03-30-08, 08:56 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 3/30: Toons-v2 (new) and ChatIcons (updated)

Because of the patch this week, there were 379 different uploads (that's including UI compilations) - not to mention that some of those were updated multiple times this week! That was a lot to sift through. Here's what caught my attention. When I saw mention of the mod, Toons, in the forums, I just had to download it and see what it was all about. I also picked an updated mod this week (was originally released when the PTRs were up), which makes use of the new 2.4 feature of having icons in chat.

Toons-v2:

This mod keeps track of all of your alts, on all servers, and lets you see their details via the "Toons" tab on the Social pane. Want to see how much gold they have and how much total you have on the server? Forget which alt has herbalism, and which alt has mining? Have an abundance of netherweave, but don't remember how much space is left in your alt's bank? Is your lowbie druid at full rested xp? You can view all of these things and more with Toons.

Read more about Toons and download it here.

ChatIcons:

The new 2.4 patch brings a couple new features that work their way into our chat frames. One of these is the ability to link spells into chat, the other is that icons can be put in text strings (tooltips, raid warnings, and chat).

So, just like how raid symbols show in chat and the combat log now, tardmrr's addon, ChatIcons, inserts class, spell, and ability icons into chat. Instead of using a chat mod to color names by class, you can see their class icon instead (note: only works for party/raid/guild). See the icon for an item when your guild links loot into raid chat.

For more about ChatIcons, see the download page.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to our site, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 3/30: Toons-v2 (new) and ChatIcons (updated)