08-12-18, 01:51 PM   #1
CedricDur
A Fallenroot Satyr
Carbonite Minimap loses zoom when exiting indoors.

It's a very recent thing. Whatever zoom I have the minimap at it loses it when I exit an indoor place and I need to zoom back, but it happens again the next time. There are no LUA errors.

I've done the usual deleting of variables, cache and reinstalling the alpha.

https://imgur.com/a/jt0gLkR
08-12-18, 02:24 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just out of curiosity - have you right clicked on the minimized map and chose the "Save scale" option in the pop-up menu?

I have to apologise here as it's been two years since I played WoW, and it's looking like I won't ever have the chance to play again.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
08-12-18, 03:12 PM   #3
CedricDur
A Fallenroot Satyr
I did, yes. And the lost zoom is easily fixed by right clicking and choosing 'restore map scale'. But, we come in and out of indoor places a -lot- and the minimap is close to useless when zoomed in so close.

The 'indoors' has to be a cave of sorts though, it does not happen if we just enter a house. The indoors docking map needs to appear.
08-12-18, 09:14 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm still curious - why do you have the Blizzard minimap "docking"? That could actually be causing your problem.

I remember having the same trouble with the minimized map about three years ago (it could be longer ago, but my memory isn't all that sharp anymore ). I cured it, I think, by making the minimap go full size inside. It is (or was) part of the options for the minimized map. Once I did that, I didn't have that particular problem again.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
08-13-18, 02:28 AM   #5
CedricDur
A Fallenroot Satyr
Because I found that the indoors carbonite minimap is not very accurate. If we are inside a cave, for example, it does not show the herbalism or ore nodes. A minor nitpick easily solved by docking the Blizz minimap.

This arrangement has worked fine up to now but now that you mention it I will do a quick hop in-game to test.

Okay, went and tested. No option seems able to -remove- the docking. Which seems interesting.

https://imgur.com/a/lsHofT0

After a bit of testing it only happens when the indoors has a map of its own. A simple cave or house will not trigger this (though it -will- display the docked mini map), but if the map has to change to display the indoors area then when we pop back out the zoom is maxed.

I would say it is maybe just me since no one else is complaining about this, but I disabled all addons other than Carbonite Maps and had the same behavior repeating itself.

Edit: With all this testing I remembered why the carbonite minimap did not show the ore and herbal nodes while indoors. I have never been able to remove the indoors docking and the second best thing was to scale the docked minimap to a pinprick so it was for all effects invisible. But once docking happens it takes over showing the quest givers and the nodes, so even scaled down to a minimum it was taking over those duties.

Last edited by CedricDur : 08-13-18 at 07:25 AM.
08-13-18, 07:33 AM   #6
CedricDur
A Fallenroot Satyr
After blundering like a caveman in modern times I managed to make the docked minimap go away by commenting line 265 in NxMap.lua which just created a bunch of errors, but the loss of zoom remains once leaving an indoors place, like for example the cave where we save the sleeping druids during the Val'sharah questline.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Carbonite Minimap loses zoom when exiting indoors.