11-15-08, 11:41 PM   #361
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If I have seen any "stance" word in add-on - there was not a problem for me.
But: where checkbox next to "Stance" ?

Show me it, please"

Stance box is 2nd box down on right column, check that.

This is what the bar should look like in bear.

This is what the bar should look like in caster.

It will page for any other stance as well, I have 3 Druids over 65 and a few warriors. It works on all of them for me. Right clicking on the bar will bring up that menu in the first SS. Good luck, hope this helps.

Last edited by Yhor : 11-15-08 at 11:50 PM. Reason: I /failed to quote what I was responding to.

11-16-08, 12:31 AM   #362
Azazel81
A Murloc Raider
[quote=Yhor;109339]
Stance box is 2nd box down on right column, check that.

Well that option is not showing for me, just check the screen shot:

Any ideas how to fix the prob? Anyone?

11-16-08, 12:34 AM   #363
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Are you trying to make another bar other than Bar 1 a stance bar? That would be the only thing I can think of, I'll log in and check to see if it's restricted to Bar 1.

11-16-08, 12:37 AM   #364
Azazel81
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Are you trying to make another bar other than Bar 1 a stance bar? That would be the only thing I can think of, I'll log in and check to see if it's restricted to Bar 1.
Nah, that Bar 1 is the one I've been trying to make stance-reactive, but none of the bars is showing stance option for me.

Edit: Don't tell me that if I have made another bars (Bar 2, 3 and so on) before trying to make Bar 1 stance-reactive, that won't work anymore then?

Last edited by Azazel81 : 11-16-08 at 12:40 AM.

11-16-08, 12:44 AM   #365
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Azazel81 View Post
Nah, that Bar 1 is the one I've been trying to make stance-reactive, but none of the bars is showing stance option for me.
Yeah, my version is
## Interface: 30000
## Title: Macaroon!
## Author: Maul
## Version: 30000.26 (beta)
##

Yours appears to be a newer version (.28). I thought it may because you were on a mage, but I still had a stance option on my priest and on all of my bars. I'm lost as to how to help ya, unless there's an archived version that is the same as what I put above.

11-16-08, 12:50 AM   #366
Azazel81
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Yeah, my version is
## Interface: 30000
## Title: Macaroon!
## Author: Maul
## Version: 30000.26 (beta)
##

Yours appears to be a newer version (.28). I thought it may because you were on a mage, but I still had a stance option on my priest and on all of my bars. I'm lost as to how to help ya, unless there's an archived version that is the same as what I put above.
Actually you have the seed of truth in there I think...

Priest has shadowform stance so it can be used, but mage wont have any.

I'm gonna go try on my druid then if it works for him (that mage is my main and I just wanted to config it for him first). Gonna tell you if it fixed it.

EDIT: LOL yeah that was the reason, I feel sooooooo dumb now LOL

Last edited by Azazel81 : 11-16-08 at 01:12 AM.

11-16-08, 01:00 AM   #367
tejing
A Kobold Labourer
I'm trying to get around the problem described here

http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...bug&bugid=5148

using linked bars. I've made a bar which has an empty normal state and the pet buttons for the possess state (possess is all it's marked for), and I've linked in a second bar which does stances, shift, and prowl for me. (linked to the normal state of the previous bar... It all works fine but for one thing... when in possess state my other bar's keybinds still seem to be active. how should I get around this?

To review:
NoPossess = bar with forms, prowl, shift enabled, and buttons on each (bound to 1 through =) Linked to Main state Normal
Main = bar with possess state, no buttons on Normal, and pet buttons on Possess, which are also bound to 1 through =.

Any help with the keybinds would be appreciated... I have to assume I'm doing something wrong.
Tejing
edit: Hmm... actually, the keybinds work UNTIL I press shift. changing the state of the hidden bar. Guess it's a bug after all. I'm going to do this a different way and put the shift state on its own bar instead.
edit: yup, that works alright.

Last edited by tejing : 11-16-08 at 01:33 AM.

11-16-08, 02:36 AM   #368
DLMyst
A Defias Bandit
There's a huge problem with the possess option in WTLK... There's no exit button on vehicles you ride on for quests. For example, the tank in borean there's no exit button. I can see the other 4 icons but not the exit. The bull mamoth just has 3 icons but no exit button either. What am I doing wrong???

11-16-08, 03:29 AM   #369
Shokubo
A Kobold Labourer
Question Keybind/vehicle help

Hey, great addon this is, but i feel little confused about this little thing i want to do

I wanna have a bar, that would have two states.

first state: i would have like 3 macros here bound to a keys "1 and 2 and 3" . In this state the bar should be hidden.
second state: vehicle bar, i understand this is the possesion bar? i would love the keybinds to switch for the vehicle buttons, so that "1 and 2 and 3" are now bound to the vehicle actions. and when i leave the vehicle they will switch back to the macros in first state.

problems i encountered: i do not really understand how to make the linking bars and didn't comprehand it from the FAQ, I dont know how to bind one key to multiple actions. + and that might be a problem, i want those keybinds stay in the first state when I use Mind control spell. From what i have learned, the mindcontroled mob is not a pet, but a possession? Damn this is confusing

sorry for my bad english, and sorry that i don't understand the faq

11-16-08, 11:27 AM   #370
Icycoldmilk
A Defias Bandit
So, yea the Possess is not that good as it is missing the dismount button... I have a work around for it. First make your normal set up, then save it as Profile1. Then make another profile with the default blizzard Frame, save it as Profile2. After this make the following two macros.
Macro1
/Macaroon Load Profile1
Macro2
/Macaroon Load Profile2
The only down side is your can't key bind the Default Blizzard frame with Macaroon.

Note: Profile names are Case Sensitive

This is my lil work around... What I would like to see is when you get in an something such as a Siege weapon, Harpoon Gun and what not... the Default Frame would take over as if you where not using Macarron and be key bind able.

11-16-08, 01:23 PM   #371
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
To make an exit button, just make this macro and put it on your possession bar:

/script VehicleExit();

Additionally, you can always exit a vehicle by right clicking your portrait.

11-16-08, 01:53 PM   #372
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by tejing View Post
I'm trying to get around the problem described here

http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...bug&bugid=5148

using linked bars. I've made a bar which has an empty normal state and the pet buttons for the possess state (possess is all it's marked for), and I've linked in a second bar which does stances, shift, and prowl for me. (linked to the normal state of the previous bar... It all works fine but for one thing... when in possess state my other bar's keybinds still seem to be active. how should I get around this?

To review:
NoPossess = bar with forms, prowl, shift enabled, and buttons on each (bound to 1 through =) Linked to Main state Normal
Main = bar with possess state, no buttons on Normal, and pet buttons on Possess, which are also bound to 1 through =.

Any help with the keybinds would be appreciated... I have to assume I'm doing something wrong.
Tejing
edit: Hmm... actually, the keybinds work UNTIL I press shift. changing the state of the hidden bar. Guess it's a bug after all. I'm going to do this a different way and put the shift state on its own bar instead.
edit: yup, that works alright.
I cant tell you how to do this via linked bars, but I can tell you how to do it via custom states. Create a bar, and check "Custom" - then in the text area type the following:

[mod:shift]
[bonusbar:5]
[stealth]
[stance:1]
[stance:2]
[stance:3]
[stance:4]
[stance:5]
[stance:6]

or, if you wanted your shift bar to be controled by what form your in, use this instead:

[stealth]
[stance:1, nomod]
[stance:1, mod:shift]
[stance:2, nomod]
[stance:2, mod:shift]
[stance:3, nomod]
[stance:3, mod:shift]
[stance:4, nomod]
[stance:4, mod:shift]
[stance:5, nomod]
[stance:5, mod:shift]
[stance:6, nomod]
[stance:6, mod:shift]

When setting up your keybinds, you need to bind every bar. Macaroon allows you to use the same binding on multiple keys, and it will use whatever of the abilities is active when you press the button, so in your case you will need to bind 1 through = for every bar (you'll see that when you have more than one of the same binding the tooltip in bind mode will show a + next to the key its bound to, ex "+1"). Its a good idea when doing this to Lock each button after you have bound it (left click buttons to lock them).

11-16-08, 04:26 PM   #373
Dookl
A Defias Bandit
Xp Bar resizing

So when I try to resize the XP bar as it lengthens it also grows in size. I just want it long and skinny any suggestions on what I am doing or not doing to make this happen? I saw in the top post on this page Yhor had the xp bar like how I want to get mine but for the life of me I cannot figure this one out =/.

Thanks

11-16-08, 04:56 PM   #374
BadCompany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Dang Buttons!

OK, I've completely redone my buttons twice now... both times starting from scratch by reinstalling Macaroon while clearing out the .lua's in the WTF folder. This is mucho aggravating, and I hope it's something I can fix without a third start-over.

For one day, all was good. Then when I began placing skills/macros/items onto my buttons, replacing what was there, those new things began proliferating across my bars. They began replacing the attacks on my main bar... duplicating themselves. Now my button ID 121 is tied to button ID 4, and 4 more buttons have replaced the main-bar buttons whose IDs are 2 thru 6. Whatever I place into either location overwrites the other location.

I hope this is fixable, because I was enjoying Macaroon.

Bar 1 ID 1 is now tied to Bar 2 ID 47
Bar 1 ID 2 is now tied to Bar 2 ID 48
Bar 1 ID 3 is now tied to Bar 2 ID 49
Bar 1 ID 4 is now tied to Bar 3 ID 101
Bar 1 ID 5 is now tied to Bar 3 ID 102
Bar 1 ID 6 is now tied to Bar 3 ID 103.

I have not tried linking, or custom states, or anything fancy. Yesterday my Bar 1 worked GREAT, switching appropriately to Possession when I used a Steam Tonk Controller. This is driving me crazy.

Last edited by BadCompany : 11-16-08 at 05:10 PM.

11-16-08, 05:14 PM   #375
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dookl View Post
So when I try to resize the XP bar as it lengthens it also grows in size. I just want it long and skinny any suggestions on what I am doing or not doing to make this happen? I saw in the top post on this page Yhor had the xp bar like how I want to get mine but for the life of me I cannot figure this one out =/.

Thanks
use button edit mode (as opposed to bar edit mode) and right click the XP bar, that should give you some additional options to do what you want.

OK, I've completely redone my buttons twice now... both times starting from scratch by reinstalling Macaroon while clearing out the .lua's in the WTF folder. This is mucho aggravating, and I hope it's something I can fix without a third start-over.

For one day, all was good. Then when I began placing skills/macros/items onto my buttons, replacing what was there, those new things began proliferating across my bars. They began replacing the attacks on my main bar... duplicating themselves. Now my button ID 121 is tied to button ID 4, and 4 more buttons have replaced the main-bar buttons whose IDs are 2 thru 6. Whatever I place into either location overwrites the other location.

I hope this is fixable, because I was enjoying Macaroon.
I cant say what exactly is causing your problem, it sounds as if you might have a conflict between Macaroon and some other mod - however, you might be able to work around this regardless of whats causing it. You seem to be using Action buttons for most of your abilities, this is not the best way to do things: Instead go into button edit mode and left click each button until they read "Macro" (not "Action"), then drag your spells onto the bar as you would normally. What this does is use Macaroon's special type of button that are actually all macro's, but they can function exactly the same as a normal button if you dont need the extra functionality (there are also an unlimited number of these buttons, unlike action buttons). Give that a try and see if it fixes your problem.

11-16-08, 05:25 PM   #376
BadCompany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Gonna try that now... I had already changed lots of them to Macro from the default Action... will try changing all of them and report back.

I have no other bar mod addons running, I hope this fixes it.

Crap... queue position 848 hope to get on soon.

And thanx Feldoth for the quick response, it makes my day to know there is help out there.

Last edited by BadCompany : 11-16-08 at 05:29 PM.

11-16-08, 06:43 PM   #377
BadCompany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I cant say what exactly is causing your problem, it sounds as if you might have a conflict between Macaroon and some other mod - however, you might be able to work around this regardless of whats causing it. You seem to be using Action buttons for most of your abilities, this is not the best way to do things: Instead go into button edit mode and left click each button until they read "Macro" (not "Action"), then drag your spells onto the bar as you would normally. What this does is use Macaroon's special type of button that are actually all macro's, but they can function exactly the same as a normal button if you dont need the extra functionality (there are also an unlimited number of these buttons, unlike action buttons). Give that a try and see if it fixes your problem.[/quote]

OK, back in game... changed the Action Buttons to Macro buttons, and lost the Possess buttons
Gonna try the custom states version instead of possess... made a new bar 1 as custom, and put this in the box:
[stealth]
But the bar does not appear, so I cant add skills to it

Gonna make a bar 6 to be the possess version, i presume i set it's custom state to [bonusbar:5], but still dont know what else to do, or how to populate it's buttons.

11-16-08, 07:07 PM   #378
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
I cant say what exactly is causing your problem, it sounds as if you might have a conflict between Macaroon and some other mod - however, you might be able to work around this regardless of whats causing it. You seem to be using Action buttons for most of your abilities, this is not the best way to do things: Instead go into button edit mode and left click each button until they read "Macro" (not "Action"), then drag your spells onto the bar as you would normally. What this does is use Macaroon's special type of button that are actually all macro's, but they can function exactly the same as a normal button if you dont need the extra functionality (there are also an unlimited number of these buttons, unlike action buttons). Give that a try and see if it fixes your problem.
OK, back in game... changed the Action Buttons to Macro buttons, and lost the Possess buttons
Gonna try the custom states version instead of possess... made a new bar 1 as custom, and put this in the box:
[stealth]
But the bar does not appear, so I cant add skills to it

Gonna make a bar 6 to be the possess version, i presume i set it's custom state to [bonusbar:5], but still dont know what else to do, or how to populate it's buttons.
On the previous page I posted a guide for setting up a possession bar, ironically for that you actually need to use Action buttons ([bonusbar:5] refers to the set of action buttons that become active when you are possessing something). Take a look at that post and see if it fixes your problem, hopefully it wont trigger your old problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bar not appearing, but have you tried left clicking the bar while in "bar edit" mode? This rotates through the states the bar has so that you can put spells on them (and remember that you need to tell macaroon how many buttons each bar should have - each state can have a different number and all of them default to 0).

11-16-08, 07:24 PM   #379
BadCompany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is a mess... and I don't even do drugs. Now when I'm placing skills/macros/items onto buttons, it changes them from macro to action buttons and they start duplicating other already placed buttons

11-16-08, 08:14 PM   #380
BadCompany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It seems that the moment I drag a macro from the Blizzard macro screen onto one of my buttons, its button type immediately changes to Action Button. Once that happens, these action buttons start taking over other buttons on other bars. If I then change it back to Macro Button, the macro I placed there is thrown out and I get an empty button. I am not using any macro addons, just Macaroon. It looks like I might have to not use my Blizzard macros, and that is a bummer, because I like dragging them onto and off of my bars. I don't wanna have to rewrite the macro into the Macaroon macro button every time I wanna replace it with a different macro.

Last edited by BadCompany : 11-16-08 at 08:25 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!