02-26-07, 04:59 PM   #861
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Silverchild
Is it possible to take the HUD from mazzleui and run it as a 'standalone' addon?

I'm looking for a replacement for my HUD, i like this one, but dont want to have to install the whole package..
Mazzle has stated that he's not going to be releasing standalone versions of any of his addons. What in particular do you like about the mazzleHUD? Graphics? Memory usage? Configuration? Let us know, and perhaps a suitable substitution could be recommended.

02-26-07, 05:30 PM   #862
Silverchild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks. Also, I posted in another thread but got 0 answers.. is it possible to turn off the 3d models? Thats what is holding me back to go and mazzify my UI.

What I like about this particular hud? The graphic is pretty nice, much better than 'metahud' that I currently use. I downloaded mazzle just to try it, and it seemed pretty easy to set up, and easy to get all the info I need without cluttering the screen.

Last edited by Silverchild : 02-26-07 at 05:32 PM.

02-26-07, 06:38 PM   #863
Older
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Vint
Its in the FAQ, 'Can I update on my own, or do I need to wait for another release of MazzleUI' (or, something like that.)

Thanks mate

02-27-07, 01:37 AM   #864
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rishathra
Hey!

I tried to install DFM to relocate the minimap, I've got several guildmates hooked on MazzleUI now, but the chief complaint is the Minimap Location.

Anyhow, Installed DFM, and allowed it to overwrite the Discord Library, both came up with an Incompatability string and would not load.

Removed the new Library and replaced it with the one included with the MazzleUI package, and still have the incompatability string for DFM.

Removed DFM and all is well, except the initial problem with minimap location.

Hints?

Thanks =)
Try the DFM here: http://tetzfamily.com/eric/gaming/wow/Discord/

02-27-07, 02:07 AM   #865
bigsushi
A Defias Bandit
Is there a way to transfer all my settings when I transfer a character from one server to another?

I love the mod and appreciate all the work that went into it but it took me quite a while to set it up to my liking and I'd like to avoid having to do that again if I can.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

02-27-07, 02:17 AM   #866
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by bigsushi
Is there a way to transfer all my settings when I transfer a character from one server to another?

I love the mod and appreciate all the work that went into it but it took me quite a while to set it up to my liking and I'd like to avoid having to do that again if I can.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
It depends on the add-on. Add-ons with global settings won't need to be changed. Of the add-ons that get configured by the Mazzifier, 27 use global settings, while 22 use per character settings.

By the way, the mazzifier knows which add-ons use global settings, so it shouldn't try to update anything that doesn't need it.

02-27-07, 02:24 AM   #867
bigsushi
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
It depends on the add-on. Add-ons with global settings won't need to be changed. Of the add-ons that get configured by the Mazzifier, 27 use global settings, while 22 use per character settings.

By the way, the mazzifier knows which add-ons use global settings, so it shouldn't try to update anything that doesn't need it.

So I'm guessing that it probably isn't as easy as copying all the files in "WTF\Account\Account_Name\Server_Name\Character_Name" to the folder for the new server. Is it even possible to do what I'm asking?

02-27-07, 02:30 AM   #868
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by bigsushi
So I'm guessing that it probably isn't as easy as copying all the files in "WTF\Account\Account_Name\Server_Name\Character_Name" to the folder for the new server. Is it even possible to do what I'm asking?

Copying files like you described may work in some cases, but, like I said, it depends on the add-on. For example, some add-ons store per character settings in the global settings file using the character name + server name to index the settings.

02-27-07, 02:31 AM   #869
bigsushi
A Defias Bandit

Copying files like you described may work in some cases, but, like I said, it depends on the add-on. For example, some add-ons store per character settings in the global settings file using the character name + server name to index the settings.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for your help.

02-27-07, 06:14 AM   #870
Janster
A Murloc Raider
Dear Mazzle.

The other day, I was doing some work, I found a quick way to enlarge my character sheet and auctionhouse sheet.

However, since then , I have become senile and lost all knowledge of how things work.

Do you have a clue how to adjust the size of these things?

Kind regards from

Someone

02-27-07, 06:15 AM   #871
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

im happy with everything until i hop over to battlegrounds and it turns out like this, what do i do? 1st ss - frames on bottom, 2nd ss-frames changed to top
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitleddd.JPG (120.7 KB, 496 views)
File Type: jpg untitleds.JPG (227.3 KB, 466 views)

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 02-27-07 at 06:17 AM.

02-27-07, 07:10 AM   #872
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by imoonfire
im happy with everything until i hop over to battlegrounds and it turns out like this, what do i do?
You can try reading the known issues, where a workaround for that problem has been posted for weeks.

02-27-07, 07:22 AM   #873
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

You can try reading the known issues, where a workaround for that problem has been posted for weeks.
did you enjoy posting that? sorry I guess I'll have to work on my browsing of 100,00 mazzle related posts

02-27-07, 07:44 AM   #874
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, I don't enjoy posting that over and over and over. And you don't have to browse thousands of posts. The known issues is the second post in the bug thread as well as the sole contents of a stickied, locked thread to make it as easy to find as possible: Known Issues.

02-27-07, 03:06 PM   #875
Raskol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is an issue that has been mentioned a few times before in this thread, but I haven't seen any updates lately and I don't see it in the known issues or bugs thread either. I just wanted to check and see if this is being worked on or if there is a known fix.

I'm having trouble using Clique on party and target frames. There seems to be a very small area where it actually activates. I try clicking on the health/mana bars, well away from the 3d model, and still the unit is just targeted or the context menu comes up.

The only part of the frame that Clique seems to activate for is above the 3d frame, on the text area with the party member's name, buffs, and its target. I would expect every part of the frame except for the target of target and 3d unit frame to respond to Clique, especially the vertical health/mana bars on either side of the 3d frame. Clicking on a health bar is just where my healer instinct demands I click!

I am using the 1.25 aspect ratio (1280x1024).

I'd love it if there was a way to set up a temporary fix to just make the entire party member frame respond to Clique. I used to use Clique by itself before I found MazzleUI, and I set ctrl+alt+rightclick to be the context menu, so I could always get a quick heal off regardless of where on the frame I right-clicked.

Thanks!

-Raskol

02-27-07, 04:03 PM   #876
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Raskol
This is an issue that has been mentioned a few times before in this thread, but I haven't seen any updates lately and I don't see it in the known issues or bugs thread either. I just wanted to check and see if this is being worked on or if there is a known fix.

I'm having trouble using Clique on party and target frames. There seems to be a very small area where it actually activates. I try clicking on the health/mana bars, well away from the 3d model, and still the unit is just targeted or the context menu comes up.

The only part of the frame that Clique seems to activate for is above the 3d frame, on the text area with the party member's name, buffs, and its target. I would expect every part of the frame except for the target of target and 3d unit frame to respond to Clique, especially the vertical health/mana bars on either side of the 3d frame. Clicking on a health bar is just where my healer instinct demands I click!

I am using the 1.25 aspect ratio (1280x1024).

I'd love it if there was a way to set up a temporary fix to just make the entire party member frame respond to Clique. I used to use Clique by itself before I found MazzleUI, and I set ctrl+alt+rightclick to be the context menu, so I could always get a quick heal off regardless of where on the frame I right-clicked.

Thanks!

-Raskol
Yes, this has been discussed several times. I underestimated how much of the frame that the models cover in the 1.25 and 1.33 aspect ratio. It makes it very hard to find a place to click.

(The reason I didn't notice is that in the 1.6 aspect ratio that I play at, name, stats, ToT health bar, etc. are to the right of the model, so there's lots of room to click.)

Anyway, in 1.1, click-casting will be turned back on for the 3d models and you can switch it off as an option. I also have a couple interesting new healing features I might be adding. But my first task is to get my epic mount.

02-28-07, 04:56 AM   #877
VoodooFX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've disabled SCTD, as i like to see the damage over the mob's head, and unfortunately there is no way i can make it appear there with SCTD (or is there ?), and enabled the blizz show target damage.

The thing is, it randomly gets switches off. I've looked through efficiency modes, and have turned off all SCTD things, and i searched the forum for a similar problem, but didnt find any.

Is there any thing in Mazzle that turns the Show Target Damage thing from Blizz off ?

Thx

-VoodooFX

02-28-07, 05:12 AM   #878
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by VoodooFX
I've disabled SCTD, as i like to see the damage over the mob's head, and unfortunately there is no way i can make it appear there with SCTD (or is there ?), and enabled the blizz show target damage.

The thing is, it randomly gets switches off. I've looked through efficiency modes, and have turned off all SCTD things, and i searched the forum for a similar problem, but didnt find any.

Is there any thing in Mazzle that turns the Show Target Damage thing from Blizz off ?

Thx

-VoodooFX
No, MazzleUI code does nothing like that. SCTD does have an option that turns Blizzard's damage off. Make sure that option is not on.

By the way, on my mage, I use both Blizzard's damage and SCTD simultaneously. Having them over their heads is critical for AOE, but I prefer to get the extra information that SCTD presents for most damage. To make it workable, I just turn on the option to only show SCTD stuff for the current target so that I don't get spammed when I AOE.

02-28-07, 05:18 AM   #879
VoodooFX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thx for the quick reply Mazzle. I'll get into it as soon as i get home from work

I didn't think of combining the two, might turn out something interesting

-VoodooFX

02-28-07, 11:37 AM   #880
darkwillow
A Defias Bandit
Not sure if this is a bug or a setting that is set wrong.

This happened on two different computers running the UI.

One computer is running the Hunter layout and the other pc is configured using the Warlock layout.

This affects every character btw.

The pic says it all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Off_Center.jpg (10.3 KB, 460 views)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD