07-13-15, 11:55 AM   #1
Bronzeborg
A Murloc Raider
hiding the original wow maps.

id like to leave just the "minimap" maps. and use alt-m for map. how can i remove the "drawn" maps from carbonite?
07-13-15, 02:40 PM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Bronzeborg View Post
id like to leave just the "minimap" maps. and use alt-m for map. how can i remove the "drawn" maps from carbonite?
Let me get this straight. Do you want to use the original Blizzard map that appears when you hit alt-m instead of the carbonite map. ?? If so then Carbonite > Maps > Map Options and unselect the first box "Use Carbonite map"

Thrumbar

Last edited by Thrumbar : 07-13-15 at 02:42 PM.
07-13-15, 05:26 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, the Blizzard World Map opens with ALT + M by default with Carbonite installed. If you want to open the Blizzard World Map by pressing the M button, try this: Open your Key Bindings (esc > Key Bindings) to the AddOns page and change the key bind for "show/hide Blizzard's Map" to M, and "switch Mapsize", you'll have to key bind this one, to ALT + M. That should make the Blizzard World Map open with "M" and Carbonite's maximized map open with "ALT + M". I THINK this is what you want, but I could be wrong.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-13-15, 06:25 PM   #4
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Both are correct as unchecking the box will cause the default Blizzard map to be used when you press the M key instead of the Carbonite map. Though mine does not require changing any keybinds.

Thrumbar
07-14-15, 07:52 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, but without key binding you won't ever see Carbonite's maximized map again. Not a deal breaker, I know, but some would like to see Carbonite's maximized map occasionally. Just to check something that they may not be able to see on Blizzard's world map.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-14-15, 09:16 AM   #6
Bronzeborg
A Murloc Raider
you are all wrong. i want carbonite to remove the old"paper" maps. and ONLY use the "actual" from above maps, that you see in minimaps.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » hiding the original wow maps.