03-24-06, 08:52 AM   #21
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, we've seen this issue for a while.. I'll have to do some testing again-- but it seems lots of unit frames have issues with pets. I'll see what I can do.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-25-06, 01:26 PM   #22
TheDeamon
A Kobold Labourer
Very Minor bug report, when you have "/wd showall" active you cannot get visual feedback from any rescaling of Watchdog you try to do.

"/wd hideall" reenables scaling of watchdog.
03-25-06, 05:35 PM   #23
Gray
A Murloc Raider
Question about CT_raid and click cast.

How does click casting work with CT_raid, been trying to figure it out for quite some time now, haven't really found any good guides on it on any forum, so how does it work?
(I should mention that I've set up the clickcasting part for WD, and it works great.)

In short; How do you enable/setup click-casting for CT_raid?
03-25-06, 06:55 PM   #24
Chasim
A Defias Bandit
Couple questions...

Is there a click-to-res function or binding? If not, it seems that's about all this very nice mod is missing.

Also, can you move where the party's pets show up? Like, can you have them appear below the player? And can you increase the space between players?

Last edited by Chasim : 03-26-06 at 07:54 PM.
03-27-06, 07:28 AM   #25
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
@TheDeamon: Thanks, I noticed that this weekend as well. I turn off all frame updates during the showall command-- but I should be able to make scaling active again during that time. Thanks for the report!

@Gray: You should be able to just open up the /wdog config menu, and make sure the "CT-RaidAssist" checkbox is checked. That should make all of your WatchDog click-casts active on any CTRA frame (including emergency monitor and MT windows). If for some reason you find this isn't working-- another addon may be trying to use the CTRA custom click-cast function. If that's the case, posting a list of your addons might help.

@Chasim: There is no click-to-res binding, and I won't be adding one (likely) until WatchDog 2.0. You can just bind a specific click-cast to your resurrection spell. As for moving the frames, type /wdog showall to make all frames visible, and then move them where you'd like them. As always, ALT-LeftClick to move individual frames.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-28-06, 05:11 AM   #26
Grounded
A Defias Bandit
Feature request

I would like to start by saying this ui mod has served my healing needs well on two characters while leveling. However, it does not appear to support showing health bars in a raid.

I am not a huge fan of ct_raid's health bars after getting used to this awesome mod, and it would be absolutely amazing if we could use watchdog for most of our raid healing. Is it possible to add party-based lists like CT_raid has except using watchdog health bars? Things like emergency monitor etc can be handled by ct_raid, but I really would like to have my warriors health bars nice and readable like I'm used to.

Grounded
03-28-06, 07:57 AM   #27
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
@Grounded: I've considered it, but I don't think you'll see it within the next few months, just due to the time it would take to put into it. It would have to be an optional module, and I'm not sure how I would handle it.

You're more likely to see something like PerfectRaid get finished up (I'm working on it in my boredom-time). Its not currently usable in mass encounters (lucifron, etc) but it'll get there wihtin the next few revisions:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4673

Thanks for the support =)
03-30-06, 08:52 AM   #28
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
DUF and Perl's Classic clickcasting

I've written compat modules for Perl's Classic and Discord Unit Frames on request. Could someone with these unit frames please test these out:

http://svn.brokendreams.net/files/WatchDog.lua
http://svn.brokendreams.net/files/WatchDog.toc

Download those two files and put them in your WatchDog folder and let it rip. Let me know if you see any odd behavior, and I'll get it fixed up.
03-30-06, 11:33 PM   #29
Grounded
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
I've written compat modules for Perl's Classic and Discord Unit Frames on request. Could someone with these unit frames please test these out:

Download those two files and put them in your WatchDog folder and let it rip. Let me know if you see any odd behavior, and I'll get it fixed up.
I'm not sure I have the right ui. I have Perl_ArcaneBar Perl_config Perl_config and Perl_Player from pre-patch (I have not updated yet). There has not been any incompatibility that I have noted previously, and these new files don't cause any problems.

Click-casting does not work, if that was intended to work.

Grounded
03-31-06, 08:49 AM   #30
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thanks, I'll have to take a look. THere ar ea number of PERL versions out there, and this is only for one specifically.
03-31-06, 11:21 AM   #31
Honen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
How can I set up different ranks of heals? I have looked everywhere over the last couple of hours but can't find anything...

Thanks in advance
03-31-06, 11:24 AM   #32
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You can just drag and drop the spell from your spellbook to the /wdog cc slot you'd like. Make sure you don't have the slot you want to drop to selected when you do this. Alternatively, you could just use the syntax:

SpellName(Rank X), but you're gauranteed to be correct if you drag and drop.
03-31-06, 11:38 AM   #33
Honen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hmmm... I wish I could drag and drop... that doesn't seem to be an option for me. I have the latest version 1.2

I am opening up /wd cc first and trying to drag spells in... no luck

edit: ok... it is working now I didn't follow all your directions. Thanks for your help and this mod :-)

Last edited by Honen : 03-31-06 at 06:36 PM.
03-31-06, 11:59 AM   #34
Lofiz
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Cladhaire

I've test it with Perl's Class 0.51 it work fine but one problem when you've set a action on rightclick with Player/Party/Target Frame, it do the action and also open the menu (Whisper, Inspect, etc ...)

Thanks for that you can do.
04-01-06, 06:51 AM   #35
Hakker
A Murloc Raider
so far i'm only missing the gradient bar for the mana bar in the options. for the rest this looks awesome.
04-01-06, 10:31 AM   #36
Manevolent
A Kobold Labourer
The only issue I'm having is the old player and party bars are still visible. Is this supposed to be this way or is there a way to turn them off? I am also using cosmos if that helps any.

Thanks.
04-02-06, 07:39 AM   #37
duckilama
A Murloc Raider
Bar text alignment

Is there any way to have parts of the text on the unit bars aligned?
I like the name/class to the left, but would like to have the current/max hp/mp right-aligned.

I really like WD and especially the click cast setup/binding options. Absolutely brilliant!

Edit: Also, it would be neato kean if the frames auto-adjusted when you put buffs/debuffs under them. I like my buffs below the unit and debuffs to the right, but they tend to cover up the unit below them. I know, I could adjust it manually, and I don't know how much of a pain it would be to automate it, but just in case it hasn't been done simply because noone's asked, I'm asking. If it's a real pain, just ignore me.

Last edited by duckilama : 04-02-06 at 07:57 AM.
04-02-06, 07:25 PM   #38
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
@Manevolent: You can turn off the default frames by going into the /wdog menu, and un-checking "Default party, Default party, Default target, Default buffs, etc." depending on what you'd like to disable.

@duckilama: Use the [left][center][right] tags. For example, [left][name][right][curhp]/[maxhp] will display the name in the left string, the curhp/maxhp in the right string.

As for the auto-adjustment, I'm working on having that in 2.0-- but we won't really see it before then.
04-02-06, 08:22 PM   #39
duckilama
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the reply!
Are all the tags documented? I checked the download page and the discussion thread but didn't see them. Is this a case of RTFM?
04-02-06, 10:15 PM   #40
Grounded
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by duckilama
Thanks for the reply!
Are all the tags documented? I checked the download page and the discussion thread but didn't see them. Is this a case of RTFM?
It's all in the readme.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » WatchDog