03-31-08, 08:04 AM   #181
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Llydapdicter View Post
Well, I ran WAU over and over and over again never made Omen work but I did have Ace3 installed. So I went and downloaded Omen and installed directly. YAY it worked. WAU is screwing up apparently but all in all, it works now and I am content. Thank-you for all the suggestions and advice and the effort being put forth into solving our gaming crisis.
I installed ace3, and then Omen, using WAU and Omen is working fine for me.

Marth

03-31-08, 08:04 AM   #182
sakiko
A Fallenroot Satyr

mend pet button

Hi, I am a hunter since i started wow and Mazzle setup is setting on left side of your minimap a bongos hotkey to heal your pet (Ctrl+X) so i usually disable the kotj mendpet button so i only end up with the pet feed button only poping over my pet when he needs it . So in game you type /kotj mendpet off if you want to remove the mend pet button from your screen (note that will disappear after you relog in the game and kotj = king of the jungle (the addon that show you these buttons)

i hope it helps and btw you could have a bugsack error if you mouse over your pet so you have to type in game /duf , then you select pet and special box. on left menu of duf seek at the bottom (happiness icon) and seek the (disable tooltip) box to check, Should be at bottom of that option window of pet. And youll avoid the error

hope it helps
03-31-08, 09:44 AM   #183
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by shadow1981 View Post
anyone know if we get a fix 2 download for mazzleui
workin on it.... Hopefully, I can get in touch w/ DeTard and roll his upates into mine so we have a simple install process...

Originally Posted by Peneth View Post
I had to do a complete re-install of Mazzle after something (prolly SCT or Omen) bugging out as well as my Fubar failing. After downloading specific Library (Babble) these 4 were the errors I got.

Disabled witchhunt and had a perfect Mazzle load.
and
Originally Posted by Dalladubb View Post
It seems most of the problems are Witchhunt as of now. How about we exclude that for now? I vote for that.

I'm a dev and I understand the want for perfection, but why not get with Mazzle and release a public beta excluding Witchhunt? That way you'll get a ton more bug reports enabling you to get closer to perfection. People want Mazzle, devs want perfection, this way you get both.
Actually WitchHunt works perfectly fine, if you follow the instructions in the OP for disabling the MazzleUI_Preloader for it.

On the beta thing.... That's mazzle's call not mine. I'm just a random guy that really wants a working mazzle (and to update it to bongos3).

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
I installed ace3, and then Omen, using WAU and Omen is working fine for me.
I'd like to take a moment to say... Use JWoWUpdater instead of WAU. More features and it doesn't have this probem.

It'll also update mods from wowui, wow interface, and curse.

JWoWUpdater also does not use an insecure (read: could allow a nasty ad to install a virus/keylogger) .NET control to show ads. Actually, it doesn't know any ads. Not that I have a problem w/ ads; I just have a bit of a tin foil hat when it comes to comp sec.

The aluminium case on an iMac keeps the aliens off my hard drive, right?

Originally Posted by sakiko View Post
Hi, I am a hunter since i started wow and Mazzle setup is setting on left side of your minimap a bongos hotkey to heal your pet (Ctrl+X) so i usually disable the kotj mendpet button so i only end up with the pet feed button only poping over my pet when he needs it . So in game you type /kotj mendpet off if you want to remove the mend pet button from your screen (note that will disappear after you relog in the game and kotj = king of the jungle (the addon that show you these buttons)

i hope it helps and btw you could have a bugsack error if you mouse over your pet so you have to type in game /duf , then you select pet and special box. on left menu of duf seek at the bottom (happiness icon) and seek the (disable tooltip) box to check, Should be at bottom of that option window of pet. And youll avoid the error

hope it helps
Since I don't have a hunter, this is difficult for me to work on. I will look into the KotJ code and see if anything sticks out.

I'll also see if i can find a version of DUF that is being maintained.
03-31-08, 11:30 AM   #184
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
I'd like to take a moment to say... Use JWoWUpdater instead of WAU. More features and it doesn't have this probem.

It'll also update mods from wowui, wow interface, and curse.

JWoWUpdater also does not use an insecure (read: could allow a nasty ad to install a virus/keylogger) .NET control to show ads. Actually, it doesn't know any ads. Not that I have a problem w/ ads; I just have a bit of a tin foil hat when it comes to comp sec.

The aluminium case on an iMac keeps the aliens off my hard drive, right?
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one - I hate Java and will do everythign I can NOT to deal with crap that uses it.

Talk about bloat And I don't have problems with ads - there are applications out there that take care of those for ya

Thanks for your hard work on updating Mazzle!

Marth

03-31-08, 12:03 PM   #185
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Off topic but i need to ask this .

Does JWoWUpdater also skip .SVN folder addons ?

Thanks in advance.
- ViCi -
03-31-08, 12:13 PM   #186
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Viciusan View Post
Off topic but i need to ask this .

Does JWoWUpdater also skip .SVN folder addons ?

Thanks in advance.
- ViCi -
Yes, yes it will.
03-31-08, 12:25 PM   #187
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one - I hate Java and will do everythign I can NOT to deal with crap that uses it.

Talk about bloat And I don't have problems with ads - there are applications out there that take care of those for ya

Thanks for your hard work on updating Mazzle!
must not start .net vs java flamewar. must not start java vs .net flamewar... must not start java vs. .net flamewar....

there I feel better...

The one thing that really got me was that the ads loaded in IE instead of the default browser (firefox). That was before I looked at how they were loading the ads as a webpage on wowace.com that had only an ad on it. Loading a picture and firing an event to load a link is one thing. Skipping any security or browser choice in place by loading a standard intertubes banner ad through a platform known for it's insecurity (IE and by extension the .NET controls that use it) is not something I'll stand for. Implementation was the reason I searched for another updater, not the ads themselves.

fortunately, I have a mac now and can't even think of using .net or activeX, let alone worry about securing my computer against attack through them.
03-31-08, 03:25 PM   #188
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
got a problem since 2.4 k when i hover my cursor over a alliance or horde usually there name and cvlass etc would be in a nice floating window to the left middle of screen far as i can remember, anyways now its down in the very bottom right of my screen and it also doesnt show me who they are targeting unless i actually click on the person and look who they are targeting from there icon thingy in the bottom middle...sorry if it doesnt make much sense but would appreciate some help if possible..also some bug sack errors

[2008/03/31 22:22:07-401-x1]: <string>:"*:OnEvent":2: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
<string>:"*:OnEvent":2: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

DetachedMiniButtons\DetachedMiniButtons.lua:380: attempt to index global 'MiniMapTrackingFrame' (a nil value)
DetachedMiniButtons\DetachedMiniButtons.lua:396: in function `DMBS_DoInit'
DetachedMiniButtons\DetachedMiniButtons.lua:1014: in function `DMBS_OnUpdate'
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

---

2008/03/31 22:25:38-401-x1]: nQuestLog-1.0\modules\DetailsFrame.lua:139: attempt to index global 'escapeDetector' (a nil value)
MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Core.lua:650: in function `nQuestToggle'
<string>:"MAZZLEUIQUEST":1: in function <[string "MAZZLEUIQUEST"]:1>
03-31-08, 03:26 PM   #189
LadyLarke
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by LadyLarke View Post

Other than that, seems stable.

Nothing coming up for my error? Or did it just get missed?
03-31-08, 03:56 PM   #190
Foeggy
A Murloc Raider
Okay, just updated everything with JWoW, and now my HUD looks like this.

It won't let me mazzify

Last edited by Foeggy : 03-31-08 at 04:04 PM.
03-31-08, 04:17 PM   #191
Wardog72
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Foeggy View Post

It won't let me mazzify
That just happened to me also. Mazzle is not loading at all and Mazzle won't manually load as it's "missing dependencies". One of the addons that just updated via JWoW borked us...

Note: this is the only error I have in Bugsack
[2008/03/31 17:31:38-359-x1]: moveFrames-1.0\core.lua:79: AceHook-2.1: Attempt to hook a non-existant function "MovePanelToCenter"
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (Ace2):926: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:919>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):260: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):910: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:903>

Last edited by Wardog72 : 03-31-08 at 04:37 PM.
03-31-08, 04:41 PM   #192
Wolvig
Premium Member
Ok Same happened to me .I went back and replaced all Mazzle dependencies from back up and BanzaiLib was missing from my Addons file .Now Mazzle works.So try replaceing BanzaiLib and see what happens.
03-31-08, 04:59 PM   #193
Foeggy
A Murloc Raider
Still didn't help :\

!!MazzleUI_Preloader\Preloader.lua:5: in function <Interface\AddOns\!!MazzleUI_Preloader\Preloader.lua:4>
03-31-08, 05:01 PM   #194
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Same problem here. I installed BanzaiLib again and all is fine.
03-31-08, 05:50 PM   #195
Wardog72
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Thoragh View Post
Same problem here. I installed BanzaiLib again and all is fine.
No dice. I installed Banzailib and updated via JWoW and still no Mazzle. Should I not update Banzailib? I'm unsure about re-installing other dependencies (especially since I'm ignorant of what a dependency consists of, not dumb, just ignorant...) so I'm usure if there's more I need to do...

Just did what was suggested below by MaybeHoP and still nothing...

Last edited by Wardog72 : 03-31-08 at 06:21 PM.
03-31-08, 06:02 PM   #196
MaybeHoP
Premium Member
Premium Member
I had the same problem after running jwowupdater. I downloaded BanzaiLib from http:files.wowace.com/sw-b.html and placed it in my Addons folder. Everythings working fine now.
03-31-08, 07:09 PM   #197
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Maybe you are missing something else. Check and see what the other dependencies are and see if you are missing them.
03-31-08, 07:55 PM   #198
Denwop
A Murloc Raider
mazzle error after fix's

hello again,
I have 14 errors in bugsack when I log in and click "open Mazzifier"
I am goin to go in order 1st
[2008/03/31 20:23:35-873-x1]: Mazzifier\Mazzifier.lua:413: ')' expected near '0'
<in C code>: in function `LoadAddOn'
MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Core.lua:161: in function `LoadMazzifier'
MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Fubar.lua:44: in function `func'
Dewdrop-2.0-56529 (Cartographer):721: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:660>

---

[2008/03/31 20:23:35-873-x1]: Mazzifier\Mazzifier_GUI.lua:20: attempt to index global 'Mazzifier' (a nil value)
Dewdrop-2.0-56529 (Cartographer):721: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:660>

---

[2008/03/31 20:23:35-873-x1]: Mazzifier\Mazzifier_GUI_AS.lua:29: attempt to index global 'Mazzifier' (a nil value)

---

[2008/03/31 20:23:35-873-x1]: Mazzifier\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:17: attempt to index global 'Mazzifier' (a nil value)

---

that is the 1st 4 that show up.. I have a hunch that if one thing is change it is all fixed because most of them are in the same files.. but I know minimum in coding

thanks for the help
03-31-08, 08:15 PM   #199
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by sora420 View Post
got a problem since 2.4 k when i hover my cursor over a alliance or horde usually there name and cvlass etc would be in a nice floating window to the left middle of screen far as i can remember, anyways now its down in the very bottom right of my screen and it also doesnt show me who they are targeting unless i actually click on the person and look who they are targeting from there icon thingy in the bottom middle...sorry if it doesnt make much sense but would appreciate some help if possible..also some bug sack errors

[2008/03/31 22:22:07-401-x1]: <string>:"*:OnEvent":2: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
<string>:"*:OnEvent":2: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

DetachedMiniButtons\DetachedMiniButtons.lua:380: attempt to index global 'MiniMapTrackingFrame' (a nil value)
DetachedMiniButtons\DetachedMiniButtons.lua:396: in function `DMBS_DoInit'
DetachedMiniButtons\DetachedMiniButtons.lua:1014: in function `DMBS_OnUpdate'
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

---

2008/03/31 22:25:38-401-x1]: nQuestLog-1.0\modules\DetailsFrame.lua:139: attempt to index global 'escapeDetector' (a nil value)
MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Core.lua:650: in function `nQuestToggle'
<string>:"MAZZLEUIQUEST":1: in function <[string "MAZZLEUIQUEST"]:1>
Tinytip changed a bunch recently an only within the last few weeks became usable again... that's your first problem. for now you'lll have ot set it up manually.

first lua error: DetachedMiniButtons is not a mazzle addon and not part of any of hte addon packs. You'll have ot go to it's author for that one.

second lua error: recent changes to nQuestlog and LightHeaded require that both be updated. look to OP for instructions.

Originally Posted by Foeggy View Post

It won't let me mazzify
You're missing dependencies for the mazzifier. Mouse over the mazzifier in your addon settings to see a list of them and which are missing.

Originally Posted by LadyLarke View Post
Nothing coming up for my error? Or did it just get missed?
not sure on yours... I'll look into it on the ptr once they're back up for 2.4.2...

Originally Posted by Wardog72 View Post
No dice. I installed Banzailib and updated via JWoW and still no Mazzle. Should I not update Banzailib? I'm unsure about re-installing other dependencies (especially since I'm ignorant of what a dependency consists of, not dumb, just ignorant...) so I'm usure if there's more I need to do...

Just did what was suggested below by MaybeHoP and still nothing...
Depedencies are libraries or other addons that are required by a given addon to function. Instead of trying to load he addon anyway when they are missing and throwing a lot of errors, WoW simply refuses to load addons w/ missing dependencies.
03-31-08, 08:16 PM   #200
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by MaybeHoP View Post
I had the same problem after running jwowupdater. I downloaded BanzaiLib from http:files.wowace.com/sw-b.html and placed it in my Addons folder. Everythings working fine now.
This was exactly the case for me. What has happened is, they've changed the name of BanzaiLib to LibBanzai-2.0. You can use the old version as MaybeHoP says above, or you can go into AddOns\MazzleUI\MazzleUI.toc and change "BanzaiLib" to "LibBanzai-2.0" in the "## Dependencies:" line. I just did that, and the "Dependency Missing" errors went away. Now we'll see if it actually works, which is another matter entirely ...

Well it does seem to have worked. This is good.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread