05-28-08, 02:13 PM   #21
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You still haven't told us if you tried disabling all addons and running the game (just in case), or if your drivers have been updated.

05-28-08, 03:44 PM   #22
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Moondoom View Post
my power supply it's a new 430W one...
How much of your hardware is "new" to your machine, and how long since it was added that your problems surfaced? Sometimes "new" doesn't mean it works properly... I'm not saying this is the issue either, just don't want to rule anything out.

You still haven't told us if you tried disabling all addons and running the game (just in case), or if your drivers have been updated.
Not trying to beat a dead horse, just don't want to overlook anything.

Last edited by Yhor : 05-28-08 at 03:49 PM.
05-28-08, 06:31 PM   #23
Ariele
A Cyclonian

I have Zotac 8800GT AMP! edition. The drivers i got with it crashed all the time,when i logged into windows. Got them uninstalled and put the newest 175.16 in, endning after some minutes with pcreboot, freezes only when playing wow or getting massage that i dont have directx 9.0c while trying to launch LOTRO.... lol??, but working in other games. So i go back to the last driver 169.21. Now i can play WoW and LOTRO without any issues.
06-01-08, 09:14 AM   #24
Moondoom
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
tried with them disabled, didn't do a thing, i stayed and ran around shattrah city about a hour and half :P
also, I was pretty pissed off after it freezed 3 times in a row while clearing ZA with a pug raid :| and I opened the case, saw a wire pretty close to the GPU ... dunno if that could cause such a mess or it's just paranoia, but i put that wire away from the GPU. Really hope it works ttill i don't lose my minds

btw, my lil nvidia rolls with directx 9.0c too
06-01-08, 09:16 AM   #25
Moondoom
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
How much of your hardware is "new" to your machine, and how long since it was added that your problems surfaced? Sometimes "new" doesn't mean it works properly... I'm not saying this is the issue either, just don't want to rule anything out.
all components are new, they have smth like 1.5 months...
06-01-08, 09:17 AM   #26
Moondoom
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
I updated the nvidia drivers to the latest. but the problem was still on, so i rolled back them...
06-01-08, 12:35 PM   #27
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Moondoom View Post
Hmm I can't play w/o addons That's why I even posted on this forum, seeking help...
This is why to test this..If it STOPS then its not your computer.. If its still doing it with out the addons then it is your computer.. Just try it and see
06-07-08, 01:14 AM   #28
Moondoom
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by tralkar View Post
This is why to test this..If it STOPS then its not your computer.. If its still doing it with out the addons then it is your computer.. Just try it and see
said in a post above, it still does the freezing thing without my addons (
Now I have no idea what to do, since I tested for viruses, spyware, memTest, registries are clean, hdds are defragmenteted and the temperatures are normal (
06-07-08, 01:27 AM   #29
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

When did you get this vidio card? it might be defective? Have you tryed and older one? I had this problem alon time ago, my screen would bluescreen and had to restart my computer.. This might be something to look into.. Maybe borrow a card from a friend if you dont have an older one.. But i would try this.. =)
06-07-08, 04:18 AM   #30
Moondoom
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by tralkar View Post
When did you get this vidio card? it might be defective? Have you tryed and older one? I had this problem alon time ago, my screen would bluescreen and had to restart my computer.. This might be something to look into.. Maybe borrow a card from a friend if you dont have an older one.. But i would try this.. =)
hmm I played Wow long time on my older PC and there I had no problems.
Not even on this new PC i didn't get any trouble before the 2.4 came in. Then it started all this annoying sh!t =/

the video card i'm using atm it's rather new, smth like 2 month old ...

Last edited by Moondoom : 06-07-08 at 04:26 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » A strange desktop freezing problem