11-19-07, 02:00 AM   #1
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nquestlog

idk if its the addon im talking about but the addon that lets you see quest info from wowhead, is there any way to reduce the lag from it? whenever i click on a quest to see it it freezes my game. if theres no fix im gonna have to just disable it which i really dont want to.
11-19-07, 06:03 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

The mod that display info from WoWHead is called Lightheaded. You can try disabling Lightheaded to see if that clears up your issue.
11-19-07, 10:12 AM   #3
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
i remember a while ago(also a patch although a minor one) this would happen if you didnt update nquestlog

I would DELETE the nquestlog folder and install it again using Wow Ace Updater.

Also if you could get hold of an up-to-date version of lightheaded and replace the one you have.

Mine is working perfectly at the moment.

/smirge
11-19-07, 10:16 AM   #4
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
The great thing about Lightheaded, beyond the amount of data it gives you, is that it's totally modular and loads quest info for different level ranges (1-20, 20-40, etc) - because the author knows it has so much data that it WILL lag you out if you have everything loaded all at once. The other nice thing is, it's totally optional and not required by nQuestLog - so yes, try to disable it and see if you can alleviate your lag problems when clicking quests.

What I would also look at is go into your rMCP window (Main Menu, Addons) and see if all the Lightheaded modules are loaded or if only your current level's quest data is loaded. If it says that everything is loaded, there is a problem.
11-19-07, 10:37 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
They can be checked off, but the data is not loaded into memory until you click on a quest for that level range.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-19-07, 10:45 AM   #6
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seerah
They can be checked off, but the data is not loaded into memory until you click on a quest for that level range.
>.> That's exactly what I meant. Thing is, if they ARE loaded into memory even if you don't have a quest of that level range, there's a problem.
11-19-07, 09:35 PM   #7
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Lightheaded is the addon i was looking for and im pretty sure its just the interaction between WoW and lightheaded getting info from wowhead im wondering if its just my computer that could be too slow even though its the only thing thats giving me lag problems.(besides cities)
11-19-07, 10:03 PM   #8
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
It doesn't actively go get info from WoWhead - No addon can do that kind of function. The addon's data is updated on a regular basis by parsing the databases of WoWhead, and you have to update the data module addons to get that new data in your game.
11-19-07, 10:06 PM   #9
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

im thinking is just the hardware ony my computer not being good enough to load that much information=( ill just have to wait for my new RAM to come in.
11-19-07, 10:45 PM   #10
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey it's possible... I mean, this addon compilation is huge. One of the bigger ones anyhow... It takes a while to load everything, even taking into consideration the optimizing it went through to make sure that some things are only loaded when needed.
11-19-07, 10:53 PM   #11
Elexin
A Defias Bandit
bugsack error from nquestlog.

2007/11/19 19:48:38-78-x1]: nQuestLog-1.0\moduleLoading.lua:75: attempt to index field 'db' (a nil value)
nQuestLog-1.0\moduleLoading.lua:65: in function `IsModuleEnabled'
nQuestLog-1.0\moduleLoading.lua:92: in function `GetColor'
nQuestLog-1.0\core.lua:245: in function `RefreshBackdrop'
nQuestLog-1.0\core.lua:255: in function `RefreshTracker'
nQuestLog-1.0\core.lua:68: in function `ToggleVisible'
MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Core.lua:652: in function `nQuestToggle'
MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Core.lua:594: in function `HotSpot_Click_Handle'
MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Frames.lua:370: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\MazzleUI_Frames.lua:370>

I hope you can figure out whats going on with it. I love it, but I refuse to disable lightheaded.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » nquestlog