05-12-08, 10:13 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Blizzcon™ 2008 Announced

BLIZZCON™ 2008 ANNOUNCED

Back by popular demand, and now with 50% more hall space for your convention-going enjoyment, BlizzCon officially returns to the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA, on October 10–11. Join us for another epic celebration -- meet your guildmates and fellow gamers from around the world; spend some quality time with current and upcoming Blizzard games; and partake in the contests, tournaments, and developer discussion panels that make up BlizzCon.

Press Release:

Blizzard Entertainment® gaming convention returns to Anaheim Convention Center October 10–11

PARIS, France. May 12, 2008 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its third BlizzCon™ gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on October 10 and 11. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®'s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises. In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, this year's event has expanded from two convention halls to three.
"Whenever we've been able to meet and interact with Blizzard gamers from around the world, it's been a great experience for us," stated Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We're looking forward to seeing even more of our players at this year's BlizzCon and delivering another entertaining and informative event for them."
BlizzCon will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:
  • Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment releases
  • Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
  • Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
  • Areas and activities devoted to licensed products such as the World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game
  • Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
  • Commemorative merchandise based on the Blizzard Entertainment franchises
  • A silent auction
  • More exciting activities to be announced
Tickets for BlizzCon will go on sale in the next few weeks at a price of $100 USD per person. As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website: www.blizzcon.com.

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-12-08 at 12:20 PM.
05-13-08, 03:13 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OK, time to see what cash I can scrape up and who has the cheapest flights (aka Cattle Car Class) to the States.
05-13-08, 04:09 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I just came back from Anaheim..... was $282.49 USD round trip with American Airlines. I've flown with them the last 3 trips because of the great airfare offers (I'm normally flying to Chicago and not California though).
05-13-08, 07:36 AM   #4
highlanderhcs
A Murloc Raider
Love to go.. but they need a blizzcon in Chicago.. can't afford a trip cross country
05-13-08, 10:00 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
My hubby and I are going.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-14-08, 09:22 PM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I plan on going too!
05-15-08, 12:06 AM   #7
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Went last year, will diffently go this year. (it helps that I live 30 mins south of disneyland)

---my spelling sucks
05-17-08, 10:56 AM   #8
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I wish I could go, but I don't have enough money for a plane ticket to California and back to Michigan..

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-17-08, 11:48 AM   #9
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
I wish I could go, but I don't have enough money for a plane ticket to California and back to Michigan..
I feel your pain Dreadlorde... I'm in North Carolina.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Blizzcon™ 2008 Announced