02-22-09, 07:21 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 2/22: Proc Borders (new)

Proc Borders:

Do you ever have trouble keeping track of your proc'ed buffs that make abilities free or more powerful? Find it hard to divide your attention between your buffs display and your action bars? Give Proc Borders a try. All you have to do is associate a buff with a spell in the options window and assign a color for its border. The next time you gain that buff, the border will be placed around that spell's button. The only caveat is that the addon currently does not work with macros - only with spells dragged from the spellbook.

Read more about the addon at its download page.

For previous Picks of the Week, see here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to WoWInterface, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-23-09, 07:44 AM   #2
Tuller
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is a really clever idea.
02-23-09, 09:34 AM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I just keep my eyes around where MSBT prints out spell gains, but its good for buttonclickers and newcomers
02-23-09, 12:22 PM   #4
FattyXP
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
I just keep my eyes around where MSBT prints out spell gains, but its good for buttonclickers and newcomers
amen brother
03-04-09, 01:54 AM   #5
griddark
A Defias Bandit

Or anyone who does more then single mindedly focus on their combat text.
Examples:

Dodging flames - OBS
Watching for spores - Lotheb
Watching Omen - Decent DPS players.
Raid leaders - Watching people watching their MSBT print outs instead of playing well.

But your right this is a good mod for bad players......
03-06-09, 10:49 PM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by griddark View Post
I'm sure you Alt+Z and keypress... color me impressed

Good idea for an addon

Last edited by Dridzt : 03-06-09 at 10:52 PM.
03-06-09, 10:56 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I thought they were being sarcastic, Dridzt.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-07-09, 04:42 AM   #8
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver

It works the other way around mate, good players are able to do more than just watching the fight, they learn it, meaning they can put their attention to something else, as in, a combat text.

Examples:

Dodging flames - OBS - You don't need to watch, you know where they are

Watching for spores - Loatheb - move back your camera, you'll notice them don't worry

Watching Omen - Decent DPS players. - Good dps don't need omen lol

Raid leaders - Watching people watching their MSBT print outs instead of playing well. - Good players aren't supposed to be watched, they're supposed to correct themselves
05-03-09, 07:41 PM   #9
ThaOne
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Caellian View Post
It works the other way around mate, good players are able to do more than just watching the fight, they learn it, meaning they can put their attention to something else, as in, a combat text.

Examples:

Dodging flames - OBS - You don't need to watch, you know where they are

Watching Omen - Decent DPS players. - Good dps don't need omen lol

Raid leaders - Watching people watching their MSBT print outs instead of playing well. - Good players aren't supposed to be watched, they're supposed to correct themselves
OBS - There are two places they come from - so no, you DONT know where they come from, you just know WHEN they're coming and know where to look. Big difference.

Omen - Excellent DPS need omen to avoid over-taking the tank(s). Maybe good dps doesn't.

Raid Leaders are supposed to watch their raiders - it doesn't mean they're correcting them.

I'll agree that good players can watch other things, but your arguments above aren't completely accurate.

edit: I was going to get this addon if it worked with macros =(

Last edited by ThaOne : 05-03-09 at 07:48 PM.
05-03-09, 08:25 PM   #10
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ThaOne View Post
OBS - There are two places they come from - so no, you DONT know where they come from, you just know WHEN they're coming and know where to look. Big difference.

Omen - Excellent DPS need omen to avoid over-taking the tank(s). Maybe good dps doesn't.

Raid Leaders are supposed to watch their raiders - it doesn't mean they're correcting them.

I'll agree that good players can watch other things, but your arguments above aren't completely accurate.

edit: I was going to get this addon if it worked with macros =(
Excellent players have excellent tanks

Examples:

Dodging flames - OBS
Watching for spores - Lotheb
Watching Omen - Decent DPS players.
Raid leaders - Watching people watching their MSBT print outs instead of playing well.

My point is that I have my MSBT set to spew out information that I have carefully filtered out, in the middle of my screen, which my eyes are well trained by now and can catch without losing track of whats happening in the world behind.

OBS: I dont tank where the flames will hit me, and I have the ability to look in a bit wider scale
Loatheb: I dont care about spores, actually, Im active for half a minute into that fight until the dps/healers get spores then I go afk until he is dead.
Omen: What's that?
Raid Leaders: If you were in my guild you really would have a whole different view to that

FYI, I'm a tank.

Last edited by p3lim : 05-03-09 at 08:30 PM.
05-03-09, 08:57 PM   #11
ThaOne
A Fallenroot Satyr
Excellent players have excellent tanks
Not always the case. And even excellent tanks can be outgeared by excellent dps. I have all sets for my pally... I'm a great tank and great dps... but my tanks aren't always nearly as geared as I am, or I haven't played with them enough to know when I can unleash the fury, so to speak. Not every tank can generate the same amount of threat in the same amount of time - but excellent dps can easily familiarize themselves if they've had a chance to play with their tanks in the past.

A little help on understanding this... I'm in a new guild (it's 3 weeks old now). While the tanks are very skilled, the first run wasn't fun as dps.
Example: Normally I was able to give my former guild's tank 5k-10k threat and then unleash and not worry about it... With the first run I tried that and pulled with a judgement and autoswing. =p

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 2/22: Proc Borders (new)