03-10-08, 12:41 AM   #1
SwizzNiz
A Kobold Labourer
Lightheaded Trouble -- No Addon check box

Hello...

This is my first time ever looking into an addon for quicker questing. I had a friend suggest Lightheaded to me, took me 3 seconds to find the link to get started.

I've searched through all of the FAQs and Install help quide and I haven't come any closer to a resolution to my issue, so, i'll start with how I saved the file...

Saved as such:

My Computer > Local Disk > Program Files > World of Warcraft > Interface > Addons > and then I proceeded to create a 'MyModFolder A' to save the file to.

Once inside the 'MyModFolder' I obviously extracted the files and checked, double checked all the files to make sure everything that should be included, was included and it all files that were said to be there, were.

The Download, installation and extraction all went well without errors. I don't have more then one WOWdirectory.

My issue is that when I log onto my toon I don't have an 'Addon' box avaliable to me to check to enable the addon?

I am by no means an expert on my machine but I followed the directions to the best of my ability and even talked to a friend who knows more about computers then I do and even with his help I landed at square one, thinking about what else I could try to figure it out.

I have no idea what the deal is. I have no expertise into the subject matter to understand where I might have gone wrong, but this addon is suppose to be awesome and I'd love to use it if someone could just point me in the right direction.

A solid solution or any feed back would be awesome.

Take care and have fun

-Muck
03-10-08, 02:05 AM   #2
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
My Computer > Local Disk > Program Files > World of Warcraft > Interface > Addons > and then I proceeded to create a 'MyModFolder A'
So you have them in the directory:
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\MyModFolder A\Lightheaded ?

Just move the Lightheaded folder up to the Addons folder than it should be found.
03-10-08, 09:37 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The FAQ here has a nice description and pretty pictures to help you understand: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install

Also, the sticky in this forum has more information and a video tutorial: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lightheaded Trouble -- No Addon check box