09-08-15, 04:13 PM   #1
buho
A Murloc Raider
Gathermate2 incompatibility

The actual version of GM2 (1.35.3) is not working with Carbonite Maps; GM2 nodes are not appearing in the WoW map/minimap.

Cheers.
buho (A).
09-08-15, 06:00 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't have any problem with it. I dl'ed and installed GatherMate2 and the data package, and it worked fine. With both Carbonite and the default world map (couldn't test with the minimap, because it's merged with Carbonite). You don't need to install GatherMate2 with Carbonite. Just dl and install GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition. Make sure you enable the "Enable Saving Gather Nodes" from Carbonite's Guide and Gather options.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-09-15, 06:19 PM   #3
buho
A Murloc Raider
I'm using Carbonite Maps only and restricting his funcionality to a minimun.

In the actual Carbonite state, loading the other Carbonite extensions is asking for a rain of LUA errors

In my case, if I disconnect Carbonite Maps the GM2 node marks appears in WoW map/minimap. Reconnecting it makes the marks dissapear from both.

Just now I need the Carbonite little map more tan the GM nodes but things will change soon, ending my years old love with Carbonite

Cheers.
búho (A).
09-10-15, 09:15 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, I don't know what is interfering with your GatherMate. I run quite a few addons (not as many as I used to, but I didn't have any trouble with Carbonite and GatherMate then either) and have no problems with GatherMate2, but I normally don't run that addon, preferring to run just the GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition module instead, and record the nodes if I run across any that are not in the Data module.
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090815_193220.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	8638 My UI - with GatherMate2.
My AddOns:
!BugGrabber
+Wowhead_Looter
AddOnSkins
Auc-Advanced
Auc-ScanData
Auc-Stat-Histogram
Auc-Stat-iLevel
Auc-Stat-StdDev
Auc-Util-FixAH
BugSack
Carbonite
Carbonite.Items
Carbonite.Notes
Carbonite.Quests
Carbonite.Social
Carbonite.Warehouse
CoolLine
ElvUI
ElvUI_Config
ElvUI_CustomTweaks
ElvUI_DataConfig
ElvUI_DTBars2
ElvUI_DTColors
ElvUI_Enhanced
ElvUI_ExtraDataTexts
ElvUI_Microbar
ElvUI_VisualAuraTimers
FireExit
FlashTaskBar
GatherMate2_Data_Carbonite
HideBlobRing
iTracking
LearningAid
LibSharedMedia-3.0
LightHeaded
LightHeaded_Data_A
LightHeaded_Data_B
LightHeaded_Data_C
LightHeaded_Data_D
LightHeaded_Data_E
LightHeaded_Data_NPC
LightHeaded_Data_QIDDesc
LightHeaded_Data_QIDNames
Masque
Masque_Darkscail
MicroDeclineDuel_6.1
MinimapButtonFrame
MinimapButtonFrame_Elv
MovableFrames
MySpecs
nanoplayed
nibHideBlackBar
OpenAll
QuestReward
SharedMedia
SharedMedia_MyMedia
SlideBar
Stubby
TidyPlates
TidyPlates_Neon
TidyPlatesHub
TidyPlatesWidgets
WoWDBProfiler
XLoot
XLoot_Frame
XLoot_Options
Note that GatherMate2 is not in the list. This list was taken after I tested it and deleted it because I do not normally use it. I took the Blizzard addons, and any others that I wasn't using on this character, out of the list.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-10-15, 12:16 PM   #5
buho
A Murloc Raider
Well... I can't see any GM2 nodes in your minimap, what is there appears to be a normal WoW node blip, not a GM2 mark.

Anyway, I considered the chance of being an "anti-sinergic" effect between more tan one addon, but it is an academical consideration: GM2 starts working with Carbonite Maps off. No matter how the events chain (or whatever) is being messed, Carbonite is the root of all evil here.

What is perhaps an important difference is that I'm running Carbonite Maps only. May be the bug is caused due to the absence of some other Carbonite module.

Cheers.
buho (A).
09-10-15, 01:15 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, the problem sounds, to me, like an interference between Carbonite's main module and another addon causing GatherMate2's nodes to not show up on Carbonite's map. To find out, shut down your addons except for Carbonite and GatherMate2 and test it. It is the only way you are going to be sure.

You can't see any GatherMate2 nodes on my minimized map because it is zoomed in fairly close and doesn't show much. By-the-way, Carbonite doesn't have a "minimap". Carbonite uses one map and that map is either maximized (like Blizzard's World Map), or minimized (similar to Blizzard's minimap, which it is most definitely not).

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-10-15 at 01:24 PM.
09-10-15, 01:30 PM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

First of all u dont have to use GatherMate2 to show GatherMate2 nodes on map... just load GatherMate data (of course u have to have "GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition" addon) and select what to show on the map ie. mine nodes/herbs etc.

Or there is other functionality of GaterMate2 that u want to use?

Last edited by ircdirk : 09-10-15 at 01:47 PM.
09-11-15, 09:26 AM   #8
buho
A Murloc Raider
@jeffy162:

From myself: "GM2 starts working with Carbonite Maps off".

@ircdirk:

The best solution for me is Carbonite Maps + GM2 + Routes + WoW minimap.

Cheers.
buho (A).
09-11-15, 10:25 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by buho View Post
@jeffy162:

From myself: "GM2 starts working with Carbonite Maps off".
buho (A).
I know that is what you said, but if you want to know why it is like that, you can.

09-11-15, 10:35 AM   #10
Kreelor
A Firelord

Dear Buho,

Maybe this will help you along with the good suggestions made by jeffy162 and ircdirk.

- Start using the modified version of gathermate2 which is designed to work specifically with Carbonite.
It is named: "GatherMate2Data-CarboniteEdition"

- Find it here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teEdition.html

- Disable ALL of your addons EXCEPT
for "Carbonite Maps" and "GatherMate2Data-CarboniteEdition" (and its' Data module).

- Use Carbonite "Options" as shown in the attached image.
MY EDIT: I added a screenshot of Carbonite's "Options" dialog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gathermate2-Carbonite-Edition.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	449.5 KB
ID:	8641  

Last edited by Kreelor : 09-11-15 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added carbonite's options dialog & re-worded my comments
09-11-15, 03:33 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, Kreelor, I'm not telling him / her to delete GatherMate2 from the AddOns folder. I am trying to get him / her to fix the problem by disabling all of the addons except Carbonite and GatherMate2 (and its' Data module) to see if they work alright like that. Then, if they do, slowly enable the other addons 'til the problem shows up again. That should be the "bad addon" and it should be either left disabled until an update is found (then it can be re-enabled) or it should be deleted. But buho doesn't seem to be interested in my way of "fixing" the problem.

09-11-15, 05:35 PM   #12
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thanks Jeffy162!
I edited-out some of my comments on that post and re-worded the others.

Last edited by Kreelor : 09-11-15 at 05:59 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Gathermate2 incompatibility