12-16-07, 04:33 PM   #1
mrcoolice
A Murloc Raider
a mod similar to bongos

are there any mods similar to bongos that let you drag and drop things into action bars or bags
12-16-07, 04:41 PM   #2
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by mrcoolice
are there any mods similar to bongos that let you drag and drop things into action bars or bags

I'm pretty sure Bartender3 does what you are talking about if you are thinking of what I am... I used to use it, but had issues with my Sapeshifting and the action bars, so I use Bongos now. But if you are not a Druid, I'd try Bartender.
12-16-07, 09:32 PM   #3
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All bar mods that I know of allow you to drag & drop actions and items; so does the default bars.

Aside from Bongos2 I would suggest Bartender3 for similar options, or Trinity Buttons for ultimate control.

12-17-07, 04:57 PM   #4
SquishyMage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by littlebuddha79
I'm pretty sure Bartender3 does what you are talking about if you are thinking of what I am... I used to use it, but had issues with my Sapeshifting and the action bars, so I use Bongos now. But if you are not a Druid, I'd try Bartender.
Bartender3 works great for action bars. I prefer it over Bongos and Trinitybars.

I'm curious as to what problems you have when shapeshifting. I use BT3 as both a shadow priest and a feral druid. When I shift from shadow to non-shadow BT3 happily changes bar 1 between shadow spells and holy spells. When I shift from dire bear to cat to prowling cat, BT3 happily changes between three different bars for bar 1.

BT3 is so much easier to set up than the weird bit settings I had to modify in TrinityBars to get different stances.

BT3 is bloody simple. Go into the config. Select bar one. Select button paging. Under the entry labeled "dire bear form", choose the bar number. Do the same for cat, moonkin, tree, or prowling. You can do this for all ten bars. Change form. Bars change appropriately. Every time. Exactly as desired.
12-17-07, 07:34 PM   #5
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

I know Trinity used to be a pain to setup for stance shifting, but since 2.0 Maul has made leaps and bounds for improvements. Trinity will now automatically setup stances right out of the box if you are on a class that needs them (ie. Druid, Priest, Rogue, etc.)

12-18-07, 01:31 AM   #6
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

I had all my shapeshifting bars setup and bar 1 would switch with no problem, but it would also change a bar that I had not setup for my shapeshifting to match my shapeshifting. The bar that I had designated for my potions, food, mana-juice, etc... would change to match my cat form bar everytime i shapeshifted. Couldn't figure out why, so I switched.
12-18-07, 04:11 AM   #7
Fuzzywuzzy
A Black Drake

I use Bartender3, works fine with my druid too.

Can't really say i prefer it to others since i havent tried the others. But it works fine for me and do what i need so far

Might give some of the other mods a try at some point, just to check them out.
12-18-07, 06:42 AM   #8
Slakah
A Molten Giant

I had all my shapeshifting bars setup and bar 1 would switch with no problem, but it would also change a bar that I had not setup for my shapeshifting to match my shapeshifting. The bar that I had designated for my potions, food, mana-juice, etc... would change to match my cat form bar everytime i shapeshifted. Couldn't figure out why, so I switched.

Have you ever tried right clicking a bar and going down to stances?
12-18-07, 07:29 AM   #9
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

Yes, I had all of my stances setup, I tried to figure it out for 2 days looking at forums, and FAQs, but I couldn't stop it from switching my potions bar, so I gave up out of frustration.
12-18-07, 07:31 AM   #10
SquishyMage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I know you don't use it, but here's the fix for someone else who might encounter your problem.

/bt3 config
Expand the bar entry that is changing.
Click on the stance submenu. Click the dropdowns for the different stances. Set them to blank.

For me, I simply prefer Bartender3. Bloody easy to config. Doesn't default to all bars active. Easy interface to resize and reshape the rows. Full stance support for warriors and druids. Hide out of combat. Hide until mouse-over. Plays well with cyCycled. It's not the only bar addon that does all this, but it's worked the same way for a long time, and just seems easier to set up than Bongos or Trinity.
12-18-07, 09:49 AM   #11
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by SquishyMage
I know you don't use it, but here's the fix for someone else who might encounter your problem.

/bt3 config
Expand the bar entry that is changing.
Click on the stance submenu. Click the dropdowns for the different stances. Set them to blank.

For me, I simply prefer Bartender3. Bloody easy to config. Doesn't default to all bars active. Easy interface to resize and reshape the rows. Full stance support for warriors and druids. Hide out of combat. Hide until mouse-over. Plays well with cyCycled. It's not the only bar addon that does all this, but it's worked the same way for a long time, and just seems easier to set up than Bongos or Trinity.
You see I say exactly the same thing about Bongos 2.
12-18-07, 11:29 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
BT3 does not have "hide out of combat"
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-18-07, 12:27 PM   #13
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

I am a Bongos2 fan. Seems mich lighter weight than the other mods to me and still provides the functionality I desire.

I REALLY like the keybinding interface - it is for me SO easy.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » a mod similar to bongos