08-22-08, 02:24 AM   #401
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll try to look at it today to see if there's anything I can do about it.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
10-31-08, 11:58 PM   #402
Shenshu
A Kobold Labourer
Using Clique with X-Perl

I apologize if this question has been answered before. I'm using X-Perl for my unit frames, and I turned off Clique's functionality for their player frame, however now I cannot get any click functionality out of that frame anymore. Is there a way to restore the default clicking behavior for this frame? (basically I want to regain my ability to bring up the standard menu that comes up when you right click on your frame.)

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently logging in and out (and assuming a /reloadui will do the same) fixed this. Seems weird that you have to do this to make a change active.

Last edited by Shenshu : 11-01-08 at 12:12 AM.
11-01-08, 01:55 AM   #403
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Shenshu View Post
I apologize if this question has been answered before. I'm using X-Perl for my unit frames, and I turned off Clique's functionality for their player frame, however now I cannot get any click functionality out of that frame anymore. Is there a way to restore the default clicking behavior for this frame? (basically I want to regain my ability to bring up the standard menu that comes up when you right click on your frame.)

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently logging in and out (and assuming a /reloadui will do the same) fixed this. Seems weird that you have to do this to make a change active.
It's actually not. The attribute setting that Clique does is time-sensitive and destructive. It just sets the attributes based on what you're told it to do. When you then "uncheck" a frame, it should not know HOW to restore those attributes, that is why you get this behavior.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
11-09-08, 07:34 AM   #404
Doraemee
A Defias Bandit
Problem with stopcasting macro using Clique

Hi,

I am having problems trying to get stopcasting macros to work in CLique. Here is the scenario.

Im casting holy light, then suddenly a player needs to get Hand of Protection, so I want to stop the holy light cast immediately and cast Hand of Protection so this is my macro

/stopcasting
/cast Hand of Protection

When i put this into Clique, it stops my holy light cast, but it doesnt cast my hand of protection.

Can someone help me out please? Thanks

regards,

Doraemee
11-10-08, 05:07 AM   #405
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Doraemee View Post
Hi,

I am having problems trying to get stopcasting macros to work in CLique. Here is the scenario.

Im casting holy light, then suddenly a player needs to get Hand of Protection, so I want to stop the holy light cast immediately and cast Hand of Protection so this is my macro

/stopcasting
/cast Hand of Protection

When i put this into Clique, it stops my holy light cast, but it doesnt cast my hand of protection.

Can someone help me out please? Thanks

regards,

Doraemee
This macro tells WoW to cast Hand of Protection on your current target. To specify another target, you should use the following:

/cast [target=mouseover] Hand of Protection
11-10-08, 07:34 AM   #406
Doraemee
A Defias Bandit
Thanks a million, ive been trying to figure this out for ages.
11-12-08, 07:31 PM   #407
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Right ... made an account just for this :P

I have my Clique set up so that, in combat I cast heals when I click people, and out of combat my clicks behave normal. This works all nice and well, but there's one issue I had been having.

Whenever combat starts (tanks starts running in for example), it doesn't put me in combat until I cast a heal on someone else in combat, so I end up just selecting them. Due to latency most likely, when I force a heal (bound to shift+clicks), a second heal right after will still not work with a regular click, as I'm not in combat just yet.

So my solution to this was to simply make 2 profiles to handle this, I have one for out of combat (for standing around town and stuff), and then another for combat. Then I have made macros where I can switch between these 2 profiles. However I find this to be rather lacking in the following way:

While my ghetto solution to this in itself works out well, I'm not happy with the way I have to switch between profiles. What I'm really looking for is 1 macro that can switch between 2 profiles, which I would want to bind to ~ for easy access any time I need to switch.

However I can't seem to find a way to make the profiles toggle like this, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
11-14-08, 05:13 AM   #408
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
Right ... made an account just for this :P

I have my Clique set up so that, in combat I cast heals when I click people, and out of combat my clicks behave normal. This works all nice and well, but there's one issue I had been having.

Whenever combat starts (tanks starts running in for example), it doesn't put me in combat until I cast a heal on someone else in combat, so I end up just selecting them. Due to latency most likely, when I force a heal (bound to shift+clicks), a second heal right after will still not work with a regular click, as I'm not in combat just yet.

So my solution to this was to simply make 2 profiles to handle this, I have one for out of combat (for standing around town and stuff), and then another for combat. Then I have made macros where I can switch between these 2 profiles. However I find this to be rather lacking in the following way:

While my ghetto solution to this in itself works out well, I'm not happy with the way I have to switch between profiles. What I'm really looking for is 1 macro that can switch between 2 profiles, which I would want to bind to ~ for easy access any time I need to switch.

However I can't seem to find a way to make the profiles toggle like this, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
You could just do it in the following way:

Code:
/run if Clique.db:GetProfile() == "Name of Profile 1" then Clique.db:SetProfile("Other Profile") else Clique.db:SetProfile("Name of Profile 1")
That should toggle between the two
11-14-08, 06:24 AM   #409
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Awesome! I'm going to go test it right now, but that'll surely make my life a hell of a lot easier ^_^

Thanks

EDIT: ok it seems to be giving me the following error when I try that one:
Code:
[2008/11/14 13:43:58-104-x1]: <string>:"if Clique.db:GetProfile() == "normal" then Clique.db:SetProfile...":1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1708: in function `value':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3212: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3144>:
<in C code>: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2911: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2056: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2049>:
<in C code>: in function `UseAction'
Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:259: in function `SecureActionButton_OnClick':
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

---
I tried to do the GetProfile and SetProfile things seperate, and that does work, I think. Well SetProfile changes profile, and GetProfile gives me nothing, but that's probably because it's a hidden result.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Psoewish : 11-14-08 at 06:47 AM.
11-14-08, 06:50 AM   #410
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Clad missed an "end", it should be
Code:
/run if Clique.db:GetProfile() == "Name of Profile 1" then Clique.db:SetProfile("Other Profile") else Clique.db:SetProfile("Name of Profile 1") end
11-14-08, 07:02 AM   #411
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Hmm is it possible that the GetProfile function doesn't exist?

Right now I'm getting this:
Code:
[2008/11/14 13:59:30-104-x1]: <string>:"if Clique.db:GetProfile() == "normal" then ...":1: attempt to call method 'GetProfile' (a nil value)
<in C code>: in function `RunScript'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1708: in function `?':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3191: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3144>:
<in C code>: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2911: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2056: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2049>:

---
I looked in the LUA files for a function like this, and couldn't seem to find it. Either I'm doing something very wrong, or it's just not there :P
11-14-08, 07:25 AM   #412
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Ah, it's GetCurrentProfile(). It's been a while ;-)
11-14-08, 07:37 AM   #413
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

It's working now!

Truly epic, now I can heal people without worrying about targetting and vice-versa :P

Thanks again for the help
11-14-08, 01:17 PM   #414
Marelys
A Defias Bandit
Hi, I'm having trouble getting clique to show up at all after having installed/deleted the folder several times. I disabled it on one character yesterday, and today when I log in, it doesn't show up at all.

I look at my addons section in the welcome screen, and Clique is there, however it says that it is only enabled for some characters. I try checking/unchecking the box only to have it not be there when I have logged in..

Any help would be appreciated if you can.. I've grown spoiled by this great addon
11-14-08, 03:01 PM   #415
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'm really not sure how I can help. I would try disabling all other addons except for Clique to verify that it is still installed and working properly. Did you install any other addons lately that might (for some wacky reason) cause problems with Clique?
11-14-08, 05:20 PM   #416
Marelys
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
I'm really not sure how I can help. I would try disabling all other addons except for Clique to verify that it is still installed and working properly. Did you install any other addons lately that might (for some wacky reason) cause problems with Clique?
Well, I didn't install anything new, just reinstalled the same versions of the same addons I've already had. Anyway, I did what you asked, and I noticed that after logging in/out again the Clique was "only enabled for some characters" as well as cartographer, which I had turned off completely before logging in. I hope this helps you a little..

Edit: Ok, I got rid of the problem by deleting my WTF Folder, even though it reset all my buttons and everything (bartender, etc) I can see clique now. Hope this will help someone else if they have this problem.

Cheers

Last edited by Marelys : 11-14-08 at 05:27 PM.
11-14-08, 05:37 PM   #417
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Marelys View Post
Well, I didn't install anything new, just reinstalled the same versions of the same addons I've already had. Anyway, I did what you asked, and I noticed that after logging in/out again the Clique was "only enabled for some characters" as well as cartographer, which I had turned off completely before logging in. I hope this helps you a little..

Edit: Ok, I got rid of the problem by deleting my WTF Folder, even though it reset all my buttons and everything (bartender, etc) I can see clique now. Hope this will help someone else if they have this problem.

Cheers
I hope you didn't empty your recycle bin yet, as I have a tip for you.

Renamed your current WTF folder to WTFtemp or something.
Then restore the previous WTF folder you had.
In that folder go to ACCOUNT/<accountname>/SavedVariables

There select the addons you don't want to lose your settings from, copy both the LUA and the BAK file, and paste them into your other WTF folder in the same subfolder that you just renamed, the delete again, and renamed the WTFtemp just WTF again. :P

Meh may sound a bit complicated when you read it like this if you never done it before, but it's not

That should prevent you from having to set up everything all over again, which can be quite time-consuming.

I always keep a backup of my SavedVariables folder handy.
11-14-08, 07:03 PM   #418
Marelys
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
I hope you didn't empty your recycle bin yet, as I have a tip for you.

Renamed your current WTF folder to WTFtemp or something.
Then restore the previous WTF folder you had.
In that folder go to ACCOUNT/<accountname>/SavedVariables

There select the addons you don't want to lose your settings from, copy both the LUA and the BAK file, and paste them into your other WTF folder in the same subfolder that you just renamed, the delete again, and renamed the WTFtemp just WTF again. :P

Meh may sound a bit complicated when you read it like this if you never done it before, but it's not

That should prevent you from having to set up everything all over again, which can be quite time-consuming.

I always keep a backup of my SavedVariables folder handy.
Awesome, I was wondering if something like this was possible just couldn't figure out what to delete. Thank you
11-20-08, 05:17 AM   #419
Afira
A Defias Bandit
Clique for Dummies

Okay is there some kind of instruction manual for this mod, lol. I downloaded this last night and would rather use it over Healbot. I use x-perl unit frames as well. I want to know how the heck I can still select a target and right click on the target to get the standard options such as trade, inspect, etc. Right now I have my settings set under default. I am mainly using Clique to bind my heals and debuffs. Is there also a way that I can select a target, friendly or unfriendly while in or out of combat by clicking on their player frame instead of actually finding their body and running on the screen and clicking that. I love the mod but I am not to bright when it comes to this. I also tried using the script to find out what frame I am mousing over but I cant even figure out how to use the script.

Thanks,
Afira
11-20-08, 05:44 AM   #420
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Afira View Post
Okay is there some kind of instruction manual for this mod, lol. I downloaded this last night and would rather use it over Healbot. I use x-perl unit frames as well. I want to know how the heck I can still select a target and right click on the target to get the standard options such as trade, inspect, etc.
Then it's simple.. don't set a click binding for right-click.. or set a new custom click with the "Menu" action.

Right now I have my settings set under default. I am mainly using Clique to bind my heals and debuffs. Is there also a way that I can select a target, friendly or unfriendly while in or out of combat by clicking on their player frame instead of actually finding their body and running on the screen and clicking that. I love the mod but I am not to bright when it comes to this. I also tried using the script to find out what frame I am mousing over but I cant even figure out how to use the script.
Again.. if you want to be able to left-click the unit frame to target the unit... DONT re-bind left click in Clique. Or create a new custom click with the "Target" action.

If you want right-click and left-click to remain untouched... don't change them, it's as simple as that.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Help with Clique