06-13-10, 09:26 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 6/13: Who That Who There (updated)

Who That Who There:

Do you usually miss when your friends and guildies come online? Maybe you were waiting for your pal to do a dungeon run, but were so engrossed in your OCD farming that you didn't realize they were online until they were already busy with something else. How about when people go offline? Have you ever tried to whisper a friend or speak in guild chat and then realized you were just talking to yourself? This addon takes the online/offline system messages from the chat window and displays them in the errors frame at the top-center of your screen. As an added bonus, the names are class colored, the status (online/offline) is colored green/red, and a more audible sound is played when it is someone from your friends list.

Never miss your friends or talk to yourself again! Download the addon here.

For previous Picks of the Week, see here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to WoWInterface, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-16-10, 04:00 AM   #2
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pretty useful, although I personally always notice when something happens in the chat box, so it wouldn't be particularly useful for me. It would be nice to see this ported to MSBT, though, perhaps along with other similar 'notifications', leading to the idea of an MSBT frame dedicated to such notifications. Could be interesting.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
06-16-10, 04:18 AM   #3
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Pretty useful, although I personally always notice when something happens in the chat box, so it wouldn't be particularly useful for me. It would be nice to see this ported to MSBT, though, perhaps along with other similar 'notifications', leading to the idea of an MSBT frame dedicated to such notifications. Could be interesting.
I agree this is a great AddOn, but for me, it wouldn't work :O

Though, it seems like a nice addon especially if you raid all the time and you're waiting for friends and raid leaders to come online; Then this makes for an awesome addon to use for this purpose.
06-16-10, 04:25 AM   #4
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Ferous speaks the truth, this would be most useful whilst you're in a raid. Still, couldn't you create a custom chat box which is filtered to only show people logging in and logging off, with a bigger font?
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
06-23-10, 10:03 AM   #5
Helminthophobe
Premium Member

This made my day! Thanks, Seerah!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 6/13: Who That Who There (updated)