I wasn't sure what I changed to make that box appear...lol

Bergs

HypnoCat stares into your soul !!!
06-27-07, 06:07 PM   #282
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Everyone or anyone. I NEED help!
I am currently making a new skin, but stuck in the middle of the process of completing it atm... Since I don't have WoW installed anymore, I cannot test it out myself. So please, I would like anyone to try this out and post a SS with target selected. I need to check to see how does the entire skin fits in the game, especially the targetcave with the bottom textures. The process of using this skin is very simple (same method as the old MazzleUi version).

- All you have to do is copy and paste the new textures .blp into whichever skin folder you chose to play as when you re/mazzify to the new Mazzle version.
- For example: If I mazzified and used NE skin, all I have to do is make a backup file textures for the NE skin and paste over the new skins to test. Once you do that, log into the game and the new textures shoudl replace whatever textures that you overwrited. But REMEMBER to backup the textures that you're replacing otherwise you will either have to redownload Mazzle to get those textures back or so.

- Files included now are: Bottom1.blp, Bottom2.blp, Bottom3.blp, Bottom4.blp, FloatingCave.blp
- Attachment is at the bottom of this post.
- EDIT: oh also please note if the coordination text color is viewable or not so I will have to adjust the coordination color area under the map as well. And any hot spots... etc... and spaces etc... (all this will be shown in SS)

Thanks a lot,
123noob

---As soon as the SS is up, I will make any changes possible and complete the new skin by tomorrow or tonight.

Screen Shots of the textures (in PSD)

These are not completed yet, especially the TargetCave, I will try to add in more details to it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NewSkin_TEST.zip (19.3 KB, 474 views)

Last edited by 123noob : 06-27-07 at 06:12 PM.
06-27-07, 08:28 PM   #283
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Here ya go

Last edited by Arkive : 10-13-08 at 04:47 AM.
06-27-07, 09:28 PM   #284
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks a lot Arkive ! now all that is left is completing the skin.
06-27-07, 09:37 PM   #285
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hmm...looking at the screenshots, that texture looks awfully bright. I think it might be hard to read chat text on.

There also seems to be a border between the target cave and the bottom panels. Frankly, I don't know how easy that would be to fix. Unless you start with one large texture that you later split into parts, it will probably be hard to match the two gradients.

But overall, it looks like a very sharp new skin.
06-27-07, 09:59 PM   #286
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ahhh, totally forgot about that method... all these time I've been doing piece by piece of ur original textures... well time to start from scratch using that method, then there won't be gradient problem nemore. Thanks for the reminder Mazzle.
06-27-07, 10:12 PM   #287
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you're going to do some fundamental alterations, allow me to make a suggestion. Perhaps you can find a way to make it darker in parts, or at least darker in the the target cave and left portion of the panel where the chat frames are. Both those area have text that would be hard to read on a bright background. In addition, you may want to consider something with more a bluish-metal tint to match the color scheme in the unit frames. Just an idea.
06-28-07, 03:32 AM   #288
stec
A Cliff Giant
I think Gun metal black would be an ace colour to use, id provide a screenshot or sample of the colour but works probably gonna hang me soon
06-28-07, 04:10 AM   #289
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Color alteration shouldn't be a difficult job, so I'll just go ahead and finish with the outline first, then a different color. I did thought about matching it with the unitframe; moreover, I did even planned to create an outline for the target's hp/mp on the side of targetcave. However, it just an idea I thougt up... lol. For the color, I'll also make it more metal like as well, going to add brushed metal in it.
06-28-07, 04:23 AM   #290
stec
A Cliff Giant
Something like this colour maybe

http://www.excaliberpc.com/Antec_P18...id-578713.html
06-28-07, 05:32 AM   #291
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

That's a good color,and I'm sure Mazzle was suggesting something like that as well.
06-28-07, 07:36 AM   #292
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
The metallic theme idea is great, but I tend to agree with Mazzle...some color would be nice (and this is coming from someone who loves black). Maybe something like this, but darker, and with a more "brushed" look:

I wouldn't mind seeing that gunmetal black theme though too, just to see how it looks
06-28-07, 07:47 AM   #293
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Vote here for gun-metal. Looks like I found meh theme...lovely work, man.
06-28-07, 10:55 AM   #294
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, I think that black shiny metal looks really sharp too.
06-28-07, 02:50 PM   #295
spyder
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
More like this?? If you all like this I can try more. I will probably try to refine it anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom1.png
Views:	508
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	1232  
06-28-07, 02:59 PM   #296
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
That's hawt.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
06-28-07, 03:27 PM   #297
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Well... remade the entire thing and here's the sketch SS of it after compiling the pieces into one. I haven't done the casting bar yet, but that shouldn't take too long. This is last test for this, I'd like to see how the minimap piece fits and few minor things I was worrying over. Please try it out and post a SS.

The attachment is at the bottom of the post. Now I'm going to a few hour break while waiting for SS.. spent 6 hrs straight for this... I'm so slow.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test2.zip (104.2 KB, 512 views)
06-28-07, 03:35 PM   #298
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's the Fix on the casting bar border and the FuBar background someone requested.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-28-07, 06:35 PM   #299
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by 123noob
Well... remade the entire thing and here's the sketch SS of it after compiling the pieces into one. I haven't done the casting bar yet, but that shouldn't take too long. This is last test for this, I'd like to see how the minimap piece fits and few minor things I was worrying over. Please try it out and post a SS.

The attachment is at the bottom of the post. Now I'm going to a few hour break while waiting for SS.. spent 6 hrs straight for this... I'm so slow.
That looks nice. I think I speak for many future users when I say thanks for making these.

Anyway, I'll try it out and add it as another skin. When you finish the rest of the artwork, I'll just drop them in.

P.S. And, if it's any consolation, playing with Photoshop for six hours is far more fun than trying to get Decursive and BigWigs to configure and place their frames correctly in all aspects, which is what I spent six hours doing yesterday. Oy.
06-28-07, 07:09 PM   #300
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I just tried it in game and it looks great. I think I like this one as much as your druid one. There's only two things I noticed. First, the border between the target cave and the main panel doesn't seem to connect. You can see it the screenshot you posted as well. Second, the four corners of the target cave have such clearly delineated circles in them that the target hotspot buttons are slightly off when they show up. If you look at this screenshot, you might see what I mean.

I'll try to see if I can adjust the positions of the buttons slightly without messing up their placement in other skins. I'll let you know how that works out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062807_204945.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	1235  

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 06-28-07 at 08:00 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleExtraSkinsPackage