11-07-07, 06:32 PM   #1
ImbuedNether
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Buffs showns as lines, second target

Hi, im a bit noob in this of mods, but i was looking for 2 things in particular.

First:
Buffs and debuffs casted on me, to be show like the image.

And another thing, i am using a pally, and most of the time my target is a party member. I would like to know if there is a way to have like a 2nd target, to see the health of one boss battle for example, and see what is casting, health, just like a normal target.

Thanks !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hypothermia.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1518  
11-07-07, 08:15 PM   #2
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ElkBuffBar is an excellent buff/debuff addon.

You may want to check out a unit frame addon to handle Target-of-Target and focus frame support. ag_UnitFrames is a very nice easy to use unit frame addon. It will let you customize your player/party/raid and target/ToT/ToToT/Focus/FocusTarget frames.
11-07-07, 08:17 PM   #3
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by ImbuedNether
Buffs and debuffs casted on me, to be show like the image.
Many buffbar addons, ElkBuffBar is one:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sBuffBars.html

Originally Posted by ImbuedNether
And another thing, i am using a pally, and most of the time my target is a party member. I would like to know if there is a way to have like a 2nd target, to see the health of one boss battle for example, and see what is casting, health, just like a normal target.
Your "focus" is what you should be using for that. You can set your focus with /focus while targeting a unit and then use this focus in macros or to display an extra frame showing it.
11-07-07, 09:38 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
One thing to note: mulesh linked the *old* version of ElkBuffBar (still works, but way less features), while Kaomie linked the current ElkBuffBars (note the '-s' on the end).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-08-07, 05:13 PM   #5
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Did you click the link, Seerah? (wowace auto redirects). Elkano did change the name but the newest version IS on wowace (r54017)
11-08-07, 09:36 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
no, I didn't click it - I just saw where it was heading to.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-08-07, 10:18 PM   #7
ImbuedNether
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey, thanks for the replies !

IŽve been trying CTbuffs, but i dont like it... when in parties and lots of buffs on you, even on the smallest scale, it take a lot of screen.

And about the focus, iŽll start investigating, thats something i didnt know it existed. ItŽll make my life a lot easier !

Thanks, if i find some add on worth mentioning it ill post it here !

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Buffs showns as lines, second target