addons for the minimap.

And of course there is always the funny crazed side to it.
I mean "Chinchilla", wth?
ckknight: "Chinchilla - Minimap addon of awesomeness. *chewing sound*. It'll nibble your hay pellets."
How can you not try that lol

That chinchilla in the pic is sooooooo cute!
03-17-08, 11:49 AM   #4
robthedude
Don't Panic

Okay, you convinced me to give Chinchilla a go, and it's gorgeous!
That ckknight can do no wrong!
Especially love that I can change the tracking icons, I'll definately be editing those to something custom *happy!*

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 3/16: Wow! 3 new mods!