03-21-07, 03:11 PM   #161
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
the cave looks great Therok. Only one thing i would comment on it... it has no graphic for the mazzle hotspots in the corners (you know, Follow, Trade, Inspect, Whisper), which i find to be very useful.
They're still there, they just don't appear if you target yourself or an npc/hostile mob. They appear if I target another horde player, right on top of the two skulls and underneath, just like the original art.
03-21-07, 03:17 PM   #162
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by 123noob
I reallly like that target cave..... I think I'll change mine to that if you don't mind.
You're free to use it, but maybe wait til I clean it up a bit. If you want to make a better version (you're a lot better with photoshop than I am) the art I used was on wowtextures, in the same pack you used for your undead theme. I just took the frame they had, cut it in half, and inverted a second copy to make it symetrical.

While on the subject, any idea how I can start over and make the same image without it coming out so blurry?
03-21-07, 09:50 PM   #163
minyaen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here's what I have so far. Would like some feedback It's still a work in progress... It's a medieval/gothic type genre.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS.jpg (253.0 KB, 662 views)
03-22-07, 01:30 AM   #164
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Okay, I spent a day working on it, just a few small tweaks left to do.

Is there a way to move the MazzleUI logo or the efficiency and options buttons? I'd like to pull them down lower so they fit with the rest of the artwork. Right now, the logo and my buttons just kind of hovers over the border.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_032207_030730.jpg (172.5 KB, 624 views)

Last edited by Therok : 03-22-07 at 01:32 AM.
03-22-07, 05:18 AM   #165
flaicher
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by minyaen
Here's what I have so far. Would like some feedback It's still a work in progress... It's a medieval/gothic type genre.
nice.. anyway to get it?

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Odds are that I'm going to create a new add-on that contains all the best skins. As you'd expect, the mazzifier will allow you to choose from the skins contained in the directory of this new add-on. After you choose a skin, it will tell you exactly which files you can copy over to the main add-on. You can also keep running it as is with the new add-on always loaded. The above experiments will help determine what the smartest thing a user can do to save memory, in other words, whether the user should run both add-ons, copy those art files, delete the old add-on, disable it or do nothing at all.
sounds.. awesome

Last edited by flaicher : 03-22-07 at 05:21 AM.
03-22-07, 08:07 AM   #166
Megiddo
A Kobold Labourer
Clean Skin

Hey all, I'm new to this forum but I'm using Mazzle's UI for quite a time now and I really enjoy it!
Once I saw this post I thought of making my own skin, I thought of a more clean looking one. Well, I came up with this:

Just made this yesterday in about 2 hours, just simple and clean :P
If anyone likes it I might be able to send it via mail, just pm me.

Oh and I would also like to thank Mazzlefizz and all the people who helped in creating this awesome UI!
03-22-07, 09:11 AM   #167
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
here is one I am working on at the moment and yes I see where some of it doesnt line up.. that will get fixed What I am trying to do is have the upper part of the art completly transparent so you can see the game behind it. The black bar you see is the viewport that has to stay or else nothing works right.. trust me.. lol I am trying to create a background that fades to transparent just above the viewport ( but not with any good results yet ) so if any of you are good at the background please throw me some pics..

Mazz.. I will try to run the ideas you mentioned and see what memory usage is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenie2.jpg (129.7 KB, 581 views)
03-22-07, 09:29 AM   #168
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Therok
Okay, I spent a day working on it, just a few small tweaks left to do.

Is there a way to move the MazzleUI logo or the efficiency and options buttons? I'd like to pull them down lower so they fit with the rest of the artwork. Right now, the logo and my buttons just kind of hovers over the border.
No, there isn't. If you're straying from the dimensions of the original, other things are likely to be off as well. If so, I wouldn't be able to include it in any sort of package.
03-22-07, 01:41 PM   #169
minyaen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by flaicher
nice.. anyway to get it?
Not yet When I finish it I'll put it up for download, just wanted to see what some people thought of it before I did anything drastic to it.
03-22-07, 06:34 PM   #170
Doomfaith
A Murloc Raider
Heya guys ^^

i need a tip i'm pratticaly an Artwork Mad man but i'm not good at doing them and i'll like to do my own Artwork for my mazzle UI but i have a problem..... wich program i could use for image Editing for the blp format??

any help Appreciated thanks =)

Last edited by Doomfaith : 03-22-07 at 06:42 PM.
03-22-07, 07:22 PM   #171
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Here is a more completed format.. still some cleanup on a couple edges but pretty much a finished one.

To answer your question on what to use to work with the *.BLP files. I use BLP2PNG that can be found here or on Curse Gaming I think.. just do a search.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (159.3 KB, 657 views)
03-22-07, 08:31 PM   #172
minyaen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, I think I've pretty much finished it... only thing I haven't done is the casting bar. Lemme know what you guys think - I'm happy with it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss3.jpg (271.9 KB, 644 views)
03-23-07, 04:36 AM   #173
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
I like all the artwork I see! I'll have to get ahold of some of those and try them out.

I found something at discord art that I liked, however, when I downloaded the discord art pack none of the textures in the screenshot seemed to be in the folder. Then again, I'm really new to this sort of thing and maybe I missed it completely.

http://www.discordmods.com/cgi-bin/c...ts.pl?mod=DART

I love the artwork for this one and would like it for my Draenei mage. I also liked their night elf textures included with Discord Art and was wondering if it were possible to get the Night Elf skin for Mazzle with the wood textures as well, and not just the leaves.
03-23-07, 08:29 AM   #174
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Wow.. not a whole lot of viewing area with that art Elaana.. The bottom art is to large for the MazzleUI. The reasion is the whole UI was built around the most viewing area possible with the most functionality. So.... the art for Mazzle is restricted to 4 bottom art pieces each one is only 7.111 x 3.556 inches and the target cave is 3.556 x 3.556. I will see if I can shrink the art for that one down to fit into the constraints of this UI and still have it look ok. As for the top art there isnt a way to install that with the current mazzle setup plus if you are wanting a round mini-map that will take some work as well since we have those size constraints.

Like all things with enough messing around and revamping of the UI to fit into what you or anyone else wants it is or can be possible. The only dowside is any future release or anytime you need to Re-Mazzify those things will all get reset. Just something to keep in mind incase some major patch comes down the tubes that renders the UI inoperatable for a time.

:edit: After downloading the art pack and looking at the size its the same so hmm.. guess I will have a go at it.. :edit:
::edit:: ok I replaced my art with the art you would like. there is no spot for hotspots, unless you are just interested in the crystal/purple marble look and the actual exact look isnt wanted. Not to mention having to make the target cave and minimap area. ::edit::

Last edited by Kierrkian : 03-23-07 at 09:04 AM.
03-23-07, 03:07 PM   #175
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
Yeah, I just liked the purply crystal look to it. I don't like the top bar, and I don't like the overall size of the original, just the look of it. I don't use the hotspots in Mazzle except for the context menu so I don't really need them I don't think. They aren't hard to find anyway, just mouse over. I know where they are in case I do need them.

[Edit] I feel like a total load requesting these and not making them myself but I can't display the file extension and my computer is rather limited on resources currently so I can't exactly download the appropriate conversion programs and mess around with them lol.

Also, I'm still kind of wondering about the night elf texture from DART. Is it possible to get the Night Elf texture for MazzleUI with the wood background instead of the black one? I like noob's Night Elf skin a lot and will likely use that one when I start playing my Druid. The wood texture just adds to the "feel" more, imo.

Aaaalso, to Mazzle: are there currently any plans to add a skin selector option to the mazzifier in the next update? I don't think you'd have to manually add skins into the UI, just a skins folder or something like that in the MazzleUI folder would work right? Then those who want to install custom skins can just put the skin folder into MazzleUI>Skins or something.... It'd keep the default install size of the UI down while still allowing us easy access to skins that we can switch at our whim in-game by mazzifying, and use different skins while on different characters. By the way, if it's already possible to use different skins on different characters could somebody let me know how? lol thanks.

Last edited by Elaana : 03-23-07 at 04:06 PM.
03-23-07, 08:11 PM   #176
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Elaana
while still allowing us easy access to skins that we can switch at our whim in-game

The Electroflux Textronator addon does exactly that. You can add art panels to the folder, and then switch between them in-game, so I know it's possible. I however just ripped the art files out of the ET addon, dropped them into the mazzle art folder (after a couple tweaks in photoshop) and swapped the textures with a quick console reload in WoW.

note: Theres something weird about doing a /reload with art textures. Usually I have no problems working on something in photoshop, adding it to my art folder, and loading it all without exiting WoW. However, once in a while I'll change something and it just won't show up without exiting the game and restarting. Not sure why this is.
03-24-07, 06:58 AM   #177
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm a fan of photoshop. Well, paintshop, really. I had a trial version on my computer for a while (came with Dell's useless bundle of trial software, most of which was immediately uninstalled). Is it available for download anywhere? Is there a free, or at the very least, cheap version of photoshop or paintshop? I did a real quick search for it once and came across the professional version that was, well, quite spendy to say the least.

Also... I'll download that mod and give it a try simply because I like the name.
03-24-07, 07:15 AM   #178
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Elaana
Aaaalso, to Mazzle: are there currently any plans to add a skin selector option to the mazzifier in the next update? I don't think you'd have to manually add skins into the UI, just a skins folder or something like that in the MazzleUI folder would work right? Then those who want to install custom skins can just put the skin folder into MazzleUI>Skins or something.... It'd keep the default install size of the UI down while still allowing us easy access to skins that we can switch at our whim in-game by mazzifying, and use different skins while on different characters. By the way, if it's already possible to use different skins on different characters could somebody let me know how? lol thanks.
If you read more in the thread there is discussion on doing just that. There are a few things that need to be tested first which Mazz has suggested people try and respond with results.
03-24-07, 02:41 PM   #179
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
http://mcra.lrehosting.com/stuff/Mazzle%20Skin.jpg

This is what I have so far. Just something simple. The cast bar is from Noob's EQ2 theme, I haven't gotten around to changing it. Dunno if I will...

To be honest, the only thing I ever didn't like about Mazzle's UI was the Elven Metal theme. I would really love to see a Skin selector in the Mazzifier. It would pwn big time.

In the mean time, keep the skins coming every one
03-24-07, 04:43 PM   #180
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

That's simple really !!!

Anyways, I was able to get around fixing my undead theme, and so far all I can really think up adding in is the background's image overlaying the color for the left and right textures. The reason why I can not change the background color or using one of the skull background sent by one of the people here (sorry forgot who you are) was because of the shadowing textures. If I were to add that in (the skull background), then I will have to basically re-create those underlay shadowing in order to be able to have more detailed textures. I do think I will try to re-create the undead theme if I get the chance to do so. I wouldn't add more bones though since it is hard to add in any and have it fit. What I could do is making the target cave more detailed and the minimap more bony and add in few effects of blood drop on the background.

As for the glossy/tech thing, man I really don't know how to do it at all lol... I'm getting there, but it's still kind of hard for me to try to make the outlines creatively... well... we'll see how it goes haha.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleExtraSkinsPackage