07-14-07, 10:28 AM   #121
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kangaxx
Ok so i went back and did a full clean install, only this time i also completely removed interfaceold, WTFold and fontsOLD. I then copied over the interface and fonts folders from 1.1. I then made a complete mazzification at 1440x900 and got this result (see first picture). I then remazzified without buttons at 1440x900 and then only the buttons at 1280x1024 (the resolution of my other screen) and got the following (see second picture). If anyone can tell me what im doing wrong/what i should be doing i would appreciate it.
As I said before, your problem is that you're running old versions of some add-ons. Wherever you're "copying them over" from has the same old versions that gave you problems originally. If you look in your new screenshot, you'll see that the errors cite the same exact version of Autobar that was in your original screenshot. In short, quit copying stuff over, download 1.1 and do a clean install of what's in the zip file.
07-14-07, 02:28 PM   #122
jenariel
A Murloc Raider
Empty window

I have had this problem since install. Whenever I go to a vendor 2 empty windows pop open. I have no errors when this happens. Just the windows. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_070807_171307.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1281  
07-14-07, 04:07 PM   #123
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by jenariel
I have had this problem since install. Whenever I go to a vendor 2 empty windows pop open. I have no errors when this happens. Just the windows. Any help would be appreciated.
I too am getting those two windows. It must be from some other add-on included with MazzleUI. Usually to remove then, I just move the mouse over action buttons and what not.
07-15-07, 01:21 AM   #124
Lighty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

You'll notice the name of the FAQ thread is "MazzleUI FAQs (NOT YET UPDATED FOR 1.1)" and that the first line in the thread says:

The entry you quoted can be found in the in-game FAQ. The tester who made the web version said he was going to update it for all the new changes, but has not yet done so.
Yup, I noticed the thread's name indicated it was not yet updated. My problem was in thinking that this was a FAQ of both old and new versions. My apologies.
07-15-07, 11:53 AM   #125
Lighty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mend Pet Button in floating single-button bar

I have a strange problem. Forgive me if this was already addressed. I searched the forums for "mend pet button" (without quotes) and a variety of other searches. I also searched the FAQ in the LUA (now you know why I was in that LUA, Mazzle) and was unable to find an answer there either.

With any hunter, after I do a full Mazzle, including requisite Mazzlegasm, I am left with a free-floating "Mend Pet" button. I don't think it's a Bongos button/bar because even though my Bongos things are locked, I can still drag this little button guy and move him wherever I want.

Strangely, this button even appears when my hunters not only haven't learned Mend Pet yet, but even when they can't get a pet. I got it on an Orc Hunter who was only level 8. Fortunately, it only appears on my hunters. See attached picture. It's to the right of my character, nearly in the center of the screen.

I will take whatever ribbing, joshing, wrist-slapping, cajoling, etc., you care to dish out. But, I will not accept non-answer answers (eg. "Asked and answered on this forum" is not a good reply and is also not an answer). If you know of the answer, I'd at least like a pointer to where my thoroughly inadequate searching missed it.

As for my addons, I have MazzleUI 1.1. I installed it by renaming my Interface and WTF folders and starting from scratch. Since then, I've installed:
  • FuBar_FuXPFu* (from WAU)
  • FriendMinder (from WAU)
  • GrimoireKeeper (although the new PetInfoFu may finally allow me to remove this addon)
  • PT3Browser
  • Rupture
  • WOWEcon_PriceMod
Thanks for any help you can give.

* I can't believe FuBar_FuXPFu was removed. You level 70 guys/gals *never* create new characters? I mean, never ever?

Update
Someone in #wowace IRC channel was kind enough to tell me about this command: /print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

It displays the internal name of the user interface item you are pointing to at the moment you press enter on that /print command. What came back was "KOTJMendPet".

So, I did a
Code:
/kotj mendpet
/console reloadui
and that fixed it.

I honestly can't recall if I'm the one that turned it on. But I suspect I did. I'll leave this post here to help others find an answer if they do the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mend_Pet_Out_of_Place.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	1283  

Last edited by Lighty : 07-15-07 at 12:39 PM.
07-15-07, 01:38 PM   #126
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

King of the Jungle is an add-on only installed for hunters. It's supposed to be placed above your pet. I think it's used mostly just to feed your pet. You can try to remazzify the look'n'feel portion. That should move it back. Or you could move it yourself.
07-15-07, 02:13 PM   #127
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
A new feature added to KOTJ recently was to change the Feed Pet button to a Mend Pet button if your pet was happy and didn't need feeding. I believe an option was added to turn that new feature off since some people did not want the Mend Pet button. I haven't played my hunter in a while, so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but that is what you were seeing.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-15-07, 07:14 PM   #128
Lighty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The Feed Pet feature was where Mazzle always put it...right above my pet's frame and only when the pet needed to be fed.

This other thing is toggled by doing /kotj mendpet and a subsequent /console reloadui. I haven't read the KotJ stuff to see when it is supposed to appear or disappear, but it was always there when I accidentally had it turned on.

Well, at least the problem is solved. Yay! :-)
07-16-07, 12:38 AM   #129
brianapple
A Kobold Labourer
I have a small problem.
Whenever I have this UI activated, I can't seems to jump consectively.. I would be spamming my spacebar then 5 or 6 second later i would start jumping.

It happenes once in a while >.< and no, i don't have this problem without this.

Just wanting some opinion on how this is happening.
07-16-07, 02:37 PM   #130
Lighty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ora2 error

When creating a new character, I usually have to Mazzify twice. (Many times, the Mazzifer doesn't automatically appear when starting a new character and I have to invoke it myself.)

I've been putting up with it for a while now (old and new versions), but I've finally decided to tackle it.

First, though, let's tackle an error I get every time I login to a character, whether they're brand-new or long-mazzified.

Code:
[2007/07/16 13:22:00-60-x1]: oRA2\Core.lua:8: Cannot find a library instance of Window-1.0.
Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:470: in function `AceLibrary'
oRA2\Core.lua:8: in main chunk
followed by

Code:
[2007/07/16 13:22:00-60-x1]: oRA2\Options.lua:2: oRA not found!
oRA2\Options.lua:2: in main chunk
Any suggestions on what I should be turning on? I'm intimidated by four ora2 addon choices, three of which are marked "Loaded on demand" (none of the three are loaded) and the last one is always loaded:
  • oRA2 [Leader]
  • oRA2 [Optional]
  • oRA2 [Participant]
  • oRA2 -Ace2-
Only the oRA2 -Ace2- addon is already loaded.
07-16-07, 03:23 PM   #131
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Lighty
First, though, let's tackle an error I get every time I login to a character, whether they're brand-new or long-mazzified.

Code:
[2007/07/16 13:22:00-60-x1]: oRA2\Core.lua:8: Cannot find a library instance of Window-1.0.
Have you updated your oRA2 since 1.1 came out? WindowLib was just added to oRA2 on the 13th to give different options for windows (I think to resize them, etc - haven't checked it out myself yet). You're just missing the library. Go to wowace and download it from the files page.

As for the different modules of oRA2, one is the core, one houses things that you need if you're a raid leader, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-16-07, 04:05 PM   #132
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by brianapple
I have a small problem.
Whenever I have this UI activated, I can't seems to jump consectively.. I would be spamming my spacebar then 5 or 6 second later i would start jumping.

It happenes once in a while >.< and no, i don't have this problem without this.

Just wanting some opinion on how this is happening.
I know of no add-on that interacts with jumping.
07-16-07, 04:07 PM   #133
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lighty
When creating a new character, I usually have to Mazzify twice. (Many times, the Mazzifer doesn't automatically appear when starting a new character and I have to invoke it myself.)

I've been putting up with it for a while now (old and new versions), but I've finally decided to tackle it.

Code:
followed by

Code:
[2007/07/16 13:22:00-60-x1]: oRA2\Options.lua:2: oRA not found!
oRA2\Options.lua:2: in main chunk
Any suggestions on what I should be turning on? I'm intimidated by four ora2 addon choices, three of which are marked "Loaded on demand" (none of the three are loaded) and the last one is always loaded:
  • oRA2 [Leader]
  • oRA2 [Optional]
  • oRA2 [Participant]
  • oRA2 -Ace2-
Only the oRA2 -Ace2- addon is already loaded.
If you're going to add or update add-ons on your own, you'll need to add dependecies if they are needed. It sounds like you did not.

EDIT: If you can't tell from the error, you'll need to add the new WindowsLib ace library.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 07-17-07 at 02:47 AM.
07-16-07, 11:55 PM   #134
gizmo5444
A Murloc Raider
Okay it looks like you got rid of the old threads that explain how to fix this old bug. I looked where I went the first time it happened and I don't see the comments about it. I tried out mazzle 1.1 and absoloutly hate it! I don't like the new stuff and i miss the look of mazzle 1.01 so im trying to go back to it but i get that damn bongos error.

Bongos\bar.lua:281: in function `Reposition'
Bongos\bar.lua:264: in function `LoadSettings'
Bongos\bar.lua:142: in function `Create'
Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\bar.lua:161: in function `Create'
Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\main.lua:85: in function `action'
Bongos\profiles.lua:13: in function `action'
Bongos\lib\BEvent.lua:46: in function <Interface\AddOns\Bongos\lib\BEvent.lua:42>

---

I have ace updater and i have updated and re updated to make usre it is up to date and it is but the mazzifyer still says its out of date. when i switch over ot my paladin its not out of date and i get no errors what so ever. why can't i get my alt to work? I tried a complete re install i tried deleting the wtf folder, Ran out of ideas. I thought last time u said to run ace updater and it will fix it but im not getting any fix's. Sorry to bother you.
07-17-07, 02:46 AM   #135
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gizmo5444
Okay it looks like you got rid of the old threads that explain how to fix this old bug. I looked where I went the first time it happened and I don't see the comments about it. I tried out mazzle 1.1 and absoloutly hate it! I don't like the new stuff and i miss the look of mazzle 1.01 so im trying to go back to it but i get that damn bongos error.

Bongos\bar.lua:281: in function `Reposition'
Bongos\bar.lua:264: in function `LoadSettings'
Bongos\bar.lua:142: in function `Create'
Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\bar.lua:161: in function `Create'
Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\main.lua:85: in function `action'
Bongos\profiles.lua:13: in function `action'
Bongos\lib\BEvent.lua:46: in function <Interface\AddOns\Bongos\lib\BEvent.lua:42>

---

I have ace updater and i have updated and re updated to make usre it is up to date and it is but the mazzifyer still says its out of date. when i switch over ot my paladin its not out of date and i get no errors what so ever. why can't i get my alt to work? I tried a complete re install i tried deleting the wtf folder, Ran out of ideas. I thought last time u said to run ace updater and it will fix it but im not getting any fix's. Sorry to bother you.
*boggle* I don't understand how you could possibly hate 1.1 so much, but I'm not going to spend time trying to troubleshoot a version that is 5 months old. If you're that dead set on using old software, it'll be up to you to figure out how to fix old problems and update it. I already did that once to produce 1.1.
07-17-07, 08:30 AM   #136
Lighty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
oRA2 error WindowsLib missing -- Problem Fixed

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

If you're going to add or update add-ons on your own, you'll need to add dependecies if they are needed. It sounds like you did not.
Wow. Pretty harsh. I'll pretend you said it this way, "It sounds like you forgot to download a dependency of oRA2 called WindowsLib. If you're using WAU, do you have Automatic Dependency Downloading turned on?"

The answer to your implied question is, "I do now and the problem is fixed. :-)"

Hehe
07-17-07, 09:54 AM   #137
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
tbh, that didn't sound harsh to me, just straight forward. My responses are just always overly nice, so perhaps you were comparing the two?

07-17-07, 11:53 AM   #138
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
<chuckle>

We all know over-worked gnomes can be justifiably testy, especially when their patrons might be a bit behind in contributions. (Not you, brother dwarf! In general, I suspect too few donate for this herculean effort of a UI!)

Thank you for seeing our adored Mazzle is merely being... ah... "short".

looking over his shoulder in fear of the Gnomish Anti-Defamation League's infamous enforcer-rogue, Tiny,

--Mortie

P.S. Everyone, for the love of Light, please donate so Mazzle doesn't stop this UI anytime soon!

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde
07-17-07, 01:10 PM   #139
Jippeto
A Defias Bandit
Issue with buttons/inventory items fading out

First off, I would like to say that I love this UI. I'm a fairly new player to WoW, and it has helped me in so many ways to learn the game. Thanks to Mazzle and other contributers for all of the work they put into it. I've used the UI for a few months now, and this is the main/only real problem I have had with the new version of the UI, or the old. I've searched through these forums and the in-game FAQ to try and see if I could fix this myself, but am finally coming to you guys for help.

I'm having an issue with buttons and inventory items fading out fairly randomly. It seems to happen sometimes on it's own, and goes away on it's own. I have also noticed that it will fade items/buttons when scrolling through AH results with the mouse-wheel, or even when clicking through pages of my mailbox. Sometimes clicking the context menu hotspot rapidly will fade/unfade items/buttons until I get them all appearing again, but not always.

Here is a screenshot:

Shot at 2007-07-17

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide.
07-17-07, 02:08 PM   #140
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There is nothing in the UI that I know of that would cause such fading, and I've seen no reports like that. Given that you don't have a target and your shadowbolt isn't faded, it doesn't seem like a range thing. I'd try disabling the add-ons you've added on your own. If that fixes it, try to determine which one is doing that.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bug Report Thread