11-15-10, 05:25 PM   #1
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Possible Portrait Bug? Also the not so Safe Safezone...

Well... this is something strange, it was all working well (I'm testing in the BETA not live as I don't have a subcription set right now, anyway I think it's not happening on Live) till some Patch in the Beta.

The Portrait is not fully respecting my SetPoint. Even if I use SetAllPoints to a frame, the Portrait always, no matter what frame is it parented to, appears 1 or 2 pixels below the anchoring.

Different frames, same bug. The one of top it's the green spacing, it should fill the parent frame, it's not. The below screen it has 2 pixels or so at the top when it should have only 1 pixel.

Another thing and I Think that has been discussed before it's the camera reseting to full body mode even when set to mode 0.

Dunno if I'm alone in this or not. But again, I don't think this bug is happening in 4.01, only 4.03.

And something not related but.. I've tried several times to implement a Safezone. I don't like it myself but well, some people might, this is always the result I get:

http://cl.ly/3FrK

And this the pink bar is the supposedly safe zone. o.0 How can it be, the lag isn't that big.

Simply used this:

lua Code:
  1. fr.Castbar.SafeZone = fr.Castbar:CreateTexture(nil,'ARTWORK')
  2.             fr.Castbar.SafeZone:SetPoint('TOPRIGHT')
  3.             fr.Castbar.SafeZone:SetPoint('BOTTOMRIGHT')
  4.             fr.Castbar.SafeZone:SetTexture(fill_texture)
  5.             fr.Castbar.SafeZone:SetVertexColor(1,0,.2, 1)

Last edited by neverg : 11-15-10 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Typo
11-16-10, 12:05 PM   #2
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

I guess no one has the wierd SetPoint problem on the Portrait then. I'm hoping it's a wierd beta bug...

BUT regarding the Safezone, anyone see a reason why it would behave like this?

11-16-10, 01:18 PM   #3
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

at 361ms latency, this "could" be normal...

Please note, that the safe zone depends on your connection "quality", slower connection will cause "larger" safezones.

This is my experience, at least.
11-16-10, 01:57 PM   #4
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mischback View Post
at 361ms latency, this "could" be normal...

Please note, that the safe zone depends on your connection "quality", slower connection will cause "larger" safezones.

This is my experience, at least.
On the beta I Always have large values, on live it's smaller. But even so, 300 ms is not too much for more than half the bar with the Safezone. :P

At least in my experience when I used addons like quartz with 200ms or so it occupied only a small portion of the bar.

But well, I don't find the safe zone even needed since the spell queue blizzard implemented some patches ago works just fine.

But thx.
11-17-10, 04:38 AM   #5
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Just use the default UIScale on beta, and it should become pixel perfect. Any other UIScale, will make it behave like it is for you.
11-17-10, 07:35 AM   #6
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by haste View Post
Just use the default UIScale on beta, and it should become pixel perfect. Any other UIScale, will make it behave like it is for you.
I am using the Default Scale, I have a scale but it's set to 1. Oh well, will try to fiddle with it, strange thing is this bug literally appeared from night to day, one day everything was ok, the other it was bugged. I will eventually solve it. Thanks, haste.
11-17-10, 10:02 AM   #7
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

@neverg
UIScale has to not be set at all for it to be pixel perfect. Setting a UIScale allows backward compatibility with those who already have one set.
11-17-10, 11:54 AM   #8
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
@neverg
UIScale has to not be set at all for it to be pixel perfect. Setting a UIScale allows backward compatibility with those who already have one set.
Ye I know. What I ment is I allow a scaling of my frames, although I use it at value 1. That is why this is wierd. I had no problems before whatsoever. The Portrait simply doesn't respect the parenting to any frame, it always go down 1 or 2 pixels. Go figure.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Portrait Bug?