07-13-15, 11:55 AM   #1
Bronzeborg
A Murloc Raider
hiding the original wow maps.

id like to leave just the "minimap" maps. and use alt-m for map. how can i remove the "drawn" maps from carbonite?
07-13-15, 02:40 PM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Bronzeborg View Post
id like to leave just the "minimap" maps. and use alt-m for map. how can i remove the "drawn" maps from carbonite?
Let me get this straight. Do you want to use the original Blizzard map that appears when you hit alt-m instead of the carbonite map. ?? If so then Carbonite > Maps > Map Options and unselect the first box "Use Carbonite map"

Thrumbar

Last edited by Thrumbar : 07-13-15 at 02:42 PM.
07-13-15, 05:26 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, the Blizzard World Map opens with ALT + M by default with Carbonite installed. If you want to open the Blizzard World Map by pressing the M button, try this: Open your Key Bindings (esc > Key Bindings) to the AddOns page and change the key bind for "show/hide Blizzard's Map" to M, and "switch Mapsize", you'll have to key bind this one, to ALT + M. That should make the Blizzard World Map open with "M" and Carbonite's maximized map open with "ALT + M". I THINK this is what you want, but I could be wrong.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-13-15, 06:25 PM   #4
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Both are correct as unchecking the box will cause the default Blizzard map to be used when you press the M key instead of the Carbonite map. Though mine does not require changing any keybinds.

Thrumbar
07-14-15, 07:52 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, but without key binding you won't ever see Carbonite's maximized map again. Not a deal breaker, I know, but some would like to see Carbonite's maximized map occasionally. Just to check something that they may not be able to see on Blizzard's world map.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-14-15, 09:16 AM   #6
Bronzeborg
A Murloc Raider
you are all wrong. i want carbonite to remove the old"paper" maps. and ONLY use the "actual" from above maps, that you see in minimaps.
07-14-15, 11:24 AM   #7
Kreelor
A Firelord

you are all wrong. i want carbonite to remove the old"paper" maps. and ONLY use the "actual" from above maps, that you see in minimaps.
There is only 1 Minimap and that one is Blizzard's. (It's the one you see in the upper right-hand corner of your screen -- unless you have it "Merged" on top of Carbonite's larger view map?).

Blizzard has its own "Main Map" - the large one (which is the one displayed by default when you press the "M" key on your keyboard -- UNLESS you have also installed "Carbonite Maps" (Carbonite's required module)! If you installed the Carbonite addon, then you'll have to hold down the <Alt> key then tap the "M" key on your keyboard to view Blizzard's Main Map. Or, as mentioned before, you can mess with the Key Assignments.

Carbonite has only 1 map but, it can be viewed in 2 different sizes: a smaller view or a larger view. The Carbonite smaller view is NOT a "Minimap", even though some people call it that by mistake, which leads to much confusion.

I believe I have stated this correctly. If not, maybe someone will correct me? I'm just trying to help by clarifying terminologies hopefully, to prevent more confusion.

Note: There are no "paper" maps in Carbonite.

Last edited by Kreelor : 07-14-15 at 04:23 PM.
07-14-15, 01:03 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Perhaps instead of telling people (who are trying as best they can based on what you gave them to help you) that they are "all wrong", you could provide a screenshot of what you want.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-14-15, 03:44 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

@Kreelor: Unless you changed the key bind, it's ALT + M to see the Blizzard World Map. When you hit the ctrl key you get the Blizzard Minimap in Carbonite's minimized map (IF you combined them). If you hit ctrl + M with default key bindings it shuts off the music in the game.

@Bronzeborg: Maybe if you follow Seerah's suggestion and post a screen shot or two you'll get the right answer. If you want to see a large map like the Carbonite minimized map, make sure the scale of the map is saved. IE right click on the Carbonite minimized map when you have it zoomed in to where you like it and choose "Save Map Scale" in the menu. That way the maximized map should be scaled, and look, the same. You can either right click either map and choose "Restore Map Scale" or you can set a key binding for that in the default Key Binds facility.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-14-15 at 03:55 PM.
07-14-15, 04:20 PM   #10
Kreelor
A Firelord

This single paragraph was clipped from your previous message and pasted here:
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
@Kreelor: Unless you changed the key bind, it's ALT + M to see the Blizzard World Map. When you hit the ctrl key you get the Blizzard Minimap in Carbonite's minimized map (IF you combined them). If you hit ctrl + M with default key bindings it shuts off the music in the game.
Jeffy162, thanks for pointing out my typing mistake. I knew it was <Alt-M> (for Map) but, I typed <Ctrl> instead. I fixed it in my previous post. I'm so used to shutting the sound off and on that <Ctrl> must have been on my mind. heh heh
07-14-15, 08:56 PM   #11
Bronzeborg
A Murloc Raider
say you are in stormwind, wow provides you with a drawn map with handy labels for the citys places. but if i have the mouse outside of that, i get to see what stormwind REALLY looks like without that map. id rather not have the drawn map with labels. and just the actual mapping.
https://i.imgur.com/zxuYYrd.gif

Last edited by Bronzeborg : 07-14-15 at 09:02 PM.
07-14-15, 09:12 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't think Carbonite has that feature. (But I don't use it, so I may be mistaken.) It takes a LOT of work to find all of those textures in the game files, piece them together, etc, etc. This requires a full world map replacement - it's not just something you can get to show up.

Atlas World Map can, though: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sWorldMap.html
There may be another that's current, but I can't find it at the moment.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-14-15, 10:26 PM   #13
Bronzeborg
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I don't think Carbonite has that feature. (But I don't use it, so I may be mistaken.) It takes a LOT of work to find all of those textures in the game files, piece them together, etc, etc. This requires a full world map replacement - it's not just something you can get to show up.

Atlas World Map can, though: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sWorldMap.html
There may be another that's current, but I can't find it at the moment.
thanks for that! i mostly just use curse for my addons.

it even works with carbonite! but the ugly (in my opinion) drawn maps still show up when i enter a city or area with one. i wish i could disable them.

Last edited by Bronzeborg : 07-14-15 at 10:49 PM.
07-15-15, 07:58 AM   #14
Kreelor
A Firelord

Bronzeborg... can you please clarify a little bit more by what you mean (exactly) when you say "drawn maps?" Actually, ALL maps are "drawn" so, I'm a little confused.

SEE MY ATTACHED PICTURE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drawn-maps-means-what.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	8604  
07-15-15, 12:40 PM   #15
Bronzeborg
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Bronzeborg... can you please clarify a little bit more by what you mean (exactly) when you say "drawn maps?" Actually, ALL maps are "drawn" so, I'm a little confused.

SEE MY ATTACHED PICTURE.

all maps are drawn? what?
ok then i guess what i want cant be done. thanks for playing.
07-15-15, 01:43 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Actually, yes. All maps are drawn by the graphics processor onto your screen.

07-15-15, 02:12 PM   #17
Kreelor
A Firelord

all maps are drawn? what?
ok then i guess what i want cant be done. thanks for playing.
Bronzeborg --- YOU are the one who used the word "drawn" starting in your very first post, and then afterwards in your follow-up posts. YOU still haven't explained what YOU are referring to when YOU say "drawn"! Now, you are saying that what you want can't be done. From what I can tell, the only thing so far that can't be done, is to get you to explain what you actually want. I and others have been trying to help you. I guess by your last remark that you've just been "playing" around with us with no serious desire for a solution. I guess it's possible that you don't speak english and you are using google translate. Well, if so, it is doing a very poor job of translating. I wish you good luck.
07-15-15, 02:20 PM   #18
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Actually, yes. All maps are drawn by the graphics processor onto your screen.
Yes, and they were also drawn originally and prior to that by an artist before they were made available to users to see on the screens via the GPU. That's what I had hoped he/she would understand, but it baffled him/her. Oh, well. I've had enough.
07-15-15, 02:24 PM   #19
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

U can move away your mouse cursor to show the "real" map under the "drawn" (dont think there is setting to dissable are those "drawn" maps):

07-15-15, 02:29 PM   #20
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
U can move away your mouse cursor to show the "real" map under the "drawn" (dont think there is setting to dissable are those "drawn" maps):

If I read him correctly , he does not want the little popup that appears when you mouse over you garrison or city that is in you first image to appear at all. Instead he wants on continuous map to zoom in and out for.

Thrumbar

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » hiding the original wow maps.