02-27-07, 02:46 PM   #1
Jinglehopper
A Murloc Raider
article on coding burnout

Hi Mod Authors,

I'm a writer and I'm interested in developing a story about the pressures involved in coding ui mods for the WOW community. Modding takes time and effort. Even small mods take hours and I know the big mod projects have consumed weeks or months of man-hours to implement. To make it worse, some of you receive no compensation other than a rude comment about bugs or some random feature request.

I'm looking for people willing to be interviewed for the article. If you have any great stories about how you cope with the demands of the community on your coding skills and time, please send me a PM. If you ever thought about quitting, have actually quit modding to just play WOW more, or wonder why you ever started coding in the first place, send me a PM. If you have ever wanted to say "WTF people! I just need some time to sleep! Stop commenting/emailing/PMing me!" Now's your chance.

Send me a PM and I'll collect everything and write an article which will highlight the efforts you put into each of your mods. And of course, if you'd rather stay anonymous, that's cool too, but your story can still be told.

jinglehopper
03-02-07, 10:01 AM   #2
Jinglehopper
A Murloc Raider
Any authors out there who want to tell me their stories?
03-22-07, 09:48 AM   #3
Synthos
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Try hopping on the IRC channel... There are quite a few mod authors there that hang out.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » article on coding burnout