11-14-07, 06:07 PM   #1
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

Angry UI issue

Yesterday i had many add on, on the UI, but sense much of them don`t goes together i decide to delete them all and upload a few add ons that got the functions i want . Sadly i delete the Add on files that comes up after you had write your password. And now i can`t marked the add ons i want to use, that was in the left corner of the screen, because the icon dosen`t exist . Can someone tell me the name of the files. A quick link plz.
11-14-07, 06:36 PM   #2
Fugainai
An Aku'mai Servant

....what? It's hard to understand what you're trying to say here but I'm going to take a guess at it.

Yesterday, you had some addons installed that didn't quite go together and you decided to delete them all. But you installed(unloaded, yes/no?) a few of the ones that did what you wanted.

When you logged into your WoW account, the Addons button in the left hand corner of the screen was gone, hence not being able to select which addon combinations you'd like to use with you character(s). Am I right?

The most likely problem is that you didn't install the addons correctly. Here's a few things to check for:
1) Make sure they are in the right place. The default location for the addons is: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons. If you happened to install WoW in some other location, the World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons part would be the same. Everything before that would be different.
2) Make sure the addons files that you installed aren't still zipped. Even if you have the zipped folders in the right place, WoW can't do anything with them in that format.
3) Make sure that the folder path doesn't double in on itself (i.e. Interface\Addons\Interface\Addons\...). Some authors include the Interface\Addons folders in the zip file for their addons as well.
4) In the Addons folders, there should be multiple folders in there with the names of the addons and not just the core files for the addons. WoW won't work with them like that.

I think that's most of the general possibilities. I just got off of a 20 hour shift, and thus a little tired, so I don't want to sound condescending with this post. It's sometimes the little things that trip you up. Like engineers trying to test something 10 different ways when the problem is something simple they should have checked in the first place
11-15-07, 09:11 AM   #3
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Fugainai
....what? It's hard to understand what you're trying to say here but I'm going to take a guess at it.

Yesterday, you had some addons installed that didn't quite go together and you decided to delete them all. But you installed(unloaded, yes/no?) a few of the ones that did what you wanted.

When you logged into your WoW account, the Addons button in the left hand corner of the screen was gone, hence not being able to select which addon combinations you'd like to use with you character(s). Am I right?

The most likely problem is that you didn't install the addons correctly. Here's a few things to check for:
1) Make sure they are in the right place. The default location for the addons is: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons. If you happened to install WoW in some other location, the World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons part would be the same. Everything before that would be different.
2) Make sure the addons files that you installed aren't still zipped. Even if you have the zipped folders in the right place, WoW can't do anything with them in that format.
3) Make sure that the folder path doesn't double in on itself (i.e. Interface\Addons\Interface\Addons\...). Some authors include the Interface\Addons folders in the zip file for their addons as well.
4) In the Addons folders, there should be multiple folders in there with the names of the addons and not just the core files for the addons. WoW won't work with them like that.

I think that's most of the general possibilities. I just got off of a 20 hour shift, and thus a little tired, so I don't want to sound condescending with this post. It's sometimes the little things that trip you up. Like engineers trying to test something 10 different ways when the problem is something simple they should have checked in the first place

I meant the icon that comes up on the left lower corner, on the same site were you chose the charters you want to play, andcreate charter and delet them. That part on the screen is missing. Did you got it. I know my English isn`t the best.
11-15-07, 10:35 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Make sure you've followed these instructions: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-15-07, 01:56 PM   #5
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Seerah
Make sure you've followed these instructions: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install

I have move patches, re-download the game, i have no clue what i did, but now is working.
BTW thanks for the Quick Link.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI issue