04-04-15, 08:51 PM   #1
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite Map + ElvUI

I'm afraid I messed up.

I'm using ElvUI on the PTR, and I forgot that Carbonite has a problem with ElvUI when you try to combine the maps. I just fixed it (by turning off ElvUI's minimap control) and it works great, as far as I can tell, anyway. No errors yet, which is a GOOD thing. But, I've got a clock inside the minimized map, and I can't get that straightened out seemingly no matter WHAT I do. Weird.

I apologize for the wrong information, but at the time it wasn't wrong. It just turned out to be wrong when my mind finally remembered that Carbonite and ElvUI have a problem when you try to combine the maps, simply because ElvUI takes control of Blizzard's minimap.
Click image for larger version

Name:	jostoflees screenShot.jpg
Views:	7998
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	8557
Here's a screen shot. I don't have "ctrl" pressed, so, no clock in the minimized map.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
04-05-15, 09:58 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
because ElvUI takes control of Blizzard's minimap.

I thought it only skinned the minimap? (I'm honestly unsure). Although I never combined them when I used it.
04-06-15, 09:24 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I thought it only skinned the minimap? (I'm honestly unsure). Although I never combined them when I used it.
No, it must "take control" of the Blizzard minimap since when you try to merge the Carbonite minimized map and Blizzard's minimap in ElvUI, you end up getting an error and some weird other stuff. It's only a problem for people like me, who only like one minimap on their screen, and they prefer Carbonite's minimized map for that task.

Personally, I don't like ElvUI's putting a string of (what I see as) useless icons next to their minimap. And I just haven't found a way to turn them off yet. Not that it makes any difference. Everything else about it I like. One thing is it is actually very easily customized, something Elv gives you all the tools to do. Run into a problem customizing the interface? Just go to ElvUI's Forum for help. If you want to go too far in the customization, though, you better have more than a passing knowledge of Lua and XML coding. Which is the way it should be. Apparently.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
04-06-15, 10:28 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

U can have ElvUI and not merging map to have carbonite map instead of blizz. Thats what u want to do?

Last edited by ircdirk : 04-06-15 at 10:36 AM.
04-06-15, 01:03 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Personally, I don't like ElvUI's putting a string of (what I see as) useless icons next to their minimap. And I just haven't found a way to turn them off yet.
I only know of two types of icons that can go on/near the minimap. Other addons, which those addon authors need to have an option to either disable their icons from the minimap or add broker support. Then there are the vertical raid buff icons that Elv added, which has always had an option to be disabled. I've never liked either type of icons so both types never appear near, on, or around my minimap.

For some reason he has the option to disable them built in to the same feature that disables the Blizzard built in consolidated buffs. In the ElvUI options you go into Buffs and Debuffs, then on the right go in to the dropdown menu and choose Consolidated Buffs. Disable them there and those minimap raid buff indicators disappear.

Edit: Reinstalled Carbonite, disabled ElvUI Minimap and am not having any issues or errors combining the Blizz minimap with the Carbonite map.

Last edited by Petrah : 04-06-15 at 01:58 PM.
04-06-15, 04:24 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

@Petra: Ahhhh, THAT explains it! When I look at the buff / debuff options, the consolidated buffs stuff is ALL greyed out. So I can't do anything there.

@ircdirk: Yes, that's what I wanted to do, and finally remembered that there's a problem when you try to merge the maps if you have ElvUI installed. It took very little to fix it when I finally remembered what I had to do. It's all good, now. Thank you. (Look at my signature for a reason. SHEESH!)

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-06-15 at 05:04 PM.
04-08-15, 12:24 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

@Petra: Ahhhh, THAT explains it! When I look at the buff / debuff options, the consolidated buffs stuff is ALL greyed out. So I can't do anything there.

@ircdirk: Yes, that's what I wanted to do, and finally remembered that there's a problem when you try to merge the maps if you have ElvUI installed. It took very little to fix it when I finally remembered what I had to do. It's all good, now. Thank you. (Look at my signature for a reason. SHEESH!)

Not sure, but will these settings help? Maybe you have to enable the ElvUI minimap and then disable the consolidated buffs, and after those then disable the ElvUI minimap again?

04-08-15, 09:06 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It doesn't really matter, Petrah. With the ElvUI minimap disabled those icons are gone, so it's a moot point. I do have some questions about your UI though...
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_040815_011946.png
Views:	8951
Size:	612.2 KB
ID:	8561
What is the object the arrow is pointing to? It looks like a clock, but it is in the middle of nowhere (Which doesn't make much sense. To me.). I like your buffs, what do you use? I know they are placed using ElvUI, but what do you use to get the timer bar under them? You have a few different items on your interface that (I don't think) aren't standard ElvUI stuff, like the bar with the icons on it, underneath of that there are two dark rectangles with "1/14 1/3" on one and "M22" on the other. I see in your options you have "AddOnSkins", "Equipment", "Farmer" and "WatchFrame". I don't have them in mine, or the bar and rectangles, or the timer bars under my buffs, and I would like to know how you did that stuff because I think it looks neat and I would like to try it. I can't attach a screen shot right now because the PTR servers are down. Sorry.

04-08-15, 10:50 AM   #9
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

This arrow points to garrison supply waiting till orders are done.

Just search this addons in Tukui site: http://www.tukui.org/addons/

Last edited by ircdirk : 04-08-15 at 10:52 AM.
04-08-15, 04:11 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It doesn't really matter, Petrah. With the ElvUI minimap disabled those icons are gone, so it's a moot point. I
do have some questions about your UI though...
Attachment 8561
What is the object the arrow is pointing to? It looks like a clock, but it is in the middle of nowhere (Which doesn't make much sense. To me.).
The arrows on the minimap you mean? When I hover my mouse over it (the solid yellow one) it mentions one of the quest I have (points to my nearest quest). That's built in to the game and not from any of my addons. As for why there's two arrows (the second arrow isn't there at the moment)... I'm guessing it was pointing to completed work orders.

I like your buffs, what do you use? I know they are placed using ElvUI, but what do you use to get the timer bar under them?

Arent' those pretty? They're called ElvUI VisualAuraTimers, and they're very customizable. You'll love those.

http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=91

You have a few different items on your interface that (I don't think) aren't standard ElvUI stuff, like the bar with the icons on it

That's ChocolateBar. It's one of my "can't live without" addons hehe. I hate icons on or around my minimap, so this addon allows me to hide those on the minimap and place them on a ChocolateBar. The addons must have broker support to go on a ChocolateBar. If you fiddle with the settings you can make it match ElvUI.

I know there's another addon for extra bars someone made for ElvUI, but I don't find that it has the options I am after.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12326-ChocolateBarBrokerDisplay.html

underneath of that there are two dark rectangles with "1/14 1/3" on one and "M22" on the other.

Those two rectangles are two more ChocolateBars.

On the left rectangle I have Ara Broker Guild & Friends. So the left fraction number is guild (1 out of 14 online) and the right fraction number is friends online (Battle.net friends show up there too). The tooltips for those are amazing. (I just moved my toons/guild to another server, so it's currently just an alt guild)

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11205-AraBrokerGuildFriends.html

The right rectangle is Broker Volumetric. I like knowing what my game volume is at-a-glance. When you right click it, it brings up the game volume interface.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13141-Broker_Volumetric.html

I see in your options you have "AddOnSkins", "Equipment", "Farmer" and "WatchFrame". I don't have them in mine, or the bar and rectangles, or the timer bars under my buffs, and I would like to know how you did that stuff because I think it looks neat and I would like to try it. I can't attach a screen shot right now because the PTR servers are down. Sorry.

AddOnSkins skin a lot of stuff that ElvUI doesn't... for example Altaholic (there's tons of others). It also allows me to embed Skada into my right chat window (I'm using the dual embed system in there that allows me to have two skada windows side by side in the right chat window... one for damage/dps and the other for heals). You will notice under the minimap I have Skada set as a datatext; left clicking it hides/unhides skada, and right clicking shows the skada menu.

Be patient with updates. He has a ton of addons he upkeeps, but he does eventually get to the errors. If a skin gives you an error for a particular addon, just disable the skin from AddOnSkin settings.

http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=128

The orange text are options from ElvUI Still Enhanced. This adds a ton of other options in ElvUI... you can tell which ones they are because the text is orange. If you use this, be sure you disable their watchframe options because it will conflict with Carbonite. You'll find a lot of extra options sprinkled throughout the ElvUI options.

I think this is a fan update, so I only download this one from Curse;

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/elvui-enhanced-mod-wod

Last edited by Petrah : 04-08-15 at 04:15 PM.
04-08-15, 06:50 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you, Petrah.

The minimap buttons can be handled by Minimap Button Frame. All it's made to do is take the icons, or buttons, off the minimap. It has some options in the Blizzard option panel on the "AddOns" tab. It even has skins available, but I don't think there are any ElvUI skins out for it. I don't think you'd need one, though. But Chocolate Bar works.

No, I put a big red arrow on the screen shot. It's next to, on the left side of, the ElvUI options panel. The arrows on the minimap are pretty self-explanatory to anyone who's played WoW for a while, and is the least bit curios.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-08-15 at 07:24 PM.
04-09-15, 12:58 AM   #12
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

No, I put a big red arrow on the screen shot. It's next to, on the left side of, the ElvUI options panel. The arrows on the minimap are pretty self-explanatory to anyone who's played WoW for a while, and is the least bit curios.
This arrow points to garrison supply waiting till orders are done. Thats not addon its blizz object.
04-09-15, 01:14 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you, Petrah.

I put a big red arrow on the screen shot. It's next to, on the left side of, the ElvUI options panel. The arrows on the minimap are pretty self-explanatory to anyone who's played WoW for a while, and is the least bit curios.

Those are above every work order box sitting outside of a garrison building. It just means that there's more time running on that work order.. so when all of the work orders are completed then the clock disappears. It's nothing more than a visual aid to let you that there are work orders in progress.

Last edited by Petrah : 04-09-15 at 01:16 AM.
04-09-15, 09:13 AM   #14
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Petrah, ircdirk, thank you. I had no idea what that was and not having any characters leveled up enough, or that close, I just wondered.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Carbonite Map + ElvUI