06-02-08, 08:04 PM   #1
Deuce68
A Fallenroot Satyr
Highly Aggravated

I loved using MazzleUI before 2.4, got bummed when it didn't work after 2.4. Glad to see that its working again after D/L'ing the .16 core and .15 addonpack. But what sickens me is some of the addons in the pack. I'm not crazy about some like

baggins
bigwigs
book of crafts
aloft
drdamage
some of the fubars
king of the jungle
KLHThreatmeter
littlewigs
nquest
omni
quartz
sanity2
and some others i have no idea what they are for

So i try to add some of the ones i normally use like

Auctioneer
Grimoire keeper
necrosis
some fubar stuff
bagnon
equipcompare
monkey buddy and quest
easyunlock
picking skill
roguefocus classic
roguepowerbars
toons
skillup
openall3
bindingsreminder

But when i add those and update them using wowmatrix, log back in, i find bugsack with 50+ things for bongos and cartographer, and only 1 action bar that isn't movable. try to open bongos and it opens on the blizzard interface panel with just a few options.

Any way we can get a core/addon pack for mazzle with the basics like skins, units, minimap so then we can add our favorite addons that work for us instead of a pack of addons to use that are not our tastes. I'd rather use

atlas
atlasloot
bartender3
prat fubar
06-02-08, 08:25 PM   #2
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

It seems like what you did was leave all of the original addons that you were unsatisfied with, and then simply dropped the new ones you wanted to use into the folder, right?

In a perfect world, you could do this, but unfortunately in the world of scripting, things don't always play nice with each other. Most likely you have some addons that are conflicting with each other, and trying to do the same thing at the same time in a different way.

I would suggest doing this in baby steps if you really want to swap out a bunch of mods for ones that you prefer. For example, remove Baggins and then substitute Bagnon for it, log in, configure everything, and make sure it's playing nice with its new friends. Then do this again for nQuestLog and MonkeyQuest, and so on.

To be honest though, this can lead to a lot of extra frustration as well, since there are some mods that are hard-coded into the MazzleUI functions, and will throw errors if they're modified too much or replaced altogether.

I'm a long term MazzleUI user, and that's actually quite a feat. At the dawn of time, when the ancient, and legendary Cosmos UI started to become bloated, I pretty much swore off large compilations like this altogether. Then I had the misfortune of stumbling upon a preview screenshot of the soon to be MazzleUI, and drooled over that for 6 months until it was finally released. I've been using it ever since.

For a long while I was content to simply use the pack with a smile, and forget about all other addons that I've used before, but now that Mazzle has quit the game I can completely agree with you.

I would LOVE to see a rewrite of MazzleUI, that was more modular and had a bare bones option that would allow you to use Mazzle just for the basics like the skins, unit frames, context menu, etc and then allow you to integrate your own 3rd party mods to flesh out the rest of it.

Unfortunately though, I've come to believe that people like us who want that kind of functionality will be the purple people sitting all alone in the corner holding our breath.

06-03-08, 12:24 AM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Blu_Haze View Post
I would LOVE to see a rewrite of MazzleUI, that was more modular and had a bare bones option that would allow you to use Mazzle just for the basics like the skins, unit frames, context menu, etc and then allow you to integrate your own 3rd party mods to flesh out the rest of it.

Unfortunately though, I've come to believe that people like us who want that kind of functionality will be the purple people sitting all alone in the corner holding our breath.
That functionality has always been in there. Just choose one of the smaller options in the add-on selection part of the Mazzifier.
06-03-08, 05:31 AM   #4
Deuce68
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hmmm, that sounds like there is still hope, gives me an idea.

Thanks
06-03-08, 01:46 PM   #5
Deuce68
A Fallenroot Satyr
Which addons are required for mazzleUI to work right, like bongos, cartographer, etc...
06-03-08, 02:18 PM   #6
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Deuce68 View Post
Which addons are required for mazzleUI to work right, like bongos, cartographer, etc...
All the addons in the MazzleUI 1.16 Core pack and any library dependencies it requires that are in the addon pack. None of the extra addons in the addon pack (except those libraries that MazzleUI uses) are 'required'.
06-03-08, 07:25 PM   #7
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

That functionality has always been in there. Just choose one of the smaller options in the add-on selection part of the Mazzifier.
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of something that was designed from the ground up for this sort of purpose, rather than normal MazzleUI with most of the addons disabled.

Before I start putting my foot in my mouth, considering that I haven't actually done much in the way of testing or scrutinizing code, but so far it seems to me that there's a few things which are simply hard-coded into the mod. For example, last night I wanted to swap out ItemSync for KC_Items, but then I realized that even if this didn't start throwing errors, I wouldn't be able to utilize the hotspot for it any long unless I went in and changed the MazzleUI code myself. I found the code, and it doesn't look very complicated, however I was feeling lazy and decided to just get SellFish instead.

As I said earlier, I was completely content to simply utilize whatever mods you chose to add to the pack, and maybe throw in a couple very non-intrusive mods as well. However now that you're no longer playing, it feels as if a lot of the addons I'm using now are simply outdated and replaced with bigger and better things that may not work by simply dropping it into the folder (bongos 3, for example)

Now that there isn't any more official development of the UI (which, I honestly don't blame you) my idea of a perfect MazzleUI is one that allows you to write your own Mazzifier.

What I mean, is something that gives you the feel of MazzleUI (art work, hot spots, context menu, 3D characters, etc) without any real dependancies or other addons. Then allow us to choose our own bar mods, map mods, quest mods, class mods, etc with a freeform Mazzifier that allows you to simply input your own /commands and variables for the mods you install.

Anyway, I realize that this would require a large rewrite, and lots of time to accomplish. So instead of stamping my feet and yelling "MAKE IT SO!", then I'll be content to simply dream of better days for now.

06-03-08, 10:19 PM   #8
Deuce68
A Fallenroot Satyr
I like mazzleui for the skins and units. Most people can do without the mazzifier.

I spent around 8 hrs this afternoon and tonight going over each file in the addon pack, slowly deleting some and adding some others. I actually got it to work for the most part, parser kept throwing up a bug, the main chat window wouldn't resize for nothing but i was able to make other windows that were. Added a few more adds and then BAM, bongos threw up alot of bugs and right back to a weird control window and 1 action bar.

I think i have a bald spot now and a pile of hair on the floor.
06-03-08, 10:28 PM   #9
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I like mazzleui for the skins and units. Most people can do without the mazzifier.

I spent around 8 hrs this afternoon and tonight going over each file in the addon pack, slowly deleting some and adding some others. I actually got it to work for the most part, parser kept throwing up a bug, the main chat window wouldn't resize for nothing but i was able to make other windows that were. Added a few more adds and then BAM, bongos threw up alot of bugs and right back to a weird control window and 1 action bar.

I think i have a bald spot now and a pile of hair on the floor.
What was the addon that you added before bongos started throwing errors. My guess is it is another bar mod.
06-04-08, 08:30 PM   #10
Talonclaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Part of your problem (afaik) is that Bongos is the only bar mod that really works with MazzleCore at this time (and probably ever, although I think I saw that DocEVL is working on getting Bongos3 to work! much <3!!) I've had lots of luck just using MazzleCore with whatever else you want, as long as you don't replace a few of the main addons/dependencies. I think in the past I have used atlasloot with cartographer sucessfully, though I can't remember if I ever tried replacing cartographer with atlas.

If you're really intent on using your own addons and not the ones included with Mazzle you might just consider trying to do your own UI comp and trying to recreate the look of MazzleUI as best you can /shrug.
06-05-08, 05:33 PM   #11
Deuce68
A Fallenroot Satyr
After many attempts, I wiped everything clean. Started with the 1.16 core, installed the font folder, addon folder and wtf folders. Installed the 1.15 addon files into the addon folder. Ran wowmatrix to update them, logged in and flirted with a gnome. Everything popped up fine, bugsack flagged 1 error concerning parser.

Moved all the files to a temp folder, rounded up all the addons i personally want and placed them into the addon folder and update them with wowmatrix. Removed them and placed them in a folder and zipped it. Replaced all the 1.15 and 1.16 files back into the addon folder, added my addons to the addon folder and said a prayer, logged in.

IT'S WORKING !!!!! I got my Mazzle back

Just 2 small questions that i'm having a problem with.

How do you adjust the font size in the quest minion ? I got the zone font size adjusted, the quest font is huge.

How do I move the Tip window that pops up in the bottom right corner ?

The addons that i have added are:

ASSBlock
Bagnon
Doublewide
Easy Unlock
Fubars
-clock
-emote
-fuxp
-group
Grimoire Keeper
Necrosis
Open All
Skillup
Tom Tom

Still a few others i want.

Last edited by Deuce68 : 06-05-08 at 05:44 PM.
06-05-08, 05:53 PM   #12
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

After many attempts, I wiped everything clean. Started with the 1.16 core, installed the font folder, addon folder and wtf folders. Installed the 1.15 addon files into the addon folder. Ran wowmatrix to update them, logged in and flirted with a gnome. Everything popped up fine, bugsack flagged 1 error concerning parser.

Just 2 small questions that i'm having a problem with.

How do you adjust the font size in the quest minion ? I got the zone font size adjusted, the quest font is huge.

How do I move the Tip window that pops up in the bottom right corner ?
As far as the tip window, that is TinyTip. The author is in the process of recoding the entire thing and as such has released some unfinished version to ACe that WAU downloads. I would reccomend downloading the latest MazzleUI addon pack. This will take care of your TinyTip problem and should also take care of your parser error.

As for adjusting the quest font you can go into nQuestlog config window (right click on the Fubar plugin [top left corner next to bugsack by default]) There are options to set font sizes for everything from zone names, quest names, descriptions and objectives and a whole lot more.

However if you re-mazzify just remember to not check the box for nQuestlog or it will be reset to the MazzleUI defaults again.
06-05-08, 08:13 PM   #13
Deuce68
A Fallenroot Satyr
Downloaded the 1.16 addon pack, transfered the files over and updated everything. Logged on and redid the mazzifier ..... now it's just like it was a week ago, screwed up.
06-05-08, 08:35 PM   #14
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Downloaded the 1.16 addon pack, transfered the files over and updated everything. Logged on and redid the mazzifier ..... now it's just like it was a week ago, screwed up.
Just a question, what do you mean updated everything? You do not need to run WAU, all the addons are already updated in the addon pack except for those that will not work with Mazzle in their updated form. Also you should not need to remazzify anything.
06-05-08, 10:54 PM   #15
Deuce68
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ahhh ok, I just erased everything and copied the 1.16 core and addon pack over. Tomorrow I will log on and run the mazzilifer. If everything comes out ok, I will then save the WTF and Interface folders in a new folder and zip it for easier and quicker access for when I'm trying to see if all the other addons I want will work. I will post a list of which addons I am adding are working or not. Then try to find simular ones if any that will work.

Thanks for your help so far. If it wasn't for your help i would have done moved onto another UI config.
06-06-08, 05:40 PM   #16
Deuce68
A Fallenroot Satyr
Got the 1.16 core/addon files installed, logged in and ran around some. Saved the wtf and interface folders into a zip for safe keeping. Added the addons i listed above and set everything up and no major issues. Got those wtf and interface with my addons and settings saved in a zip. Still got a few more to add but ill do that later, i'm sick of messing with it for a week and time to play some.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Highly Aggravated