08-31-08, 01:50 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 8/24 and 8/31: ChatBar (updated), Duality (new), & Learning Aid (new)

I apologize that I missed last week - this will be another 2-weeker. Good news is that things have started to settle down again for me, and I will be able to stay on the weekly schedule for Picks.

ChatBar:

ChatBar has been around for a long time, but not many people know about it. That may be because it hadn't seen an update since December '06 (and it didn't need one). ChatBar is a bar with buttons for every chat type/channel you can speak in, colored by that chat color. Clicking a button opens the edit box with that channel already selected and waiting for your message. Combined with its "sticky" chat feature, never type /g, /bg, /raid, etc. again. The bar has two art styles included, and can be oriented vertically or horizontally, with text on or next to the buttons (or hidden).

For more info about ChatBar, see the download page.

Duality:

I remember when this addon was first in its initial development phase almost a year and a half ago. When I saw it get uploaded to the site finally last week, I thought, "hey - I remember that!" Duality is for dual-screen users. It puts the main game area on one screen, and sets up your other monitor for the world map, character/etc. windows, experience bars, etc. It basically lets you get the most usage out of both monitors for playing the game, all in one package, with some nice background art to boot.

For more info and screenshots, look here.

Learning Aid:

Learning Aid is for forgetful people like me, who can never remember what they just trained. So often I have to scroll back through my chat log to see what spells I just learned. What Learning Aid does, is every time you learn a new skill (be it through training, talents, etc) a window will appear on your screen showing your new abilities. You can then drag them from that window to your action bars. Never forget a spell again!

Read more about it here.

For previous Picks of the Week, see here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to our site, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 08-31-08 at 01:53 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 8/24 and 8/31: ChatBar (updated), Duality (new), & Learning Aid (new)